49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Greg Papa, radio voice of the 9er’s on a local talk show said Purdy had difficulty gripping the ball in the rain yesterday. Might see him wear gloves in future weather games. Evidently he has smallish hands.
That's what she said !
I was just going to communicate, "You know what they say about small hands."

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame

100 percent a flag. You could see that the 69ers aren’t a cohesive team under adversity. They are more than happy to gloat and goad the other teams when things are going their way but fell apart when the pressure was on. Thats a recipe for a late season choke right there…

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

I've seen that called many times. It doesn't have to be helmet to helmet. Laying the wood on a defenseless receiver who is not in a position for brace for it is an illegal hit. Simple as that. Its always about player safety. The defender didn't have to try and knock the guy out of the game to achieve his goal. Unless that goal was to knock him out of the game. Considering its the 49ers that is entirely possible.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter
I've seen that called many times. It doesn't have to be helmet to helmet. Laying the wood on a defenseless receiver who is not in a position for brace for it is an illegal hit. Simple as that. Its always about player safety. The defender didn't have to try and knock the guy out of the game to achieve his goal. Unless that goal was to knock him out of the game. Considering its the 49ers that is entirely possible.
A lot of people might point to Nick Scott's hit on Deebo in the NFC Championship game being a penalty but the main difference I see is that Gipson left his feet to make the hit where Scott did not.

Tano

Legend
A lot of people might point to Nick Scott's hit on Deebo in the NFC Championship game being a penalty but the main difference I see is that Gipson left his feet to make the hit where Scott did not.
In addition, Gibson had his shoulder hit Moore in the helmet. That is a penalty all the time.

You can't hit people in the head - period.

Nick Scott never hit Deebo's head with any of his body parts (that doesn't sound right but oh well).

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
In addition, Gibson had his shoulder hit Moore in the helmet. That is a penalty all the time.

You can't hit people in the head - period.

Nick Scott never hit Deebo's head with any of his body parts (that doesn't sound right but oh well).
It is frustrating how many announcers are 49er lovers. Clear penalty, frustrating to listen to a 49er fan whose being paid to be the game announcer.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I’m not so sure it was a penalty so much as it was a call based on reputation. Shoulder to shoulder is not a penalty unless the defender launches himself with a degree of intent.
THATS where the reputation comes in. Just like their old crosstown buddies, the raiders in the ‘70s, dirty play begets no benefit of the doubt.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Greg Papa, radio voice of the 9er’s on a local talk show said Purdy had difficulty gripping the ball in the rain yesterday. Might see him wear gloves in future weather games. Evidently he has smallish hands.
Boy shits his pants when the rush starts getting to him. He's gonna see defenses that are good enough to make him hold the ball in the playoffs so I'm confident SF will choke on a fat chode as per usual when the chips are down.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I’m not so sure it was a penalty so much as it was a call based on reputation. Shoulder to shoulder is not a penalty unless the defender launches himself with a degree of intent.
THATS where the reputation comes in. Just like their old crosstown buddies, the raiders in the ‘70s, dirty play begets no benefit of the doubt.
49ers do have some dirty players.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Niners piling up injuries.

Trent Williams and Mcaffey banged up.

Dweebo out with Shoulder. Greenlaw out.

Purdy don’t look Purdy.

LOL, it wasn't but 10 days ago when I wished for this!!! LOL.

1697602417154.png

oldnotdead

Legend
What makes it a penalty is the intent is very clear. The play was over but he laid the receiver out intentionally. He knew the receiver didn't have the ball. Just typical dirty 49er play when they are getting beat.

sloramfan

Starter
that was a BS call fellow rams fans... and the replay shows it..

no one ... and i mean no one, hates the 49r's more than i do...

he wasn't targeting with the helmet..he didn't make contact with the receivers head..

it was shoulderpad to shoulderpad....

go rams

slo

oldnotdead

Legend
There doesn't have to be head contact to be roughing. The receiver didn't have the ball, the play was essentially dead but the DB intentionally laid him out. He could have backed off but didn't. He made forcible contact with a player who didn't have the ball, after the pass was incomplete.

Tano

Legend
that was a BS call fellow rams fans... and the replay shows it..

no one ... and i mean no one, hates the 49r's more than i do...

he wasn't targeting with the helmet..he didn't make contact with the receivers head..

it was shoulderpad to shoulderpad....

go rams

slo
What are you talking about. His arm and some of his shoulder is hitting his head as shown in this picture
1697633524031.png

1697633413322.png

Attachments

• 1697633462376.png
    1697633462376.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 41