Bryce Young Benched. Rams Project?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Chase Daniel is a moron. But we sort of knew that already.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

View: https://x.com/ChaseDaniel/status/1836427208036094194

Yes, it is crazy. Very fucking crazy...

Stafford and a third for a guy who, yes is talented, but has other flags and is 2-18 as a starter?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

To the person who made the trade, how about, "Fuck you!"?

Oh, shit, I'm...fuck. Embarrassed for Daniel. I thought he was smarter than that. Guess Brad Smith/Brady Cook is now my favorite Mizzou quarterback.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lol, that was easily the dumbest trade proposal I've ever seen if he's serious. My idea of asking for our second round pick back to take Young off their hands isn't as silly as that one.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Lol, that was easily the dumbest trade proposal I've ever seen if he's serious. My idea of asking for our second round pick back to take Young off their hands isn't as silly as that one.

That's my thought exactly. The Panthers better gift us our second back if they want us to take Young's salary off of their hands. We'll give them Reeder.

...Yes, I know it'll never happen, but that's my thoughts. I don't want Bryce Young at all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, it is crazy. Very fucking crazy...

Stafford and a third for a guy who, yes is talented, but has other flags and is 2-18 as a starter?
I must have missed the part where the Rams are also receiving 2-3 1st round picks in the deal. Otherwise, Chase Daniel's brain is less functional than Tua's

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
Gotta agree, I've seen some ignorant fan made trades, but this guy is an experienced NFL player and sports media guy who thinks Young is worth Matthew Stafford annnnd a 3rd round pick. LOL!

Personally I like Young, but I don't think he fits the McVay scheme. It requires a field general not someone who needs roll outs and OL to push open passing lanes.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I read three different articles today suggesting or recommending a Stafford trade.

Not a single one mentioned the words ... 'salary cap '.

Any discussion of a trade MUST at least mention the salary cap implications to have any viability ... IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read three different articles today suggesting or recommending a Stafford trade.

Any discussion of a trade MUST at least mention the salary cap implications to have any viability ... IMO.
While I agree with the premise, I also am not certain whether or not dead cap ramifications are pushed out to 2025 to deal with

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I don't see a Stafford trade for a variety of reasons. If they were actually interested in Young you would think him training under Stafford and Kupp we be ideal for development.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This guy looks lost, the hardest pass ever. Nope.
Understandable.
So what's your idea for giving us a starting quarterback in 2025?
I think we're going to need one because why wouldn't Stafford retire after this year.
He's going to take a beating.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Understandable.
So what's your idea for giving us a starting quarterback in 2025?
I think we're going to need one because why wouldn't Stafford retire after this year.
He's going to take a beating.
I do not think he is done after this year. Just my opinion.
We do not know how this year is going to turn out.
We have the best coach in football.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If they did that they couldn't make up all these whacky deals.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
*Quarterback whisperer* Dave Canales, hired specifically to get Bryce Young up and going is giving up on him two games into the season to replace him with Andy Dalton.

What if the Rams could get him for a second rounder?

Give McVay a project to keep him interested and the Rams a long-term quarterback (?)
No Way Reaction GIF

pvtdragon39

Rookie
I dont think we should think of trading Stafford at all. Maybe trade some picks or Jimmy for some Line help, but get young? NOPE

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If they did that they couldn't make up all these whacky deals.

Bless You.

I understand fans that don't want to follow the salary cap. It's part of the NFL but it's NOT Football.

It's business, numbers, math, dopey procedures and rules, with silly terms ... It's Boring!
I get that. Really I do. I was a corporate tax attorney for 33 years; and let me tell you ... It was Fucking BORING!

I choose to read-up and study the NFL Salary Cap; and ... you know what? I don't really understand it!

The NFL salary cap is real, and it's implications on transactions should not be ignored by the NFL Media.

Tano

Legend

We give up a third and Stafford for Bryce Young? WTF is that kind of trade?

I would want at minimum 2 1sts and Young to trade Stafford. And even then I wouldn't want Young - You can keep him Carolina.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I don't let "proposals" bother me.

What does bother me is when I can't trust 9 out 10 sports headlines in my news feeds across my various devices and browsers.
Everything is gotcha click bait lately.

BREAKING: Stafford traded to the Dolphins.......................click over to site.........in wild trade proposal ....... FMITGA!!!!!

I don’t know who these people are. I don’t know what they want. If they stop now that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them, but if they don’t stop, I will look for them, I will find them and I will kill them.

Go Rams.