49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Honestly, as much as it pains me to say this, if the Whiners don't win the SB this year, they are officially cursed. They're by far the best team in the league. Ironically, I think the Rams are one of the few teams who could throw a monkey wrench in their playoff run. I think Dallas is there too.
The blue print to stopping them was displayed this year. The 6 man front shut down the run and gave Purdy fits, just like it did with Goff in 2018. But, do the Rams have the personnel to play that defense?

dang

Legend
The blue print to stopping them was displayed this year. The 6 man front shut down the run and gave Purdy fits, just like it did with Goff in 2018. But, do the Rams have the personnel to play that defense?
Rams need a better pass rush to slow down the 69ers. And a LB that can bring the wood on Dweebo. Smack him in the mouth early in the game and he wilts. The Rams will get that this offseason.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Sometimes you wonder if the NFL sets up the schedule to favor a team? The Eagles had a tough OT Monday night game against the Bills and the Whiners had a half week of extra rest because they last played on Thanksgiving day.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rams need a better pass rush to slow down the 69ers. And a LB that can bring the wood on Dweebo. Smack him in the mouth early in the game and he wilts. The Rams will get that this offseason.
Well, I’m talking about our last regular season game this season. Future pick ups won’t help this year.

I doubt they take a Liinebacker very high. They seem content with Jones. Plus they don’t put a high value on that position.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sometimes you wonder if the NFL sets up the schedule to favor a team? The Eagles had a tough OT Monday night game against the Bills and the Whiners had a half week of extra rest because they last played on Thanksgiving day.
And the Rams got three teams coming off a bye week.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I find it humorous how the talking heads had Purdy going into the HOF when the whiners were 5-0. Then reality set in and they were suddenly 5-3. Now they won some games against so now Purdy is HOF worthy again.

I told my wife who is a whiner's fan that Purdy would be 5-7 and injured or benched if he was playing for the Raiders.

And...... Jimmy G would likely be 9-3 playing for the whiners.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I find it humorous how the talking heads had Purdy going into the HOF when the whiners were 5-0. Then reality set in and they were suddenly 5-3. Now they won some games against so now Purdy is HOF worthy again.

I told my wife who is a whiner's fan that Purdy would be 5-7 and injured or benched if he was playing for the Raiders.

You married a Niners fan? WTF? :zany1:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The disclosure was after the marriage. :)
Ever here of an annulment? I think any judge outside of San Francisco would grant you one.

Or, you could do like me. I turned my wife from a Packers fan into a Rams fan. It was a struggle at first but two things helped. One was that Aaron Rodgers thought it was a good idea to reveal his true personality to his fans. The other was the Rams hiring Sean McVay.

I mean, how hard can it be to convince her that Shanahan is a total douche? He practically oozes it from every pore.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If the Rams squeak into the playoffs and knock out the 49’ers…

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

Stick Purdy in NE, Carolina, either NY teams and he'd be very average. Maybe no better than the current starters in NE or Car given the dearth of offensive talent.

I don't see how you can argue that he elevates players as opposed to other players elevating his play. Ryan Clark was arguing the latter on ESPN this morning.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Stick Purdy in NE, Carolina, either NY teams and he'd be very average. Maybe no better than the current starters in NE or Car given the dearth of offensive talent.

I don't see how you can argue that he elevates players as opposed to other players elevating his play. Ryan Clark was arguing the latter on ESPN this morning.
I think I've seen enough of Purdy to think he's above average (he's young and still possibly improving too). Just a dominate team now.

He seems to have cleaned up some of his wild throws and added the dimension of hitting the outs in their offense now.

Agree with previous poster, if they don't make superbowl this year or lose it, they're pretty cursed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think I've seen enough of Purdy to think he's above average (he's young and still possibly improving too). Just a dominate team now.

He seems to have cleaned up some of his wild throws and added the dimension of hitting the outs in their offense now.

Agree with previous poster, if they don't make superbowl this year or lose it, they're pretty cursed.
A few notes on Purdy. Gregg Cossell says he has the ability to read defenses pre snap and post snap, and he has GM great anticipation.

Mangini says he still makes questionable passes that lack accuracy, and the surrounding talent makes him look better than he is. Nick Wright likes him but thinks to get people to start thinking of him as a top QB, Purdy needs some come from behind wins.

I agree with all of it. I think Purdy is much better than I gave him credit for, but he’s still got something left to prove.

WestCoastRam

Legend
A few notes on Purdy. Gregg Cossell says he has the ability to read defenses pre snap and post snap, and he has GM great anticipation.

Mangini says he still makes questionable passes that lack accuracy, and the surrounding talent makes him look better than he is. Nick Wright likes him but thinks to get people to start thinking of him as a top QB, Purdy needs some come from behind wins.

I agree with all of it. I think Purdy is much better than I gave him credit for, but he’s still got something left to prove.
Totes. I think he's above average.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Purdy seems as though he is a good game manager, but I am not sold on him as being able to overcome when the odds are against him. However, as much as I hate it the 9ers struck gold with that pick.

Tano

Legend

Purdy is only good when he throws to Deebo McCaffrey and Kittle

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Purdy is only good when he throws to Deebo McCaffrey and Kittle

The Chinese receiver gets a lot of targets too, (Ayook)

Sucks that the cowgirls beat Philly,. Now the whiners are sitting in the #1 seed in the NFC and their only two chances to lose are against Baltimore and the Rams, but both games are in Santa Clara.