This is where you flip Jimmy G to the Fins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Trading the best backup the Rams have had since McVay has been the head coach would be a dumb move.

If the Rams were a lousy team, then sure. If they feel that Bennett is a better backup than Garapolo then okay. If the Rams season was over, yes. None of those things are true.

Plus Miami isn’t a Super Bowl contender, they shouldn’t trade an early pick for a backup level street free agent QB. They’d struggle to make the playoffs even with a healthy Tua.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Dolphins in a win now window and they can't count on Tua. Give coach someone he is familiar with and who he can compete with. Give us a motherload of premium compensation. Who says no?
No Way Bird GIF

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Trading the best backup the Rams have had since McVay has been the head coach would be a dumb move.

If the Rams were a lousy team, then sure. If they feel that Bennett is a better backup than Garapolo then okay. If the Rams season was over, yes. None of those things are true.

Plus Miami isn’t a Super Bowl contender, they shouldn’t trade an early pick for a backup level street free agent QB. They’d struggle to make the playoffs even with a healthy Tua.
I lean this way as well. Just an I interesting exercise to think what they could get and if they could go grab a Tanneyhill as a replacement.

It would be something if they were open to it, and if so could they pry away LT Patrick Paul, who is their backup, a 2nd rd rookie. Throw them a 5th pick along with Jimmy.

Again, just spitballing, but I doubt they would do it and if it would even make sense.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

Rams will not prevail with Jimmy G at the helm. Bottomline Rams need to invest in a long term QB in upcoming drafts. I see your concern, but right now we have the luxury to squeeze the most desperate team in need for something better. Gambles are risky but sometimes necessary. If we wait longer Jimmy G will expire literally. Now is the time.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2 cents from a 3 cents guy.

Any talk about a high pick or Tyreek is wishful thinking. A high pick for a backup QB who hasn't done much in three years, PIPE DREAM???? His salary, along with his disposition are not fits for the Rams. It would hurt the WR room having him on this team.

A sensible fan can see this a lose lose for both teams. Jimmy G's value right now is based on short term expectations. Meaning he's not viewed as a solution as much as a stop gap, bridge for a few games. That's more important for the Rams (as a Rams Fan) than possibly squeaking into the playoffs for the Fins.

It hurts the Fins if they move out of draft position and it costs them more to move up to get their next QB of the future. Maybe he's more, and this is perfect timing for the Rams to fleece the Fins for the Ramsey trade????

IMO the Rams error on the side of security for this season over a mid-round draft pick next season.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Why trade for JG, when Tannehill is a FA?

JG wouldn’t net much anyway. His health can’t be relied on either.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the rams lose Stafford they aren’t winning the superbowl with jimmy G. Trade him.
That makes no sense to me because it's so binary.

Do you mean if we lose him now, or at week 12 or before the Super Bowl.

And what about losing Stafford and getting him back?

Could JG win us a game over the Cards or the Hawks that we might lose, which may make the difference between making the playoffs or not?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
How do we know they didn't try?
We don’t. All we do know is that Miami stood pat with Skylar Thompson and Mike White (since released) at back-up-QB.

I’m in the camp that anything less than a 2nd round pick is not worth the Rams even considering giving up Garoppolo; and, I don’t see Miami doing that.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Jimmy could win us a few regular season games if Stafford goes down. That might mean sneaking into the playoffs.

With our Oline injuries we might need old Gstring.

What is that worth to us? More then nerd boy would pay.