49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
When they are losing, they are cheap shot artist, that has been proven.
As we’ve heard from AD, the Rams and 49ers do not like each other.

I would have preferred getting this game a bit earlier in the year, than right before the playoffs.

I remember last year after Stafford threw an INT and Fred Warner cheap shorted him from behind and then in his press conference he said “I’m not that kind of player”. I guess everybody only imagined that he did that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I remember last year after Stafford threw an INT and Fred Warner cheap shorted him from behind and then in his press conference he said “I’m not that kind of player”. I guess everybody only imagined that he did that.
There were actual Ram fans that defended him, communicating "He's never done anything like that before." But now the bastard has!

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
As we’ve heard from AD, the Rams and 49ers do not like each other.

I would have preferred getting this game a bit earlier in the year, than right before the playoffs.

videotogif_2023.12.27_13.12.16.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they can rest starters they will I think. Gives them deniability if they drop that game. I mean can you imagine what it would do to their team psyche if they lose to the RAMS week 18 while playing their starters? :laugh3:

The same thing that it did to the Rams in 21?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

He's a fucking POS and the kind of player that makes me have a little more sympathy for certain methods previously employed by Gregg Williams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He's a fucking POS and the kind of player that makes me have a little more sympathy for certain methods previously employed by Gregg Williams.

Just adds to the rivalry.Still Warner is a heck of a mlb.He covers a lot of the field.Greenwell is the dirtier player imo.

Let’s get by the Giants first & then look ahead.If that ends up being the last game of the season for The Rams it would suck.

dang

Legend
Earlier this year, I called Greenlaw a dirty player on an article after his ejection from the Eagles game. Never saw so many bitch ass Whiner fans run to his defense. I held firm and told them he's a dirty little bitch and they could handle it, it was glorious :laugh1:
There no objective NFL fan that watches Greenlaws play that wouldn’t think he was a cheap shot. I’m guessing he justifies it as necessary aggressive play.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
There no objective NFL fan that watches Greenlaws play that wouldn’t think he was a cheap shot. I’m guessing he justifies it as necessary aggressive play.
Totally agree, thats how I knew it was bitch ass Whiner fans coming to his defense. Their best comeback was I should watch soccer :laugh1::laugh2:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Honestly, as much as it pains me to say this, if the Whiners don't win the SB this year, they are officially cursed. They're by far the best team in the league. Ironically, I think the Rams are one of the few teams who could throw a monkey wrench in their playoff run. I think Dallas is there too.

If the 49ers win tonight and next week they clinch the number one seed going into our game. You would think they'd sit most their starters in that one. Or at least only play them a quarter or two. But Shanahan would be facing a lot of outside pressure to beat us if a loss eliminates us. They want revenge for that playoff loss to us. Would Shanahan give in to it? Be risky to play guys like Purdy, McCaffrey, Deebo, Aiyuk and Bosa in a meaningless game.

This game is the blueprint on how to stop the 9ers offense. Take McCafferty out of the game and make Purdy beat you with his arm. I have felt that Purdy is a system QB and is simply not talented enough to beat other teams with his arm if they are playing from behind against a quality defense.
It gets even worse than purdy’s inability to play from behind. Apparently the affliction is also suffered by their HC. He has a dismal record when coaching from behind, especially if it’s more than 1 score going into the second half.

Look at heir schedule/record this season. They’ve blown out a lot of good teams, but the only one score game they’ve won was vs the Rams in week 2.

I have to say that the Rams, no matter how long the odds, are probably the team with the best chance of going on the road and beating the 9ers in the postseason.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Honestly, as much as it pains me to say this, if the Whiners don't win the SB this year, they are officially cursed. They're by far the best team in the league. Ironically, I think the Rams are one of the few teams who could throw a monkey wrench in their playoff run. I think Dallas is there too.
Wtf? They aren't the best team :laugh1::laugh2::laugh3::laugh4:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
If they have the number one seed and rest their starters against the Rams, then that would be two weeks off in a row.

They do have to get healthy on the Oline though.

Would they be resigned to not fighting for homefield advantage and just take the week off early against the Rams?

Time will tell.

This is the point I emphasize. Resting your guys in week 18 is essentially giving them 2 weeks off to play a team that has already won a game in playoff mode. Barring injuries, that team is ready to rock n roll. Imagine playing a team like the Rams who would have won maybe 5 straight games—all in playoff mode.
The 9ers are gonna have to play starters for at least some of the game.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

Injury to 49ers' top rookie is a potentially massive blow

Ji'Ayir Brown's emergence following a season-ending injury to Talanoa Hufanga has been a development of underrated importance for the San Francisco 49ers during the second half of the season.
However, the 49ers may now need to find a replacement for their rookie top pick after head coach Kyle Shanahan revealed the third-rounder had suffered a knee sprain.

That injury kept Brown out of Wednesday's walkthrough practice as the 49ers prepare to face the Washington Commodes on a short week.

Asked about the injury in his Wednesday press conference, Shanahan indicated it could be a long-term injury for the former Penn State star.

"There's concern [of it being long term]. We're not ruling him out this week, but there's concern, that's why he can't go today," Shanahan said.

While Brown struggled with open-field tackling in the 49ers' 33-19 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Christmas Day, he has been largely excellent since taking over for Hufanga, who went down in the Week 11 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Brown clinched that victory with an endzone interception and also had three pass breakups.
He recorded another interception against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 14 and has consistently demonstrated the awareness, athleticism and playmaking ability that led the 49ers to trade up for him.

Any prolonged absence would create a huge hole for the 49ers going into the postseason, one that would most likely be filled by veteran Logan Ryan, who signed with San Francisco on December 6. Shanahan also indicated that practice squad safeties Erik Harris and Tayler Hawkins could be options, along with slot corner Isaiah Oliver.

Brown's speed in adapting to the NFL game after taking over for Hufanga prevented safety from turning into a potential weakness. If Brown is out for an extended period of time, the 49ers need to find another solution that has the same impact.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Niners have clinched homefield advantage. CMC left the field with a calf injury in today’s game. They have a few injured players that they will likely need to rest next week.

I hope if the Niners do rest some players that we don’t see a repeat of the Rams/Giants debacle. The Rams need to be able to beat a full strength Niners team. Losing to a Niners team that rests several starters would be a pathetic finish to a great second half of the season.

Of course, if the Steelers pull out this win against the Shehawks then this is a moot point. Go Steelers!

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
F.Y.I. Talking heads on the radio are talking about the missed kicks by the 9er’s yesterday. Said Lynch and Ratboy should have “malpractice” charges brought against them if this rookie kicker costs them a playoff game. They were pining for the good old days with Robbie Gould, wondering why they didn’t bring him back. Sounds like Gould is sticking with his retirement decision.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
F.Y.I. Talking heads on the radio are talking about the missed kicks by the 9er’s yesterday. Said Lynch and Ratboy should have “malpractice” charges brought against them if this rookie kicker costs them a playoff game. They were pining for the good old days with Robbie Gould, wondering why they didn’t bring him back. Sounds like Gould is sticking with his retirement decision.
We beat the Lions…sign Gould…he kicks winning FG against 49ers in divisional round…

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Whiners yet again give up a 2 TD lead in the second half. It really seems that if you don't let this team blow you out in a meaningful game, they falter down the stretch.

If/when we get by the Lions, I'm thinking we send them home in another meaningful game.

Rat Face is choke master choke.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
We beat the Lions…sign Gould…he kicks winning FG against 49ers in divisional round…
It seems like I've been calling for Robbie Gold all year.
I know he won't come cheap - and nor should he - but ask yourself this question: what's the cost for more missed kicks in the "one and done" playoffs?

Btw Mr. Gold has Never missed a kick in the playoffs in his career.

So there's that...

~ArkyRamsFan~

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It seems like I've been calling for Robbie Gold all year.
I know he won't come cheap - and nor should he - but ask yourself this question: what's the cost for more missed kicks in the "one and done" playoffs?

Btw Mr. Gold has Never missed a kick in the playoffs in his career.

So there's that...

~ArkyRamsFan~
Is there any cap space?

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
I'm bumping this thread because I'm faded and I hate this fucking team and all their whiny ass fans.

Go Detroit. I don't give a fuck about what happened to us. I hope the Santa Clara Whiners get their shit pushed in for thinking their weak ass twerp of a QB is elite.

I still remember back in 2017 when they thought G-string Jimmy was a better QB than Jared Goff. Welp, how did that play out?

So, all I gotta say is, "Put your hands up for Detroit!"

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cxhab3IMYm0&pp=ygUdcHV0IHlvdXIgaGFuZHMgdXAgZm9yIGRldHJvaXQ%3D