This is where you flip Jimmy G to the Fins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If McDaniel and Miami thought so much of Garoppolo to give-up a premium pick, wouldn't the Dolphins have simply pursued him as a free agent in the off-season.

dang

Legend
I think this would actually be a better time for Miami to flip one of their players for picks they can package to replace Tua next year. Sadly , I think he's done & so are they without him, tbh. I kinda hope he is for his own sake.

Jimmy G taking anyone to the SB from week 3 seems unlikely. I'm with those who say he has significant value to LAR as a bridge/insurance, though. I vote no.

Now, if they want to deal Cheetah for a first or two as well as G-String - he'd never hit Tyreek downfield, anyway...lol.........then I say eff them picks & ex-Whiners.... their GM might be as reckless a pick juggler as Snead ( the Waddle draft) & they just might want the whole Hill drama to go away. Enough problems on the field.

Can you imagine; Kupp, Tyreek, and eventually Puka ?! I prefer my in-season pipedreams to help The Rams now, not at some hazy point in the future.
So Tutu, G-String and 2025.R3 for “Tyreek the freak”?

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
If Stafford misses any games, Jimmy can keep our season alive. I wouldn’t trade him.

I don’t want him starting any games, but he can win some for us if we need a few games out of him.
Agreed but I would totally trade him for a 1st. That would be a win.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Why would ANYONE trade for Trey Lance? :laugh4:

Tannehill
Trey Lance
Jimmy G
CJ Beathard
Joshua Dobbs

On Jimmy G:

The Los Angeles Rams probably prefer to keep him as veteran insurance behind a 36-year-old Matthew Stafford, but they also carried Stetson Bennett into the season as the No. 2 with Garoppolo serving a brief suspension. And Garoppolo may prefer one last shot at a first-team gig. Where better than in sunny Miami, where he'd reunite with McDaniel after five years together in the Bay Area? There might not be a better stylistic fit.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Skylar Thompson is the only QB on their roster now. A 3rd year, 7th round pick with 80 career passing yards.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Tua had three concussions in 2022. Insurance for their Quarterback would have made sense.

Kind of like what the Rams did in signing Garoppolo to back-up Stafford.
A year late right? GB game still pisses me off.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Skylar Thompson is the only QB on their roster now. A 3rd year, 7th round pick with 80 career passing yards.
Well, they have Tim Boyle on the Practice Squad; and you know what they say ...
"You can't stop Tim Boyle ... you can only hope to contain him"

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think McVay would rather die than not be competitive. I don't think you can win in the playoffs with Jimmy G (especially at this stage in his career) unless you have a lights out defense but I think that matters less than McVay wanting to compete game in and game out which Jimmy at least lets him do if something happens with Stafford.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Depends on the compensation, if they want to give a 1st or a 2nd + a player. Snead would have to at least talk to them, I dont think they will give it up, but I dont know how desperate they are either. They seem to have a decent team for the AFC east, playoffs could be possible even with Jimmy G.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think McVay would rather die than not be competitive. I don't think you can win in the playoffs with Jimmy G (especially at this stage in his career) unless you have a lights out defense but I think that matters less than McVay wanting to compete game in and game out which Jimmy at least lets him do if something happens with Stafford.
Certainly. But what do you do if you're McVay and the Dolphins are desperate and offering let's say a round 2 and change. Where's that line where you say "fuck it let's hope Stafford stays healthy and take the picks."

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I never felt right about having Jimmy G in a Rams uniform. To me he will always have whiner stench on him.

If we could get a capable OL for him via trade, I would do it in a heartbeat.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I never felt right about having Jimmy G in a Rams uniform. To me he will always have whiner stench on him.

If we could get a capable OL for him via trade, I would do it in a heartbeat.
I was just looking at their depth chart for OL & CB. Wow, are they paper thin. Both back up CBs are street FA nobodies. The only back up OL with any pedigree is this year's 2nd rd pick, Patrick Paul. The rest are college FAs. So no help there and I doubt you could get Patrick Paul unless you send them say a 4th and Jimmy fir Patrick Paul who could be the future LT.

As for a straight draft pick trade, considering Jimmy G's age and injury history and the fact that he was available for anyone to sign, I am guessing the best you could get is a 4th that could be raised to a 3rd if he led them to the playoffs.

In all likleyhood more like a conditional 5th that could be upgraded.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Stafford goes done we're pretty much screwed and we wouldn't get much for g-string anyway.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I would trade him in a heartbeat. A few teams in dire need of a journeyman QB Jimmy G is that guy. Lets shop him out and get something for him.