49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
Another high character player for the 9ers.

Broncos ultimately trade Randy Gregory to 49ers​

The Broncos were ready to cut linebacker Randy Gregory. Unless they found a trade partner, basically by today.

And they did.

The Broncos are shipping Gregory to the 49ers, per a source with knowledge of the deal.

Per NFL Media, it's the latest trade involving a player and a seventh-round pick for a sixth-round pick. This time, it's a 2024 flip-flop of selections.

It's unclear how much the 49ers will pay of the balance of Gregory's $14 million guaranteed salary. The answers should be "nearly all of it," since the Broncos would have paid nearly all of it if he had been cut and re-signed elsewhere.
69ers trying everything to stack their roster in an effort to avoid another choke out in the playoffs. My money is it won’t work. They lose McCaffrey and their offense drops like a rock. So better strategy I’d to use what they have (like E Mitchell) vs adding mid ceiling low floor players they don’t need.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Yeah. McCaffrey needs to get dinged up for us to be able to beat them. I know most of you don't wish injuries on enemy players but ....
Just think if McCaffrey was out for the season. Oh how wonderful that would be. And throw in a banged up Deebo and now we're talking! :)

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah. McCaffrey needs to get dinged up for us to be able to beat them. I know most of you don't wish injuries on enemy players but ....
Just think if McCaffrey was out for the season. Oh how wonderful that would be. And throw in a banged up Deebo and now we're talking! :)
Sorry I cannot buy into that, need to beat them at full strength and I will never wish for an injury, however, I understand tha post.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Sorry I cannot buy into that, need to beat them at full strength and I will never wish for an injury, however, I understand tha post.
Agree. Excuses are like assholes and San Fran is full of both. Want them at full strength so they can't excuse it away like their 2022 NFCC game beatdown by Philly.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

I don't care. After the whiners made it personal with the SOSAR Rams comments with Norton Jr, Haley, Merton Hanks with his chicken dance and others, F them. I only watch their games now hoping key players will get roughed up. Especially when they have thugs trying to hurt other players with late hits and hits out of bounds.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Agree. Excuses are like assholes and San Fran is full of both. Want them at full strength so they can't excuse it away like their 2022 NFCC game beatdown by Philly.

I know many whiner fans and they cry that their QB got injured in the NFCCG. My response?

Your #1 defense gave up 31 points to the Eagles and you think the QB was the problem?

Oh, and that #1 defense also gave up 31 points against the chefs (in the super bowl) when they blew a 10 point 4th quarter lead.

Oddly enough, I don't have hatred for Purdy or Kittle. Purdy seems like a good kid who looks like he can play (unfortunately), and Kittle, after the loss in the NFCCG, just appeared to wish the Rams well and left the field.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
I know many whiner fans and they cry that their QB got injured in the NFCCG. My response?

Your #1 defense gave up 31 points to the Eagles and you think the QB was the problem?

Oh, and that #1 defense also gave up 31 points against the chefs (in the super bowl) when they blew a 10 point 4th quarter lead.

Oddly enough, I don't have hatred for Purdy or Kittle. Purdy seems like a good kid who looks like he can play (unfortunately), and Kittle, after the loss in the NFCCG, just appeared to wish the Rams well and left the field.
I appreciate what Purdy has done even if he is a dirty 69er! Other than Purdy I don’t hate their kicker (yet) but I hate everyone else on that team.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The niners are peaking way too soon this season. Sooner or later, it will all come crashing down.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Like I said, I don't care how many games they win. Or how far they go. As long as their season ends with a loss at some point I'm good with it.

Name
Brandon
Hate to admit it but My guess is the crash will occur next year when they cannot pay everybody.
Sounds like they plan to roll over their league-high cap space from ‘23 to ‘24…. Not sure who you think they can’t pay

dang

Legend
Sounds like they plan to roll over their league-high cap space from ‘23 to ‘24…. Not sure who you think they can’t pay
12m over the cap next year.

Key FAs over the next 2 seasons:
Gipson-S
Hufanga- S
Leonor -CB
Ward-CB
Kinlaw -DT
Armstead -DT
Greenlaw-LB
Oliver-NB
Jennings-WR
Aiyuk- WR
Mitchell- RB (backup)
Banks-G

They can’t Keep them all with the Dweebo, McCaffrey, Bozo, Kittle, TWilliams, Warner contracts. And while the do have Purdy on rookie contract if he continues to excel they’ll have to pay him more in 2025 for sure.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
12m over the cap next year.

Key FAs over the next 2 seasons:
Gipson-S
Hufanga- S
Leonor -CB
Ward-CB
Kinlaw -DT
Armstead -DT
Greenlaw-LB
Oliver-NB
Jennings-WR
Aiyuk- WR
Mitchell- RB (backup)
Banks-G

They can’t Keep them all with the Dweebo, McCaffrey, Bozo, Kittle, TWilliams, Warner contracts. And while the do have Purdy on rookie contract if he continues to excel they’ll have to pay him more in 2025 for sure.

Yeah - how does that work ? At what point will PURDY get PAID ?

Talk about holding out!!! If at any point he wants to feel entitled or deserving? That would put so much pressure on the NINER’s.
Sam Darnold is only signed for 1 season.IMO Purdy has EARNED a Big Pay Day!!! If you look at the structure of The NFL,the salary cap is that much better than in the Sam Bradford days.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My point is a player like this guy.

He died before he actually ever got PAID!! Went to OTA’s & was going to be a starter for E.James & Peyton Manning.Was a 3rd rd pick & think only got $5,000.(family).
Purdy’s arm getting hit & arm could have been career ending.