Bryce Young Benched. Rams Project?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Many may disagree, but I really believe that if Stafford were willing to adjust he contract a couple years back he would have probably been dealt and the Rams starting QB would be Baker Mayfield.

Anyway, the only way Stafford gets traded now is if the season really goes south and there is a young alternative with some upside on the roster or the Rams are looking at a top 3 or so selection.

As for the former, Bryce Young is not that player.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
or the Rams are looking at a top 3 or so selection.

Oh No What GIF by Originals

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
That is the dumbest fucking thing I've seen on the internet in a long while and we're in an election cycle!!
I agree....I actually responded by calling him a fuckin idiot and stating that he must have CTE. Goes to show that not everyone should not speak their mind in the world of social media. What a dumb fuck

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hey den good to see you back. How are you feeling so far and how is the new hip doing?
Stay strong my friend; you've got this.

~ArkyRamsFan~
Thank you my Ram brother, rehab has been going extremely well. Went home the same day and it has been onward & upward day by day.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I must have missed the part where the Rams are also receiving 2-3 1st round picks in the deal. Otherwise, Chase Daniel's brain is less functional than Tua's
I missed the part where Snead and McVay were on a weekend heroine binge when they made the trade.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do not think he is done after this year. Just my opinion.
We do not know how this year is going to turn out.
We have the best coach in football.
Fair enough.
I still don't see any quarterback on our roster that has the potential to be our future quarterback.
By the time we DO develop our rookie starters in a year or so, who is our quarterback of the future that we're developing.
I'm not seeing ANYBODY.
That's a problem in my eyes for the future of this team.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Oh, I think that was when they made the Ernest Jones trade....

I kid, I kid

Sorta....
I'm fine with the Ernest Jones trade. They just need to get Speights in there.

But that trade offer they made to the Jets to move up for Brock Bowers was utter madness. And I really wanted Bowers on this team.

Last edited:

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Fair enough.
I still don't see any quarterback on our roster that has the potential to be our future quarterback.
By the time we DO develop our rookie starters in a year or so, who is our quarterback of the future that we're developing.
I'm not seeing ANYBODY.
That's a problem in my eyes for the future of this team.
McVay pretty much made Cousins. Who was a nobody at one time so its not like he cant get it done.
But yes, we do not have the QB of the future on the team.
Sean and Stafford are tight. I do not think for one second if our coach had any inkling his QB might want to hang it up soon he would not put more effort into finding the next guy.
We do know the Rams gave up a LOT to get Goff and Stafford. I expect a giant trade up or for a vet at some point.
But I do NOT want ANY short QB we have to do anything special to see anything. Nor any QB who takes off running all the time because he is good at it. Maybe just once in awhile like Allen. ( who I would not mind on our roster)
But McVay's QBs have to be smart and tough. He is kinda like Martz in some ways. Both are hard on QBS.
Stafford is my kind of QB. I hope he ends up like Brady.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
McVay pretty much made Cousins. Who was a nobody at one time so its not like he cant get it done.
But yes, we do not have the QB of the future on the team.
Sean and Stafford are tight. I do not think for one second if our coach had any inkling his QB might want to hang it up soon he would not put more effort into finding the next guy.
Yeah I believe McVay and Stafford are real with each other. Meaning McVay made a real effort this year to stack the OL for Stafford, but the injuries and AJ being an asshole screwed it up. Also Stafford is honest I am sure with Coach in terms of letting him know where his mind is on retirement. Which is to say I don't think Stafford is thinking retirement. My guess is he is thinking playoff runs and titles and his HoF credentials.

Stafford still has a plus arm. There is no reason to think McVay is looking for a new QB1. But I agree we do not have the QB of the future on this team, which we can probably all agree is a clear truth, so that is something Coach will keep looking for. And since it makes more sense to me to prioritize LT (barring a draft structure that pushes us to prioritize QB instead) this makes me think the Rams are all in with Stafford for the next couple seasons.