LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Welcome to all the new "HORNS" in the house! Glad to see Larv has joined us. GO BIG RED! And Dida, I'm coming to London in May to try and get an early RAMS TAILGATE going!!! You guys have arrived in Rams Utopia thanks to a few good men here. X leads that pack but has some good support. Enjoy!

had

Rookie
Introduce Yourself

Hey everybody (Harry Carey Will Ferrell style),

I post from time to time at the Post Dispatch website. Not sure anyone will recognize my handle. Don't post very often. I know who St Louis Rams X is from the Dispatch site, and recognize other handles on here. It looks like a good site.

My name is Paul. I live in LA. Rams fan since 76. I was 11 years old when the Rams lost the Super Bowl to the Steelers. I remember being so nervous that I had to run around the block during that game, and I passed this house and heard mass screaming, ran back home, and found I'd missed a big Wendell Tyler run.

These days when I watch Rams games I just kind of stew in a pit of nausea.

I'm signing up today because I saw those excellent video posts that X posted with Michael Irvin and Justin Blackmon. At least I thought they were excellent. Irvin is articulate/savvy/cagey, and I thought those were great.

I'm also signing up because of that thread with Jason Smith. It's good to hear that he's healthy and back out there giving it a try. I think, from hearing what he has to say, that he's too much inside his own head. Something seems to be holding him back. Fear maybe. I don't want to be a downer, but I do not hold out much hope that Smith will suddenly loosen up and get smooth. But it would be fantastic if he did.

Not much to offer, I know. :)

I'll be around from time to time and look forward to talking about the Rams.

Cheers.

Lesson

Oh, really?
had said:

I post from time to time at the Post Dispatch website. Not sure anyone will recognize my handle. Don't post very often. I know who St Louis Rams X is from the Dispatch site, and recognize other handles on here. It looks like a good site.

My name is Paul. I live in LA. Rams fan since 76. I was 11 years old when the Rams lost the Super Bowl to the Steelers. I remember being so nervous that I had to run around the block during that game, and I passed this house and heard mass screaming, ran back home, and found I'd missed a big Wendell Tyler run.

I'm signing up today because I saw those excellent video posts that X posted with Michael Irvin and Justin Blackmon. At least I thought they were excellent. Irvin is articulate/savvy/cagey, and I thought those were great.

I'm also signing up because of that thread with Jason Smith. It's good to hear that he's healthy and back out there giving it a try. I think, from hearing what he has to say, that he's too much inside his own head. Something seems to be holding him back. Fear maybe. I don't want to be a downer, but I do not hold out much hope that Smith will suddenly loosen up and get smooth. But it would be fantastic if he did.

Cheers.

Welcome aboard! If you need any help with anything, feel free to PM me or any other mods if you have any questions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
had said:

Cheers.
Well that's just a great post. From making me hear Will Ferrell doing Harry Carey all the way down to a respectful analysis of Jason Smith. Just top notch. Yes, I recognize you from the PDump too - and the fact that your name is Paul is icing on the cake. There is simply no better name.

Really glad to have you aboard, and I hope you stick around.

Need anything, let me know.

:nice:

had

Rookie
Lesson and X,

Thank you for the kind welcomes.

X, I see your name is Paul. I have nothing clever to add. It doesn't seem to be a very popular name in the NFL.

When I asked my mom about the name, I kid you not, she said she liked the name from a DH Lawrence novel she read. Yeah. Not so good.

Take it easy.

Speeps

Starter
Hey Rams fan.

I'm Speeps, real name Marco. I've been looking for a Rams forum to chat with eager Rams fan like myself. Hopefully I have finally found it.

My favorite Rams player is Sam B, and have been a Rams fan since 2003. (Approaching my 10th anniversary as a Rams fan woot! woot!). Although I've only been a Rams fan for 9 years, I have done my homework on their history and have seen a lot of their old games.

I'm looking forward to having fun on this site.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Welcome to the forum! In terms of places to chat to Rams fans, this is the best place, if I do say so myself. If you need anything of course feel free to PM myself or any of the other mods (our names are in blue) and we can help you out.

Looking forward to seeing you around more, it's an exciting time with the draft coming up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Speeps said:
Hey Rams fan.

I'm Speeps, real name Marco. I've been looking for a Rams forum to chat with eager Rams fan like myself. Hopefully I have finally found it.

My favorite Rams player is Sam B, and have been a Rams fan since 2003. (Approaching my 10th anniversary as a Rams fan woot! woot!). Although I've only been a Rams fan for 9 years, I have done my homework on their history and have seen a lot of their old games.

I'm looking forward to having fun on this site.
Welcome to the big leagues. Sure, there are other sites out there, but none are as epic as this one. I think you'll find this to be a pretty chill site where everyone shares their enthusiasm and love of the Rams. Hope you can join us on draft day (Thurs) in the chat room. We also congregate there during the games for live chat.

If you need anything, let one of the blue dudes know. :lol:

Speeps

Starter
Cool. I'll be joining you guys on Thursday. Looking forward to being here. The members seem pretty chill. Lots of multimedia content too.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Guess it's time to intro myself.
Ht: 6' 1/2"
Wt: 220
Hobbies : Football, coaching wrestling,politics,Harley rider
Education: degrees in Acct. Econ,Psych, MBA
Ethnicity: Norwegian/German
Screen name :Thordaddy ( actually have a son named Thor 19 who I brag on a lot ,district wrestling champion last year 189 which was his first year he could beat dad) 1 other son 17 who I brag on more ,daughter 34 two grand children (6 year old grandson can tell you every Cardinal player ,pos. and batting average) his mother works in Cardinal Care as a volunteer and will get a WS ring for her efforts.

Old enough to remember the first football team to relocate to the Lou ,saw not just the Beatles on Ed Sullivan, but Elvis his first time,remember the "Day the music died",when JFK was shot, M L King,Bobby,John Glenn in space "Danger Will Robinson",James Brown on the Lloyd Paxton Show,the Adventures of Spin and Marty,"Annette" as a Mouseketeer,Woodstock ( Richie Havens "Freedom" "Here Comes the Sun")
Got lost in "Sportsman's Park" so the ushers took me to the announcer on the field who told me "if your folks don't come by game time you can watch the game with me" it was Harry Carey

Son of retired Army Major ( has a military facility named in his honor) and WWII Army nurse,dad was first Dem. mayor of my home town since Civil War.

Proud of my family before and after me ,I try to live up to them.

Came here to post because I liked the ambience of mutual respect demanded by the mods.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
Guess it's time to intro myself.
Ht: 6' 1/2"
Wt: 220
Hobbies : Football, coaching wrestling,politics,Harley rider
Education: degrees in Acct. Econ,Psych, MBA
Ethnicity: Norwegian/German
Screen name :Thordaddy ( actually have a son named Thor 19 who I brag on a lot ,district wrestling champion last year 189 which was his first year he could beat dad) 1 other son 17 who I brag on more ,daughter 34 two grand children (6 year old grandson can tell you every Cardinal player ,pos. and batting average) his mother works in Cardinal Care as a volunteer and will get a WS ring for her efforts.

Old enough to remember the first football team to relocate to the Lou ,saw not just the Beatles on Ed Sullivan, but Elvis his first time,remember the "Day the music died",when JFK was shot, M L King,Bobby,John Glenn in space "Danger Will Robinson",James Brown on the Lloyd Paxton Show,the Adventures of Spin and Marty,"Annette" as a Mouseketeer,Woodstock ( Richie Havens "Freedom" "Here Comes the Sun")
Got lost in "Sportsman's Park" so the ushers took me to the announcer on the field who told me "if your folks don't come by game time you can watch the game with me" it was Harry Carey

Son of retired Army Major ( has a military facility named in his honor) and WWII Army nurse,dad was first Dem. mayor of my home town since Civil War.

Proud of my family before and after me ,I try to live up to them.

Came here to post because I liked the ambience of mutual respect demanded by the mods.
Thanks, TDaddy. I now know more about you than I did from the Huddle (and that was considerable).

But...... you forgot to post your 40 time and your 3-cone.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
You want that 40 time in days or weeks?
I can eat three ice cream cones in fiteen minutes any faster my brain freezes and the LSD from the sixties kicks in and that color bar in the right hand margin becomes just too much fun.
Did I mention Tommy Moe is a cousin?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Tommy Moe the skier? No, you didn't mention that. Cool beans.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Tommy Moe the skier? No, you didn't mention that. Cool beans.

Yup on my mother's side, she's a Moe. Got another cuz on that side she is still skiing at 78 YOA I do too but not at his level all "blues" can't do the moguls anymore,never really could, downhiller like Tommy.

tbux

Rookie
Howdy all- new here and hopefully can add some good discussion to this forum. Generally a glass half full type- Live in tampa but have been a Rams fan since I can remember- from the keys initially where you love or hate the Dolphins- hated them- started watching football late 70's- Ferragamo and co swayed me in- ED era was awesome to watch- he simply glided- and have been a fan since. Anyways I am optimistic in our teams future. Should be much better this year for sure- and with 4 1st rd picks next 2 years- we should be solid for the forseeable future! loving it!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
tbux said:
Howdy all- new here and hopefully can add some good discussion to this forum. Generally a glass half full type- Live in tampa but have been a Rams fan since I can remember- from the keys initially where you love or hate the Dolphins- hated them- started watching football late 70's- Ferragamo and co swayed me in- ED era was awesome to watch- he simply glided- and have been a fan since. Anyways I am optimistic in our teams future. Should be much better this year for sure- and with 4 1st rd picks next 2 years- we should be solid for the forseeable future! loving it!

Hey Tbux - good to see you here but get ready to fill your glass the rest of the way. :7up:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wow, T. You and Selassie sound like twins separated at birth!

He and I are still down here, and I absolutely hate the Dolphins too.

Thanks for registering. It's good to have another one of those "homers" on board; certainly can't have too many of those. That's my motto, anyway. Well, that and, "You're never too old to learn something stupid."

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
What Up tbux ....

I'm glad to see you purposely did not capitalize the "t" in tampa. You did that consciously I know. Right?

If not, I'm going to continue to view you as a buc fan... t-bux.
:pokeu:

tbux

Rookie
selassie for those on here who dont know me- TBUX has ZERO to do with Tampa- it is my first initial and first 3 letters of my last name. I do root for the Bucs- I have lived here for many years now- but my heart will always belong to my Rams- cant get past that. same with the Reds- but I do pull for the Rays 2nd.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
tbux said:
selassie for those on here who dont know me- TBUX has ZERO to do with Tampa- it is my first initial and first 3 letters of my last name. I do root for the Bucs- I have lived here for many years now- but my heart will always belong to my Rams- cant get past that. same with the Reds- but I do pull for the Rays 2nd.
Well, you've officially had your balls broken. Now you're one of us.

... there is no escape.