49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Our defensive coaches should put together a video of Warner last night and save it for when we play the Ravens again and label it how not to try and tackle Lamar Jackson in the open field

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our defensive coaches should put together a video of Warner last night and save it for when we play the Ravens again and label it how not to try and tackle Lamar Jackson in the open field
And add it to the tape of our guys as well.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I think I put 75k on the Ravens +6.5
Screenshot_20231226_164128_Samsung Internet.jpg

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I did! I originally predicted that the Whiners couldn't handle Lamar Jackson and I was right :bullseye:
I'm very happy to see whiner's misfortunes.

But the whiner's bad breaks with tipped balls and stuff, is what almost always happens to the Rams when we play the whiners.

I saw this youtube video where some talking heads think rat boy will play his starters against the Rams even with the #1 seed locked up if a win means the Rams will not get into the playoffs because he doesn't want to face the Rams. If he is dumb enough to do that, then too bad too sad if one of their key players gets injured and they still lose the game.

Not hoping for injuries, but sh*t happens in football, That's why you rest starters if you have nothing to play for.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm very happy to see whiner's misfortunes.

But the whiner's bad breaks with tipped balls and stuff, is what almost always happens to the Rams when we play the whiners.

I saw this youtube video where some talking heads think rat boy will play his starters against the Rams even with the #1 seed locked up if a win means the Rams will not get into the playoffs because he doesn't want to face the Rams. If he is dumb enough to do that, then too bad too sad if one of their key players gets injured and they still lose the game.

Not hoping for injuries, but sh*t happens in football, That's why you rest starters if you have nothing to play for.
If Shanahan and the players opted to play the final game, even if they didn't need it to get home field advantage, it would not be a shock to me. I expect that their hatred for the Rams would be motivation enough. Plus, the only thing that Shanahan has over McVay is his regular season win streak. He won't want that to end.

My biggest concern is that if the Rams are winning, a dick head like Greenlaw will retaliate by trying to injure someone like Kupp or Nacua.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
If Shanahan and the players opted to play the final game, even if they didn't need it to get home field advantage, it would not be a shock to me. I expect that their hatred for the Rams would be motivation enough. Plus, the only thing that Shanahan has over McVay is his regular season win streak. He won't want that to end.

My biggest concern is that if the Rams are winning, a dick head like Greenlaw will retaliate by trying to injure someone like Kupp or Nacua.
Earlier this year, I called Greenlaw a dirty player on an article after his ejection from the Eagles game. Never saw so many bitch ass Whiner fans run to his defense. I held firm and told them he's a dirty little bitch and they could handle it, it was glorious :laugh1:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

If they can rest starters they will I think. Gives them deniability if they drop that game. I mean can you imagine what it would do to their team psyche if they lose to the RAMS week 18 while playing their starters? :laugh3:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they can rest starters they will I think. Gives them deniability if they drop that game. I mean can you imagine what it would do to their team psyche if they lose to the RAMS week 18 while playing their starters? :laugh3:
In 2017, we rested our starters vs Frisco in the last regular season game. Of course, Rat Boy and the Niners abused our back ups and then we lost to the Falcons in the Wild Card. I believe it was after that Frisco game that McVay would never rest his starters again vs the Niners and so it's fair play if they do that to us

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Purdy is that he's the same guy he's been. A young QB who is a bit limited physically but who can look great within the framework of the SF system. Also they overlook the impact of the Ravens defense, who for the most part have eaten the QBs they've faced due to great discipline on the back end.

But anyway. In a fun related note here's the top ten defenses in passer rating against:

1703697651695.png

Rams have played 7 of the top 10.

Also as the season has gone on and the Rams OL has gelled following the addition of Dotson, and as Stafford got past that thumb injury, his form as ascended to that playoff stud we saw two years ago. Check out those last five games to include games vs the toughest defenses vs QBs...

1703698135350.png

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
As much as I love 9er misery.. it’s hard to count on tipped-ball interceptions as a strategy for victory.

But I’m VERY interested to see this Rams offense against their D.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
The bad part is that teams who get embarrassed suddenly play lights out afterwards.

Although F-N Purdy cost me an entry into the fantasy football super bowl in my league. Not because I had Purdy, but because my opponent had Lamar Jackson and Purdy's 4 INTs served up a couple of easy touchdowns for Jackson. I ended up losing by 2 points.

Oh and I had Tony Pollard who didn't get a touch on 1st and goal from the half yard line twice. The first one they inserted the full back who fumbled. Looking back that might have been the difference in the game.
Even with Amari Cooper's ridiculous day (48 pts in a non-PPR format), if Purdy had even a bad night I would have made it to the championship round.

But alas, 2.4 pts is not bad. It is mother-fucking atrocious.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If they have the number one seed and rest their starters against the Rams, then that would be two weeks off in a row.

They do have to get healthy on the Oline though.

Would they be resigned to not fighting for homefield advantage and just take the week off early against the Rams?

Time will tell.