49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And Jimmy G had a lot less talent to work with. Purdy inherited a loaded team.
Purdy is an upgrade because he will not force things like Garoppolo. I was really hoping for the clock to strike 12 for Purdy, but it does not appear to be happening.

Psycho_X

Legend
Purdy is an upgrade because he will not force things like Garoppolo. I was really hoping for the clock to strike 12 for Purdy, but it does not appear to be happening.
It kinda did when Deebo was out and several others were hobbled. They got healthy again and he's back to rolling with it. But I agree he does not force things like Jimmy G did when his talent is healthy which is the difference for them this season. He's got three pro bowl players who trade off as his safety net almost every pass play with Deebo, Kittle, and Cmac. Shanahan asks him to not do something stupid and just dump it off to them if nothing is blatantly open. It's annoying as hell to watch but it works unfortunately.

If those three players can stay healthy all the way through playoffs it'll be tough for any team to beat them. If they lose Deebo or Cmac it really limits the chunk plays from doing nothing for Purdy.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Still games to play and in those games Purdy is going to add to his season totals. By the end of the season he'll be better than Jimmy was.

Purdy is a definite upgrade over Jimmy. He is studious and dependable and willing to do the work. I still think he will end up losing in the playoffs but have to admit I am more and more concerned he might be able to get it done. Hope not.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If those three players can stay healthy all the way through playoffs it'll be tough for any team to beat them. If they lose Deebo or Cmac it really limits the chunk plays from doing nothing for Purdy.
LT Trent Williams too, when he was out, the pressure increased and Purdy became pedestrian.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This Ravens defense isn't that old unit that smothered runs and ate QBs with fast presssure. They're disciplined and smart on that back end. Tough on QBs for that reason but I doubt they stop that shitter run game.

Would certainly be nice to see that of course and I am hoping for it. But their path to victory in this game is moreso getting redzone wins both sides of the ball and limiting explosives.

Also and btw I don't think the shitter defense is as good as previous years. Just my feel on them. So hoping to see them give up a ton of points.

TexasRam

Legend
The Ravens D didn't impress me much.

We put up 410 yards, 24 first downs, no turnovers and dam near 38 points in their house.

It's like our yearly thumping of Arizona.

But we couldn't tackle Jackson. I can see the Niners dumping his ass to the floor several times.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
LT Trent Williams too, when he was out, the pressure increased and Purdy became pedestrian.
…who should’ve been out a few more games per the NFL for picking up an opposing player and slamming him to the turf. Special treatment for some reason.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was the ravens only bad defensive game all year. And we're red hot. I think tonight will be a defensive game

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For a seahawk player Sherman sure does come to the niners defense a lot.
Yeah that shitter loving piece of shite. Dude played for them after his skills had degraded and he thinks he's an all time great alumni. Irritating fuck.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Purdy has played well, but all this MVP talk irritates the shit out of me. My hatred for the whiners means I watch them almost every week and he doesn't have to deal with nearly the same amount of difficult situations that every other QB in the league has to deal with (based on what I watch on RedZone, which I have on all the time. Thanks FF football!)

In my opinion, he is getting waaayyy too much credit for the success of that team. He has a hall of fame rb talent who can catch and run routes at a high level. He has a pro bowl hybrid wr/rb who can take a screen to the house. George Kittle is still a miss match and Aiyuk can separate 1v1 consistently.

With that level of talent and trust in his weapons, a good defense, a coach who values the run game and can scheme up short easy passes, and consistently playing with a lead, he doesn't have to play in nearly the same kind of pressure situations everyone else does.

I know he has the stats, but in my opinion, he is in a DREAM scenario for any QB. Guys like Drew Lock, Sam Howell, or Taylor Heinecke are not MVP caliber players but if they were on the Whiners since last year and had the time to learn the offense and develop repoire with the whiner playmakers, I think they would do at least as well as Purdy, if not better. I also think the addition of McCaffrey had an exponential impact on that offense and is the real MVP.

Last edited:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Yeah that shitter loving piece of shite. Dude played for them after his skills had degraded and he thinks he's an all time great alumni. Irritating fuck.
But you left out ignorant, as in "ignorant irritating fuck..."

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
If the Rams squeak into the playoffs and knock out the 49’ers…

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

Even if the rams didn't win the SB that alone would be just as good.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Kyle and John looking for a Lineman-R-Us location anywhere in the Tri-County area...

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Purdy has played well, but all this MVP talk irritates the shit out of me. My hatred for the whiners means I watch them almost every week and he doesn't have to deal with nearly the same amount of difficult situations that every other QB in the league has to deal with (based on what I watch on RedZone, which I have on all the time. Thanks FF football!)

In my opinion, he is getting waaayyy too much credit for the success of that team. He has a hall of fame rb talent who can catch and run routes at a high level. He has a pro bowl hybrid wr/rb who can take a screen to the house. George Kittle is still a miss match and Aiyuk can separate 1v1 consistently.

With that level of talent and trust in his weapons, a good defense, a coach who values the run game and can scheme up short easy passes, and consistently playing with a lead, he doesn't have to play in nearly the same kind of pressure situations everyone else does.

I know he has the stats, but in my opinion, he is in a DREAM scenario for any QB. Guys like Drew Lock, Sam Howell, or Taylor Heinecke are not MVP caliber players but if they were on the Whiners since last year and had the time to learn the offense and develop repoire with the whiner playmakers, I think they would do at least as well as Purdy, if not better. I also think the addition of McCaffrey had an exponential impact on that offense and is the real MVP.

I'm faded and feeling pretty damn good after watching the whiners get their asses handed to them at home. I'm going to toot my horn for saying that I thought Drew Lock and Taylor Heinecke were at least as good as Purdy before the Whiners/Ravens game.

Those fuckers might be a little better after watching Darnold show more life than the irrelevant hobbit.

Last edited: