49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Put me in coach! Well being an Angel (Rams) Fan & Sports.I’ve been in the closet at times enjoying Greatness.This Bailey kid is fun to watch & I like him better than Will I ain’t pretty Boy Smith.
You can do have your Freddie Freedom.We know who The most powerful First Baseman is in The Major Leagues this year if not for Alonzo.The Angels have a Great duo guy that plays both sides of the field since the Giants were in NY.
I just wish The Angels would have traded him.This offseason see if any MLB team wants to go Trout Fishing.
I guess I like The Rams roster & the fountain of youth.For some reason this TE group excites me.
I question how straight Hunter Long is & like the size of Davies Allen.Brycen Hopkins gets me hard thinking about how great of a season he might have, & Higbee’s maturity having a baby momma he is going to Marry just shows me the seriousness of it ALL.
No joke !! The Rams have 7 TE’s & I thought Niko was going to be playing again the Chargers.
—I can see why some Ya-Whoo says The Rams TE group is not good.
FREAKING BRUSS!! Whatever I actually can’t concentrate on baseball to long.Was hoping watching the young guys play
For The Angels & seeing some nice call ups.

-Truth is being the Draftnik I was & the Angels bringing back the player they draft 23 instead of drafting Trout first might have been a money thing or just bad scouting?? Either way it’s pop it right back in there Face of all the mistakes they have made.
— I like to think I know better,have to say I like Perry & his creativity as a GM! Ugly dude though. His got a catchers glove mouth for all those guys that like that.
That’s not my cup of Tea,but Boston(Fenway) & Chicago(Wrigley) are on my bucket list.
Makes sense that this is a Giants fan, b/c I cant understand anything he writes....

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Makes sense that this is a Giants fan, b/c I cant understand anything he writes....
Yep, best I can figure is that So Ram was very active during his high school years, but I think we can all agree that the sniffing the battery acid while kinda funny at the moment didn't turn out so well.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So… why can’t the Rams make a play for Bosa?

I mentioned this prior to the Draft. Construct the contract any way it takes, but get him! ...

Signing Bosa puts the Rams right back in the SB.

Confused here. Rams can't make a contract offer. Bosa is not a free agent.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They'd have to give up enough picks for the 49ers to recoup the Lance fiasco. Better to let them pay Bosa and be in cap hell when the window starts to close in a year or two. Without a decent quarterback.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
They'd have to give up enough picks for the 49ers to recoup the Lance fiasco. Better to let them pay Bosa and be in cap hell when the window starts to close in a year or two. Without a decent quarterback.
Yeah but that's a trade.

The poster I responded to seemed to suggest the Rams could construct a contract offer that the Niners would not be able to match. My point is that Bosa is not a free agent.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Yeah but that's a trade.

The poster I responded to seemed to suggest the Rams could construct a contract offer that the Niners would not be able to match. My point is that Bosa is not a free agent.
Yup. He isn't available as he's still under his rookie contract. I don't know what the rules are if he sits this year. He's scheduled to be a free agent next year. Does sitting out change that? If not, I think he'd do better to sit and wait for the big payday next year.

Spotrac has his market value at $114 million over 4 years. My guess is he'd get more on the open market. Unless the 49ers give in and pay him what he wants. Either way I'm fine with. He sits they lose their best pass rusher. He signs it starts to put them in the same situation we are. But they still don't have a high end quarterback like we do.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yup. He isn't available as he's still under his rookie contract. I don't know what the rules are if he sits this year. He's scheduled to be a free agent next year. Does sitting out change that? If not, I think he'd do better to sit and wait for the big payday next year.
Don’t think that works.

If a player under contract (Niners picked up Bosa’s 5th year option, so he’s under contract for 2023) sits out the year, I don’t believe he gets credit for an accrued season.

Bosa would be in the same position 12 months from now.

Even if he plays this year under the exercised 5th year option, the Niners can simply apply the Franchise Tag for 2024.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Don’t think that works.

If a player under contract (Niners picked up Bosa’s 5th year option, so he’s under contract for 2023) sits out the year, I don’t believe he gets credit for an accrued season.

Bosa would be in the same position 12 months from now.

Even if he plays this year under the exercised 5th year option, the Niners can simply apply the Franchise Tag for 2024.
I wasn't sure how that would work. But it makes sense not to reward a guy for sitting out a season. If the 49ers want to play hardball they can own his rights for a few more years with a second franchise tag. But would they want an unhappy star player on the field and in the locker room?

My guess is they will give in and pay him. Which helps them this year. But a year or two down the road? Like with us the bill will be due. They paid Deebo and his numbers were half in 2022 what they were the year before. Is he already wearing down? He's a receiver but they play him like a running back. Either handing off or short passes with him getting hit like a running back trying make more yards.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well Dodger Fans are whiners,so it’s a perfect thread to post here.
-Might call it a little jealousy,but never such big tears & whining after they got beat by the Padres.
I thought man they make Debo look hard.At least he did it in the moment.Had to stop listening to local sports radio for weeks.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Well Dodger Fans are whiners,so it’s a perfect thread to post here.
-Might call it a little jealousy,but never such big tears & whining after they got beat by the Padres.
I thought man they make Debo look hard.At least he did it in the moment.Had to stop listening to local sports radio for weeks.
Yeah how is the Padres team working out this season.....night and day between a successful organization like the storied Dodgers and the putrid organization like SD.....

oldnotdead

Legend
The Ram locker room got rid of Marcus Peters and NRC, because the locker room didn't need divas. The Ram locker room is a diva free zone, and needs to stay that way.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Never a Bosa or Ohio State fan. Wish Fuller health & a good 2023. Last thing I want is as NINER’s player.Next thing we’ll know is you want Debo.

To each his own.
WHOAH, take it down a notch. I hate the 9ers as much as the next lifetime fan, but bosa is a star player and it would cripple the 9ers, closing their perceived window. There are no other 9ers I’d consider. The goal is to bury the 9ers. This would do it.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I’m also a bit confused!

I was hoping he’d play out his option and walk away mad. The Rams will have cap room next year. That’s what I was “selling” during the offseason.

After reading your exchanges re bosa holding out and sitting all year…does he qualify as a FA the Rams can still snag? The responses seem varied.

Then there’s the pesky franchise tag. A player can still be lost, but it would require (probably in this case) 1rst round draft capital, right?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I do not know what's worse

Whiner and Dodger fan or Giants and Ram fan

What the hell?

Easy: a Jayhags fan, a Cheatriots fan, a Flubs fan, and a Blackcocks fan.