LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hey Loyal - what's good mah brothah?

Anonymous

Hello,
My name is Jack from NC. I go by "RamChop." I have been a Ram's fan since 1969. I watch them on Direct TV Sunday Ticket during the season. As much as I like the Rams, I hate the Pats, SeaHawks and 49ers in that order.

I've watched the Rams during the high points and low points over the years. Since 2005, we've been in the toilet and I'm not happy about it. I've been highly critical of the organization - even up to the present. I don't think we got the best possible value out of the last 3 drafts, especially 2009 and 2010 when we picked 2nd and 1st overall, respectively. I also think our coaching staff made many idiotic decisions and plays in the last two seasons that cost us games. The effort by the players and coaches in week 17 against the Seahawks was one of the worst I've ever seen in 42 years of fandom.

Right now I'm highly dismayed because the team has many gaping holes that have not be addressed in 3 drafts and 2 free agencies. We have no #1 WR. We have no NFL caliber OLB's. We have only one good DT, and he's 34 years old. We have three subpar OG's in Bell, Goldberg and Greco. There is no one on the roster to spell SJax. And we've got no one to replace Atog at safety with near the talent of the new Redskin.

On the positive side, we do have a potential star QB, a great RB, pretty good OT's and C. We have a plethora of #2 and #3 quality WR's and I suspect we'll have a good TE this year. We do have a Pro-Bowl calibre MLB and a couple decent DE's. Our kicker and punter are better than average.

Many people consider me to be too negative, and that's fine. But I'm interested in my team winning fb games. My philosophy is the same as the great Vince Lombardi who said; "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." Thus, I typically don't get along well with people who constantly find excuses for the Rams' poor play and losing ways. I typically refer to them as "apologists."

Thanks and happy to be aboard this fan site.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Tortoise here. Known on the other forum as King Jas. Been a Rams fan since the sixties and have followed them as both they and I have moved across the country.

I'm just a fan (and not the most sophisticated one at that), not a GM, wannabe, talent evaluator or any other type of self-proclaimed expert. I tend to read more than I post because I recognize that many on here are both more educated about football and spend more time on it than I could ever hope to.

I come here to learn more about the game itself (I played baseball), hear the latest news and share in the joy of watching and talking Rams football. For the record I like what the current regime has done so far and hope they have a chance to finish what they have started.

I chose Tortoise for my username because I believe in building (anything) slowly, carefully and with a strong foundation to last. Don't believe in quick fixes and am not strictly a bottom line type. I look forward to reading some good spirited debates without the bashing and tantrum-throwing that goes on elsewhere.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Welcome to the board, Tortoise and RamChops.

:cheese:

BLACKIELAWLESS here real name Mike.

I am a some what long time member of stltoday talking my favorite subject the Rams.This looks alot more technical then i am used to but i had to give it a try when i saw half the posters that i liked on here.Whats up 503 RRF and Stlouisramsx.

I like to root for the underdog players like Quincy Butler, Danny Amendola, and Thadeus Lewis just to name a few.I root for all but i like all my 53 to be praised the same.My favorite all time Ram is London Fletcher.Tackling machine, small but effective.Dre Bly is up there too.

Pretty easy to get along with just don't like the i've been a fan for 60 yrs so that makes me more of a fan malarky.I have only been a NFL fan for going on 17 yrs but i couldn't see myself with out the Rams.

Go Rams!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey...Blackie! Good to see you aboard. Big fan of Bly but don't be diissin us old time fans. :7up: I'm gonna pull the old time Ram fan card any time I want.

Seriously though - good to see you came over from the dark side. I think you'll like it here.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Tortoise said:
Tortoise here. Known on the other forum as King Jas. Been a Rams fan since the sixties and have followed them as both they and I have moved across the country.

I'm just a fan (and not the most sophisticated one at that), not a GM, wannabe, talent evaluator or any other type of self-proclaimed expert. I tend to read more than I post because I recognize that many on here are both more educated about football and spend more time on it than I could ever hope to.

I come here to learn more about the game itself (I played baseball), hear the latest news and share in the joy of watching and talking Rams football. For the record I like what the current regime has done so far and hope they have a chance to finish what they have started.

I chose Tortoise for my username because I believe in building (anything) slowly, carefully and with a strong foundation to last. Don't believe in quick fixes and am not strictly a bottom line type. I look forward to reading some good spirited debates without the bashing and tantrum-throwing that goes on elsewhere.

Cool beans and welcome Tortoise. Have a beer and join us.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
RamChop said:
Hello,
My name is Jack from NC. I go by "RamChop." I have been a Ram's fan since 1969. I watch them on Direct TV Sunday Ticket during the season. As much as I like the Rams, I hate the Pats, SeaHawks and 49ers in that order.

I've watched the Rams during the high points and low points over the years. Since 2005, we've been in the toilet and I'm not happy about it. I've been highly critical of the organization - even up to the present. I don't think we got the best possible value out of the last 3 drafts, especially 2009 and 2010 when we picked 2nd and 1st overall, respectively. I also think our coaching staff made many idiotic decisions and plays in the last two seasons that cost us games. The effort by the players and coaches in week 17 against the Seahawks was one of the worst I've ever seen in 42 years of fandom.

Right now I'm highly dismayed because the team has many gaping holes that have not be addressed in 3 drafts and 2 free agencies. We have no #1 WR. We have no NFL caliber OLB's. We have only one good DT, and he's 34 years old. We have three subpar OG's in Bell, Goldberg and Greco. There is no one on the roster to spell SJax. And we've got no one to replace Atog at safety with near the talent of the new Redskin.

On the positive side, we do have a potential star QB, a great RB, pretty good OT's and C. We have a plethora of #2 and #3 quality WR's and I suspect we'll have a good TE this year. We do have a Pro-Bowl calibre MLB and a couple decent DE's. Our kicker and punter are better than average.

Many people consider me to be too negative, and that's fine. But I'm interested in my team winning fb games. My philosophy is the same as the great Vince Lombardi who said; "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing." Thus, I typically don't get along well with people who constantly find excuses for the Rams' poor play and losing ways. I typically refer to them as "apologists."

Thanks and happy to be aboard this fan site.

Hey - We're all Ram fans here. We can all voice our opinions. Too negative? Well if that's all you bring then personally, I'd have a problem with it. But what you said doesn't bother me none - not that it matters to anyone but me.

Personally, I agree that I didn't like a lot of what I saw - play calling wise - last season. But I have actually liked the changes I've seen over the past two years. I especially like the fact that Spags has brought in an OC that you wouldn't exactly call a conservative pull. I think we're heading for some good times ahead.

Welcome aboard Chops.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Thanks for the welcome Memento and 503. Nice job on the forum X and G Willie. Looks very clean and easy to navigate. Especially like the links on the left, one-stop shopping so to speak. Cheers to all and GO RAMS!

RamFan503 said:
Hey...Blackie! Good to see you aboard. Big fan of Bly but don't be diissin us old time fans. :7up: I'm gonna pull the old time Ram fan card any time I want.

Seriously though - good to see you came over from the dark side. I think you'll like it here.
I was on the stltoday yesterday and we started a half naked babe thread and it hit me where was 503 and x they were major players in these.

Whoh man never dissed old time fans tipped my hat on many occasions to la fans that followed to St louis but some come as better and i don't believe that age and era in my life has bearing on fandom.
I do get jealous of LA fans with their memories would have loved to witness Deacon Jones from what i have seen of him he was a bad dude

Yeah i am frequenting both i can't ever find enough to say about Rams. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

RealRamsFan said:
Real Rams Fan

But My friends call me Vance. Played High School Ball and grew up watching the PHX Cardinals with my pops before the Rams came to STL. I was immediately hooked.

I am in real estate and thankfully the economy has not hindered my success. I graduated from Fontbonne University with my MBA and I am a technology and stats FREAK.

My favorite player in the NFL is SJ39

I love to drink in bars with the guys

I am very direct and too the point....sometime I come across as an ass...but it is never personal...unless someone makes it personal

And I hate when people use color font on blogs....(I just can't put my finger on why)

I coached a little High School Football
I played DE and TE in High School
I am 6ft 5in, 275 lbs (I put on 20 lbs since college :cry: )

I love to debate and look forward to being part of the site

X is the ish !!!
Whats up RRF.Where is your joker pic that pic was classic.The stltoday site is pretty weird with out you.You got to have heels to counter the faces. :ww: :lol:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Hello everyone,

I'm Colin... As much as I'd like to say I'm a lifelong Rams fan, with 40 years of experience, I can't... I have been lurking around here for a few months now, but never posted until tonight.

I'm 23 years old, and from Los Angeles.. Originally I was from Ireland though (don't worry, I've fallen in love with the United States), spent a majority of my life over in Europe (mostly Ireland and England).. I moved to the states the summer before I entered High School (2003)... Since I never really had a chance to make friends, and there was still a while before school, my mom got me a Play Station to help keep me from being too bummed out about having no friends.. I got Madden, and just picked a team at Random, and it happened to be the Rams. As I learned more about the sport of football, I learned more about the Rams, and that was that.. Been a fan ever sense really, even though I didn't get to see them winning any championships, I've enjoyed my time cheering them.. Although admittedly I haven't seen as many games as I would have liked.

I joined the U.S. Military after High School in order to help get my U.S. Citizenship, and served in Iraq and Afghanistan in the 3rd Ranger Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment. Met a lot of really nice people in the Army, lots of guys who looked at me funny because of my accent, but either way.

I'm actually primarily a hockey player, over football. I did try out football in High School, again to help learn more about the sport, but I've made a bigger mark playing hockey as a Left Winger.. I'm a big LA Kings fan, and despise the St. Louis Blues (only because for whatever reason the Kings cannot figure out how to beat them, otherwise they're pretty cool).

Right now I am in school here in Los Angeles (just a community college, I'm expecting to transfer to a four year university, maybe UCLA soon) earning my Political Science degree, and I hope to eventually attend Law School, and then hopefully get a job at a Federal Agency..

Any other questions, and I'm always happy to reply, and hopefully I'll get yo know you guys soon. :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
Hello everyone,

I'm Colin... As much as I'd like to say I'm a lifelong Rams fan, with 40 years of experience, I can't... I have been lurking around here for a few months now, but never posted until tonight.

I'm 23 years old, and from Los Angeles.. Originally I was from Ireland though (don't worry, I've fallen in love with the United States), spent a majority of my life over in Europe (mostly Ireland and England).. I moved to the states the summer before I entered High School (2003)... Since I never really had a chance to make friends, and there was still a while before school, my mom got me a Play Station to help keep me from being too bummed out about having no friends.. I got Madden, and just picked a team at Random, and it happened to be the Rams. As I learned more about the sport of football, I learned more about the Rams, and that was that.. Been a fan ever sense really, even though I didn't get to see them winning any championships, I've enjoyed my time cheering them.. Although admittedly I haven't seen as many games as I would have liked.

I joined the U.S. Military after High School in order to help get my U.S. Citizenship, and served in Iraq and Afghanistan in the 3rd Ranger Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment. Met a lot of really nice people in the Army, lots of guys who looked at me funny because of my accent, but either way.

I'm actually primarily a hockey player, over football. I did try out football in High School, again to help learn more about the sport, but I've made a bigger mark playing hockey as a Left Winger.. I'm a big LA Kings fan, and despise the St. Louis Blues (only because for whatever reason the Kings cannot figure out how to beat them, otherwise they're pretty cool).

Right now I am in school here in Los Angeles (just a community college, I'm expecting to transfer to a four year university, maybe UCLA soon) earning my Political Science degree, and I hope to eventually attend Law School, and then hopefully get a job at a Federal Agency..

Any other questions, and I'm always happy to reply, and hopefully I'll get yo know you guys soon. :)
Mora na maidine dhuit, Laddie.

Good to have ya aboard. Sharly ya picked a fine team ta root far.

Yeah that's enough Irish and bad Irish accent for the night. I hope to get to the Motherland one day - I really do. I've been overseas, but only to visit France and Belgium, so I didn't get to go where I really wanted to. Half Irish, half Italian, so I'm gonna have to go see Italy at some point too.

You sound like a great guy. Hope to see more of you around here.

Top o' the mor........

Yeah, I promised not to do that, didn't I.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
bluecoconuts said:
Hello everyone,

You play hockey? That's pretty sweet (even though you hate the Blues). Still, the Kings are a cool team. Doughty, Kopitar, Johnson, Quick, and Bernier? I'd take any one of those guys on my team without any hesitation on my part.

Welcome to the forum - and thank you for serving this country.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Welcome Blue -

And X... step away from the blarney stone yuh fricken Italian leprechaun. :mrgreen:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Welcome Blue -

And X... step away from the blarney stone yuh fricken Italian leprechaun. :mrgreen:
italianlep.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
K- Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I saw that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:
You play hockey? That's pretty sweet (even though you hate the Blues). Still, the Kings are a cool team. Doughty, Kopitar, Johnson, Quick, and Bernier? I'd take any one of those guys on my team without any hesitation on my part.

Really, the only reason why I hate them is because the Kings can never beat them.. Even when they should.. But I credit St. Louis for having a good team, and they play the Kings really well. They're a lot of fun to watch, as long as it's not against LA.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, glad to be here.

amendonut

UDFA
Name
Jacob
Hi

I just found out about this site by tracking a video thru youtube.

I think I'll stay a while. This place is candy. Nice layout, good graphics, great sigs! :cheese: