Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brucebruce

Rookie

that defense on the last drive was the worst i've ever seen. 4 or 5 straight completions of 7 yards or more and giving up the sideline as well on every catch. fucking pathetic.

it should be known as the morris "ole" defense.

time for a nickname contest.

ghost d

morris, no chess, no nut d

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
LOL, that's the problem. The Rams didn't press anything pretty much all day...

Well they were ok all game. It was the last part that really hurt.
They were playing even further back & giving up more of the field(grass).Either way it is a TEAM lose.

Ellard80

Legend
The numbers are the numbers.
its a good defense if our offense was anywhere near its usual.

but its also a defense that doesn't get turnovers or pressure the QB

it also commonly allows the field to get flipped

if there is a stat for that i bet were dead last in that defensively.

but yes the offense is the bigger problem.

Tano

Legend

Yeah I can't tell you how many times we started inside the 20 this year

Tano

Legend
when ever we have a team backed up inside the 10 they typically get out to the 50 yard line it seems like.
That is probably the worst thing about a soft zone defense.

It is annoying as heck giving up the short passes all day but when we start inside the 20 yard line all the time - our offense has to play at its best and right now - we are not playing at our best

So you could say - the defense is causing a lot of the issues with our offense right now

When we start at the 30 or further out, we seem to do better drives most of the time.

It's inside the 20 where we can't do crap.

I am doing this off memory so I will have to look at that and see if that is the case especially since Evans has started at LG

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

I don’t know… I do know that a ridiculously high number of 3-and-outs forced by the D are followed by 3-and-outs by our offense.

I know the Rams consider stopping a team in 4th down a turnover (they did last year, folks.. not a new thing).

I know that trying to manufacture turnovers usually leads to bad things if you don’t have the personnel for it. For example.. Kendrick has given up a couple of huuuge plays trying to jump routes.

I like the concept, believe me… we saw it down the stretch last year.

But we don’t have the horses, imo,

Tano

Legend
Just looking at the first SF game and the Dallas game - only once did we start in the opponents territory

SF

7 out of 10 times inside the 26 and the other 3 were 31 33 and 42 and 2 of the times we started beyond the 30 were in the 4th qtr when the other team had a big lead

Dallas

9 out of 11 drives inside the 25

and 1 of the ones beyond the 25 was the last drive of the game when it was already a foregone conclusion who was going to win

To sum up, although our defense has good scoring stats, they are not helping the offense 1 tiny bit in getting them out of their doldrums. This soft zone shit is really hurting our offense with where we have to start drives each time.

1667856830594.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were gassed not just because of the offense but because they had 2 long drives in the 4th qtr after having TB do 3 and outs the majority of the game. It was the soft zone defense in the 4th qtr that also gassed out the defense.

Play aggressive and we continue to have 3 and out drives.
Maybe you should watch the actual game. The Rams had 3 straight 3 and outs in the 4th quarter. 4 of their final 5 drives were 3 and out. 1 first down in the 4th Q and they win the game easily. 8 3 and outs in the game.
The defense is the reason they were in the game for as long as they were

Tano

Legend
Maybe you should watch the actual game. The Rams had 3 straight 3 and outs in the 4th quarter. 4 of their final 5 drives were 3 and out. 1 first down in the 4th Q and they win the game easily. 8 3 and outs in the game.
The defense is the reason they were in the game for as long as they were
And if we play aggressive defense in the 4th qtr like we were doing in the first 3 quarters, we probably easily win the game as well

It goes both ways.

Offense sucks - Morris scheme in the 4th qtr sucked

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its hard to flip the field when you go 3 and out, while losing 5 yards

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And if we play aggressive defense in the 4th qtr like we were doing in the first 3 quarters, we probably easily win the game as well

It goes both ways.

Offense sucks - Morris scheme in the 4th qtr sucked
It doesnt go both ways. The offense didnt show up. They were 1 play away from scoring just 6 points.
The offense did nothing to contribute at the end and the D was gassed
The D did their job all game, and then shit the bed at the end
The O shit the bed all game

Tano

Legend
Why do you change the scheme in the 4th qtr when the prior scheme was working for 3 quarters.

Playing the soft zone in the 4th quarter like that is playing not to lose.

We need to play aggressive all game with the way our offense is playing.

And yes it does go both ways if the defense doesn't do their job in the 4th quarter.

They had a lead and gave up 3 long drives in the 4th qtr - why they were gassed at the end.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do you change the scheme in the 4th qtr when the prior scheme was working for 3 quarters.
They didnt change the scheme, that's just not true. Heck, just read thru the GDT, you'll see complaining about it all game. Even while it was working.