49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Softens up their run defense for sure.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Can't believe I'm even giving this some thought. But if we think we really have a shot at the playoffs we would want the 49ers to beat the Seahawks on Thursday. Several teams we needed to lose did lose yesterday.

Right now we're sitting in the 9th spot. Seahawks and Vikings are in the 6th and 7th spots. Packers are in the 8th spot. If the Seahawks lose we're a game behind them owning any tiebreaker with them. The Vikings have a bye.

Beating the Cardinals would definitely give someone like me who's been pessimistic the last few weeks something to get excited about. There are no gimmes with our team. The Cardinals won't be an easy out for us. No one will. But its possible a losing record will be in the playoffs. So who knows?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah the Cards are still a bad team but they're showing some spunk. I think the key decision pending for them is benching Murray. That allows them to tank for the highest pick possible while also getting a look at Tune.

Seahawks definitely are going to slide. Nice thing is all we have to do is tie them on record and we'll edge them out. At least going off memory it's heads up record first.

Shitters just need to not have the top seed. I want to see them on the road in the playoffs if at all possible, but they'll shit the bed the first top defense they face in the playoffs.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I don't remember who or which show it was that I first heard mention Purdy's short-arms and small hands but I can't unsee it now. Every single time I see him he looks wrong.

Disproportionately short arms on his not-tall frame. Looks like a mutant...

Tano

Legend
Yeah the Cards are still a bad team but they're showing some spunk. I think the key decision pending for them is benching Murray. That allows them to tank for the highest pick possible while also getting a look at Tune.

Seahawks definitely are going to slide. Nice thing is all we have to do is tie them on record and we'll edge them out. At least going off memory it's heads up record first.

Shitters just need to not have the top seed. I want to see them on the road in the playoffs if at all possible, but they'll shit the bed the first top defense they face in the playoffs.
they don't need to bench Murray - he sucks

oldnotdead

Legend
The Rams control their own destiny. Win out or just lose one more but sweep the rest and they are in.

The refs stealing the Bengal win from the Rams and Maher choking is why the Rams have a losing record. Those two games should have been wins. Not having a decent backup, hell I think had Bennett played instead of Rypien the Rams might have won another game. The Rams could easily have had 3 more wins at this point. So all the stuff about no talent simply isn't true.

McVay couldn't be bothered with getting a PK and did not care enough to properly vet the QB2 choice he delegated to others, sloppiness that normally McVay would not allow but he did. This is the guy that is rededicated, and re-energized? I dunno the pre-Super Bowl McVay doesn't make those basic mistakes. A lack of attention to detail is one of the first tells when someone is burning out. I'm concerned.

oldnotdead

Legend
This is a different Rams team the Niners will face at the end of the season. The Rams played them well the first time around. I think the Rams probably lose to the Ravens but sweep the rest including the Niners in the finale. 10-7 can be done and probably gets them the number 6th seed.

They would probably face the Niners again or the Lions. What an interesting game that would be against the Lions.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Rams control their own destiny. Win out or just lose one more but sweep the rest and they are in.

The refs stealing the Bengal win from the Rams and Maher choking is why the Rams have a losing record. Those two games should have been wins. Not having a decent backup, hell I think had Bennett played instead of Rypien the Rams might have won another game. The Rams could easily have had 3 more wins at this point. So all the stuff about no talent simply isn't true.

McVay couldn't be bothered with getting a PK and did not care enough to properly vet the QB2 choice he delegated to others, sloppiness that normally McVay would not allow but he did. This is the guy that is rededicated, and re-energized? I dunno the pre-Super Bowl McVay doesn't make those basic mistakes. A lack of attention to detail is one of the first tells when someone is burning out. I'm concerned.
The Rams in 2020 brought in a new Kicker mid-season.. and had John Wolford as a backup QB.

They won the SB the next season with both of them.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
This is a different Rams team the Niners will face at the end of the season. The Rams played them well the first time around. I think the Rams probably lose to the Ravens but sweep the rest including the Niners in the finale. 10-7 can be done and probably gets them the number 6th seed.

They would probably face the Niners again or the Lions. What an interesting game that would be against the Lions.

With the Rams weak kicker and other less than championship qualities this season, I would rather not make the playoffs than to squeak in only to lose to the whiners. That said, the Rams have a real shot at making the wild card.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hate the effing 9ers… but they’re incredible right now.
Yeah, I know Purdy has a few shortcomings (pun intended). But I think I’m done with saying he’s overrated. He’s a good QB.

McCaffrey fits their run game well and Shanahan has a mysterious way of turning back up Olinemen into good contributors. Deebo is at the top of his game. Aiyuk is much better than he was a few years ago. Right now, they have the look of a Super Bowl team. They just beat down their toughest competition in the NFC.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Apparently dweebo caught a total of 1 air yard in the game. It sickens me how they can use screens all game and not be shut down.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame

Apparently dweebo caught a total of 1 air yard in the game. It sickens me how they can use screens all game and not be shut down.

I’m terrible on the punt - so I’m gonna put $100 on the 9ers to win the SB. Consider their chances and my money gone

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Honestly, as much as it pains me to say this, if the Whiners don't win the SB this year, they are officially cursed. They're by far the best team in the league. Ironically, I think the Rams are one of the few teams who could throw a monkey wrench in their playoff run. I think Dallas is there too.