LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
OUSamFan said:
I grew up in Oklahoma and graduated from OU. I now live in Dallas. I've been a fan of OU since the early Bud Wilkinson years. I became a big fan of Sam Bradford while he was at OU, not just because of his football skills and competitive nature, but for the high quality of his character. Like much of the rest of the nation, I was also a Greatest Show on Turf fan, not only because of the high quality of play and the entertainment value of the team, but also because of the high character of Kurt Warner. I thought the Rams were a good landing spot for Sam, because, although they had a really bad record last year, they had the foundation of a good, young team, that with a few good pieces could rapidly become a contender, and that Sam was one of those important pieces. Especially with train wreck the local Dallas Cowboys have been this year, it has been a joy to watch the Rams and Sam grow and win. It is a shame that Dr. Seuss is not still alive. I'm sure he could create a good kid's book about Sam the Ram.
Welcome aboard, bud. Glad to have another Disciple of Sam on this forum.

I grew up in TX and now live in NC. Grew up in a Steelers family, but never really took to that team. I've been trying to find a team that is up and coming. I love the where the Rams are headed with Sam the man. He's going to be a great one. Big Steven Jackson fan. I've already started work on my Rams mancave with several helmets(best in the league) and jerseys. Looking forward to making it to a home game. I'm looking forward to good things from the Rams!!

superfan24

Starter
GoldenRam10 said:
I grew up in TX and now live in NC. Grew up in a Steelers family, but never really took to that team. I've been trying to find a team that is up and coming. I love the where the Rams are headed with Sam the man. He's going to be a great one. Big Steven Jackson fan. I've already started work on my Rams mancave with several helmets(best in the league) and jerseys. Looking forward to making it to a home game. I'm looking forward to good things from the Rams!!

Welcome aboard, you will love here on this forum.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
superfan24 said:
GoldenRam10 said:

Welcome aboard, you will love here on this forum.
Ditto. Thanks for signing on, and enjoy the ride!

Anonymous

Thank you for the invite. This is a well appointed and well-designed board. Well adminned, too, looks like.

Intro. I don't discuss my job...it's a rule I have, so I'm afraid people have to bear with when it comes to that. :cool: I was born in Manitoba, went to high school in Indiana :x and college in St.Louis; also lived in Chicago in those years...since then, have lived in So. Cal (in the 70s, when I started following the Rams), and then Chicago again, Louisiana, and now Maine. Been in Maine for a long time now (more than a dozen years) and it's home. I appreciate Rams boards cause I am in Patz territory up here. :what: I have many buddies on this board already it looks like.

Go Rams.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn2010 said:
zn2010. Thank you for the invite. This is a well appointed and well-designed board. Well adminned, too, looks like.

Intro. I don't discuss my job...it's a rule I have. So people have to bear with when it comes to that. I was born in Manitoba, went to high school in Indiana :x and college in St.Louis; also lived in Chicago in those years...since then, lived in So. Cal (in the 70s, when I started following the Rams), and then Chicago again, Louisiana, and now Maine. Been in Maine for a long time now (more than a dozen years) and it's home. I have many buddies on this board already it looks like.

Go Rams.
Glad you could make it. Obviously nobody has to be real defensive on this board (unlike RamStalk) - as we're all pretty much torn from the same cloth. Hope people get the chance to understand you a little better over here.

Now I just have to see if your bud phxram has overcome his registration inadequacies. :razzed:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
superfan24 said:
Keep an open mind...

We need differing views here, and we all know zn is typically on the opposite side of the spectrum.
However, we've seen eye to eye on a few things lately (once I understood he's just WICKED sarcastic sometimes). :pokeu:

PhxRam

Okay after watching my beloved Lakers lose their 4th straight game :amped: :amped: I can introduce myself.

My name is Bob. I grew up in NY and then moved to Arizona around 1995. I am a die hard Rams, Lakers, and Dodgers fan.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
Okay after watching my beloved Lakers lose their 4th straight game :amped: :amped: I can introduce myself.

My name is Bob. I grew up in NY and then moved to Arizona around 1995. I am a die hard Rams, Lakers, and Dodgers fan.
And......... ? What else do you do, Bob? Any interesting hobbies? Are ya any good with video equipment?
:pokeu:

Oh, hey! Are you going to the game since you live in AZ?

PhxRam

StlouisramsX said:
PhxRam said:

And......... ? What else do you do, Bob? Any interesting hobbies? Are ya any good with video equipment?
:pokeu:

Oh, hey! Are you going to the game since you live in AZ?

I am not sure if I will be going to the game or not. For some unknown reason all of my buddies have lost interest in this season. :lmao:

joeybittick

Rookie
zn2010 said:
Thank you for the invite. This is a well appointed and well-designed board. Well adminned, too, looks like.

Intro. I don't discuss my job...it's a rule I have, so I'm afraid people have to bear with when it comes to that. :cool: I was born in Manitoba, went to high school in Indiana :x and college in St.Louis; also lived in Chicago in those years...since then, have lived in So. Cal (in the 70s, when I started following the Rams), and then Chicago again, Louisiana, and now Maine. Been in Maine for a long time now (more than a dozen years) and it's home. I appreciate Rams boards cause I am in Patz territory up here. :what: I have many buddies on this board already it looks like.

Go Rams.

Hey man, welcome to ROD. I hope you enjoy it here. X has done a great job of making this place a safe-haven for Rams fan. You wont have to deal with the trolling and bashing and all that shit here. Plus, as you may have noticed, you can type the word "shit" and if you have your profanity filter off you can actually read it :sly: . Its a small thing I know, but I am a simple guy.

I am sure X has told you, but nothing is really considered OT here, but if it isn't at least loosely Rams related, the OT forum is a nice feature IMO.

Anyways, I am a mod on the site, so if you need anything and can't get ahold of X feel free to PM me or whatever. I hope you enjoy man, this site really is a great one.

Oh, and P.S. We also have a blog. I know that you are really good with stats so you may appreciate FMulder's Offensive and Defensive Benchmarks articles on there. He writes them every few weeks. Here are the links to the newest ones if you haven't already seen them. (<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/blog/2010/11/st-louis-rams-2010-offensive-benchmarks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">blog/2010/11/st-louis-rams-2010-offensive-benchmarks/</a>) (<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/blog/2010/11/2010-defensive-benchmarks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">blog/2010/11/2010-defensive-benchmarks/</a>)

joeybittick

Rookie
PhxRam said:

Hey man, good to have you (even though I still haven't gotten over that ass-kicking your Dodgers handed the Cards a while back :nono: its still good to have you aboard :sly: ).

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well I must say,,, I'm somewhat surprised to see ZN and his bud Phx... not disappointed understand, just a little surprised.

I enjoy reading thoughts from ALL Ram Fans, especially if I don't agree with the opinions. I look forward to the participation from both of you guys. The education and entertainment value of R.O.D. will undoubtedly increase because of it.

ZN, I see you joined almost a month ago... what are you waiting for?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
Well I must say,,, I'm somewhat surprised to see ZN and his bud Phx... not disappointed understand, just a little surprised.

I enjoy reading thoughts from ALL Ram Fans, especially if I don't agree with the opinions. I look forward to the participation from both of you guys. The education and entertainment value of R.O.D. will undoubtedly increase because of it.

He and Phx joined a month ago, but for some odd reason they never got back a confirmation email (automatically generated from this board). I found that out after a conversation with them on their board. In fact, I found about a dozen people who didn't get that confirmation email, so I manually sent them all through.

They just got those yesterday.

joeybittick

Rookie
StlouisramsX said:
Selassie I said:

He and Phx joined a month ago, but for some odd reason they never got back a confirmation email (automatically generated from this board). I found that out after a conversation with them on their board. In fact, I found about a dozen people who didn't get that confirmation email, so I manually sent them all through.

They just got those yesterday.

Oh, my bad man, I meant to tell you about that. My sister signed up a while back and didn't get a confirmation email. She only signed up cos I write for the site, so I wasn't too worried about it and it slipped my mind :oops: I was going to tell you just in case it was not an isolated incident.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Oh, should've figured that X screwed this up... LOL

And for the record, I'm not necessarily saying that I'll disagree with all of the thoughts / opinions of you new guys. I thought I should throw that out there so I don't come across the wrong way or sound like a complete dick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
joeybittick said:
Oh, my bad man, I meant to tell you about that. My sister signed up a while back and didn't get a confirmation email. She only signed up cos I write for the site, so I wasn't too worried about it and it slipped my mind :oops: I was going to tell you just in case it was not an isolated incident.
Well, she can try to log in now. I just manually activated everyone's account, so they probably didn't get any sort of email. I'm still looking into the cause of that, and it seems to be completely random. I registered a couple of new names with other email accounts I have, and I got those emails without a problem. So did the other 200+ people who registered here.

I'll try to figure it out, but I don't think it's going to be easy. Stupid forum software. :fk:

Anonymous

joeybittick said:
zn2010 said:

Go Rams.

Hey man, welcome to ROD. I hope you enjoy it here. X has done a great job of making this place a safe-haven for Rams fan. You wont have to deal with the trolling and bashing and all that shyte here. Plus, as you may have noticed, you can type the word "shyte" and if you have your profanity filter off you can actually read it :sly: . Its a small thing I know, but I am a simple guy.

I am sure X has told you, but nothing is really considered OT here, but if it isn't at least loosely Rams related, the OT forum is a nice feature IMO.

Anyways, I am a mod on the site, so if you need anything and can't get ahold of X feel free to PM me or whatever. I hope you enjoy man, this site really is a great one.

Oh, and P.S. We also have a blog. I know that you are really good with stats so you may appreciate FMulder's Offensive and Defensive Benchmarks articles on there. He writes them every few weeks. Here are the links to the newest ones if you haven't already seen them. (<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/blog/2010/11/st-louis-rams-2010-offensive-benchmarks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">blog/2010/11/st-louis-rams-2010-offensive-benchmarks/</a>) (<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/blog/2010/11/2010-defensive-benchmarks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">blog/2010/11/2010-defensive-benchmarks/</a>)

Well, it's a good site, and I've been reading it for a while. When X offered an invite to join, seemed like a good idea. I do see that it's well adminned.

So far, my contribution has been off-topic, not on the Rams: I posted some reviews of the Coen brothers remake of True Grit. Though that's kind of related right? Since this year the Rams are playing like a Spags team, with true grit. :cool:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
zn2010 said:

Go Rams.

Welcome ZN. I think you will find a different attitude over here. I think RamsTalk brings out the worst in a lot of us. I know I'm guilty of it. Here - we often disagree with each other but the posts remain much more civil.

Anyway - nice to see a bit more info about you. Looks like we lived in SoCal about the same time. Sorry to hear you have to be surrounded by Pats fans now though. :sick: