49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
12m over the cap next year.

Key FAs over the next 2 seasons:
Gipson-S
Hufanga- S
Leonor -CB
Ward-CB
Kinlaw -DT
Armstead -DT
Greenlaw-LB
Oliver-NB
Jennings-WR
Aiyuk- WR
Mitchell- RB (backup)
Banks-G

They can’t Keep them all with the Dweebo, McCaffrey, Bozo, Kittle, TWilliams, Warner contracts. And while the do have Purdy on rookie contract if he continues to excel they’ll have to pay him more in 2025 for sure.

Unfortunately, I don't think the Niners are in that bad a shape in 2024.

That '$12M OVER the cap next year' reflects Randy Gregory's $14M cap hit. However, none of Gregory's 2024 comp is guaranteed. The 49ers can cut him and get $14M of cap relief ... and, that puts them under the cap.

Also took a quick look at their 2024 free agents. Some decent veteran starters and a few solid depth guys but don't see any top-tier starters up for significant deals.

They will need to create some cap space but most of the players with large cap numbers are young enough that there should be some opportunities to restructure contracts to create long-term cap space.

I did count eight current starters that will be unrestricted free agents in 2025.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
12m over the cap next year.

Key FAs over the next 2 seasons:
Gipson-S
Hufanga- S
Leonor -CB
Ward-CB
Kinlaw -DT
Armstead -DT
Greenlaw-LB
Oliver-NB
Jennings-WR
Aiyuk- WR
Mitchell- RB (backup)
Banks-G

They can’t Keep them all with the Dweebo, McCaffrey, Bozo, Kittle, TWilliams, Warner contracts. And while the do have Purdy on rookie contract if he continues to excel they’ll have to pay him more in 2025 for sure.
If they win the Super Bowl I expect Trent Williams to retire. He talks about it every year.

The last time they had some cap issues they traded Buckner. I wish they were in cap hell but think that they have enough key pieces to still be good.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If they win the Super Bowl

smacked slap gif GIF

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fuck them and their whiny traveling fans. I laugh when they cry about injuries the little shits.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The 49ers are clearly the best team in the league. Right now. But teams that peak this early tend to wear down later.

They're doing what good teams are supposed to do. Beat lesser teams by a lot. But when you look at their wins they haven't exactly been beating the upper echelon.

All were teams they're supposed to beat. And win easily. Dallas was very overrated. Their 3 wins were against the Giants, Jets and Patriots. 3 really bad offenses.

The league did them a solid giving them an easy early season schedule. And did not do us any favors giving us a tough early season schedule. A whole lot of games left. We'll see how long hey maintain their pace of play.

TexasRam

Legend
Niners piling up injuries.

Trent Williams and Mcaffey banged up.

Dweebo out with Shoulder. Greenlaw out.

Purdy don’t look Purdy.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Shitters got confused today and thought they were in the playoffs.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
That shit felt as good as a Rams win. I cracked open a celebratory beer. Cheers!