49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
3 game losing streak…

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Burrow is returning to peak form. Bengals will make some noise this season. Can we trade for Burrow?

TXRams86

The Infamous
Definitely makes our shit day a little better.

Purdy starting to be exposed.
I all but forgot about our loss today after watching the Niners lose in epic fashion. Purdy threw 2 (should have been 3) interceptions, was gifted a roughing the passer call then fumbles immediately after. Lol, Rat Face really convinced people he was better than Jimmy G. Looks exactly like that loser.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lol, whiner fans crack me up. I remember when they had Jimmy GQ in the Hall of Fame after a 5 game win streak at the end of his first season with them. Even had memes with his face in place of Jesus as the savior. By the end of the NFCCG game with the Rams they just wanted him gone. They didn't care who would replace him.

We were starting to see the same with Purdy. "We got the next Joe Montana!" "No, like Tom Brady! A Late round pick is now our franchise quarterback!"

Now the support for him is starting to show cracks. You got some of them saying the season is over. Darnold should start. I wonder how long before they start saying "I just want Purdy gone! I don't care who replaces him!" :laugh3:

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Lol, whiner fans crack me up. I remember when they had Jimmy GQ in the Hall of Fame after a 5 game win streak at the end of his first season with them. Even had memes with his face in place of Jesus as the savior. By the end of the NFCCG game with the Rams they just wanted him gone. They didn't care who would replace him.

We were starting to see the same with Purdy. "We got the next Joe Montana!" "No, like Tom Brady! A Late round pick is now our franchise quarterback!"

Now the support for him is starting to show cracks. You got some of them saying the season is over. Darnold should start. I wonder how long before they start saying "I just want Purdy gone! I don't care who replaces him!" :laugh3:
The life of a fair-weather, casual fan lol 9ers fans are worst at this

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

I've been saying since last season that Purdy is a younger version of Jimmy G. He can win with a strong defense and running game. He throws a lot of passes around the line of scrimmage and counts on CMC and dweebo to get YAC. If a defense stops that, they have struggles.

Isn't it ironic that both the Vikings and Bengal's coaches are McVay disciples? I wish McVay would figure out how to dismantle the whiners. Thanks goodness he did it in the NFCCG.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I've been saying since last season that Purdy is a younger version of Jimmy G. He can win with a strong defense and running game. He throws a lot of passes around the line of scrimmage and counts on CMC and dweebo to get YAC. If a defense stops that, they have struggles.

Isn't it ironic that both the Vikings and Bengal's coaches are McVay disciples? I wish McVay would figure out how to dismantle the whiners. Thanks goodness he did it in the NFCCG.
I think it was actually Brian Flores who figured Purdy out. He was a Belichick disciple and used the same defense against the Niners that Belichick did vs the Rams in the 2018-19 Superbowl. I guess the first to use it was Matt Patricia with the Lions. On a PFF podcast they said that Flores saw similar traits in Purdy as they did in Goff a few years ago.

Anarumo just had to copy and paste.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Since every team has seen what defense can beat Purdy and Shanahan, every team will try to do the same. (6 Dlinemen and take away the middle throws.)

What will be interesting is if Kyle comes up with a way to counter it. McVay never really did.

It will also be interesting to see if McVay and Morris attempt the same defensive tactic versus the 49ers the next time they meet. I doubt they do, because McVay has been proven to be a stubborn SOB when it comes to making changes to his system.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Go Jags. Beat those fucks down.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Interesting how both the JAGS and the 9r's are both on their bye week, right now....
I guess they did not get the Rams scheduling algorithm....

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The suddenly stumbling 49’ers play the Jaguars (6-2), Seahawks (5-2) and Eagles (7-1) in their next four games.

Big test for Purdy.

Good read:

I really hope the Eagles put the whiners down because that could be for home field in the playoffs. The whiners defense looks like they are good, but not as good as in past years.

Plus the whiners spent a lot of draft picks and cash to make a run this year.

I'm not sure about this, but next season would be Purdy's 3rd. Since he wasn't a 1st rounder, there is no automatic 5th year extension as an option or am I mistaken about that?