Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

that defense on the last drive was the worst i've ever seen. 4 or 5 straight completions of 7 yards or more and giving up the sideline as well on every catch. fucking pathetic.

it should be known as the morris "ole" defense.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah.. and if they went over the top, it could've been in 12 seconds.

Think about that.

Think about the fact they were dead fucking tired and had just successfully kept the Bucs out of the end zone.

Think about the fact that the offense got NEGATIVE yardage in the 4th quarter.

I Dont Care Deal With It GIF

think about the offense having a line that is down to 3rd or 4th string in 3 positions.

can't run or pass. it's neutered right now.

if the bucs wrs could catch a ball they may have put 40 on the rams.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not for firing Morris, I get his game scheme, but I also get why folks are upset with playing 10-15 yds off the line.
Yeah that's where I'm at. He's a very average DC who just proved he can win it all with the right pieces, and that buys a lot of patience for me. But philosophically I do not like surrendering the underneath. Best example of what that looks like when it's done right is the old Dungy/Tampa defense. But you need a beast MLB that can fly, and a secondary of playmakers and hitters who snuff out ball carriers instantly. If you can execute it like that then I'm all in of course.

Anyway the offense is going to keep McVay busy. And he and Raheem will undoubtedly have a talk about what they need to do to get it through the heads of these DBs that you cannot surrender chunks on the sideline once you get inside four mins and are nursing a lead. This includes nuance on the calls too, btw, like playing outside leverage and keeping a cushion you can close on, and we don't really know what the calls were or if there were guys freelancing.

I agree we could have easily been down moreso. But also I feel like McVay needed the loss to make him face some BS that has been bubbling. He is at his best when his back is to the wall because he drops some of that touchy-feely shite and the competitor comes out.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I Dont Care Deal With It GIF

think about the offense having a line that is down to 3rd or 4th string in 3 positions.

can't run or pass. it's neutered right now.

Oh, brother.
You’re playing that for yourself, right?

13 points.
-5 yards in the 4th quarter.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You can't give the exact same look on defense drive after drive and not assume that eventually Brady will figure something out that works.

I see that I was wrong in the way The Rams lost. It shouldn’t have happened & I blamed the wrong people.
My math was bad & had to watch from afar. Still now when I watch the replay of that drive,I will have to look for Taylor Rapp?

-Raheem Morris pressed his luck? Brady made it downfield way to easy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oh, brother.
You’re playing that for yourself, right?

13 points.
-5 yards in the 4th quarter.

I saw the post,but BOBBY EVANS has to GO!! How a HC doesn’t see that & call every run play to the left.
I don’t know who or what happened at RG.Just know every time BOBBY EVANS let a player through Every down.

Tano

Legend
Good.
Then why are you bitching about the defense?

Let's see, give Brady 4 tries, in his home stadium, starting at his own 40 with the refs itching to give him a freebie PI call? How is that going to work out?
Counter that with an offense that in 3 tries, goes 3 and out all 3 times, gains a total of -5 yards and eats off less than 5 minutes of clock?

I guess putting blinders on and blaming the DC for the losses is a way some people can avoid facing the real truth of the matter, that the mismanagement of the roster on the offensive side of the ball has destroyed the team, quite possibly irreversibly
I am bitching about the 4th quarter defense.

He went into soft zone defense and TB had 3 long drives because of it.

He actually had a really good defensive strategy in the first 3 quarters and why we had only given up 6 points to that point.

But then in the 4th quarter he went into soft zone and eventually lost the game even though I do agree the offense didn't help matters by not getting 1 first down. But I blame that 100% on Evans. I would even rather have Blythe playing left guard - that is how bad Evans is.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
If you think Morris's soft shell defense is fine, you're flat out delusional. Worthy of being mocked and ridiculed. Its far from fine. Everybody knows it, but a very small select few.
That's what Jason Garrett and Tony Dungy were doing during the halftime show of the Chiefs-Titans game. They said 2 things you couldn't do is get beat deep and give up out routes because receiver can simply step out of bounds and stop the clock. So they gave up 28 yard reception to Otton and then 2 out patterns. During the highlights Dungy is yelling what are you doing and then says the Rams gave this game away.
20221106_220029_HDR.jpg
20221106_220119_HDR.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am bitching about the 4th quarter defense.

He went into soft zone defense and TB had 3 long drives because of it.

He actually had a really good defensive strategy in the first 3 quarters and why we had only given up 6 points to that point.

But then in the 4th quarter he went into soft zone and eventually lost the game even though I do agree the offense didn't help matters by not getting 1 first down. But I blame that 100% on Evans. I would even rather have Blythe playing left guard - that is how bad Evans is.
Because the D was totally gassed. Anyone who watched the game could see that. The D witheld a goal line stand and has to head back out 45 seconds later. Couldnt get a pass rush and Rams know all Brady needed to do was throw a jump ball to Evans in the EZ and he'd get the PI call
Yup, they wanted to keep the play in front of them, make a tackle in the middle of the field and do what the offense could not do, RUN CLOCK
Alas, the first 59:10 becomes irrelevant when Brady gets his 4th chance
If the offense played half as good as the defense, the game wouldnt have even been a contest

Tano

Legend
Because the D was totally gassed. Anyone who watched the game could see that. The D witheld a goal line stand and has to head back out 45 seconds later. Couldnt get a pass rush and Rams know all Brady needed to do was throw a jump ball to Evans in the EZ and he'd get the PI call
Yup, they wanted to keep the play in front of them, make a tackle in the middle of the field and do what the offense could not do, RUN CLOCK
Alas, the first 59:10 becomes irrelevant when Brady gets his 4th chance
If the offense played half as good as the defense, the game wouldnt have even been a contest
They were gassed not just because of the offense but because they had 2 long drives in the 4th qtr after having TB do 3 and outs the majority of the game. It was the soft zone defense in the 4th qtr that also gassed out the defense.

Play aggressive and we continue to have 3 and out drives.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
I see that I was wrong in the way The Rams lost. It shouldn’t have happened & I blamed the wrong people.
My math was bad & had to watch from afar. Still now when I watch the replay of that drive,I will have to look for Taylor Rapp?

-Raheem Morris pressed his luck? Brady made it downfield way to easy.
LOL, that's the problem. The Rams didn't press anything pretty much all day...

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
That's what Jason Garrett and Tony Dungy were doing during the halftime show of the Chiefs-Titans game. They said 2 things you couldn't do is get beat deep and give up out routes because receiver can simply step out of bounds and stop the clock. So they gave up 28 yard reception to Otton and then 2 out patterns. During the highlights Dungy is yelling what are you doing and then says the Rams gave this game away. View attachment 57312View attachment 57313
We all know what we're seeing...do we trust our eyes?

And this isn't an either/or thing...the offense is garbage right now. But in a game where somehow, some way both sides of the ball had done enough to get a win, the defensive play-calling and execution on the final drive pissed it away.

Tano

Legend
RAMS / NFL TALK
We all know what we're seeing...do we trust our eyes?

And this isn't an either/or thing...the offense is garbage right now. But in a game where somehow, some way both sides of the ball had done enough to get a win, the defensive play-calling and execution on the final drive pissed it away.
The last 3 drives really

We had a 13 -6 lead in the 4th qtr and letting them get an easy FG in the 4th qtr while playing the soft zone defense also hurt us

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
McVay stepping down has more of a chance than Morris.
"Ahem, test, test. We are here to announce that coach has stepped aside and all duties now go to coach Morris. We wish Sean the best and thank him for 6 er.. 5 wonderful years. Go coach Morris."

brucebruce

Rookie
It's no different if a defense plays a great game then the DC calls a careless 0 blitz and gives up a gift TD to lose the game. You can separate the great game from a poor scheme or play call that resulted in the winning TD play or drive. Then critique those situations accordingly.

In this case the scheme worked throughout the game, but situational football dictated a that soft shell had to be tweaked in that last drive.

exactly

brucebruce

Rookie
So you think it's a game of only one side can be held accountable for an end result? It's that black or white. Has to be one or the other? Odd.

some people can't walk and chew gum. that's ok, if you know your limitations. a few don't and dig their heels into a nonsensical argument.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
some people can't walk and chew gum. that's ok, if you know your limitations. a few don't and dig their heels into a nonsensical argument.
I know what you mean.. I see a lot of them on here who think they're seeing one thing when they see another.

Kind of hammers home the whole "memory sucks" thing, when we're talking about most humans.