Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The offense is garbage. We all understand that. But the game was close, the O had done enough to give a lead.

And that was pissed away with shitty play calling at the end.
No, the offense hadn’t.

And I assume you’re talking about the shitty playcalling that couldn’t even get one first down in the 4th.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
No, the offense hadn’t.

And I assume you’re talking about the shitty playcalling that couldn’t even get one first down in the 4th.
No, actually I'm talking about the play-calling that let Tampa--who had a fucking 1% chance to win with that field-position, score and time left, move down the field at-will.

Even with a set of play calls that every Madden player in the universe knew was shit, the Rams STILL led the game when the defense came out.

And despite their horrible play, they'd produced enough points to lead the game from the end of the 1Q to that final minute. As I said, a 13pt/game scoring average is not good enough to win games. But on a given Sunday it might be. And yesterday it was for the majority of the game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And don't say they were gassed so they had to play back.
They were gassed
Tampa just had the ball in consecutive drives for a total of 9+ minutes , and after a defensive stand, the Rams could only keep the D off the field for 1 minute.
The fuck does total TOP have to do with anything at that point??

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I swear, if the Rams d could defend as well and hard as @Kupped has in this thread they would be better than the 85 bears d.

Unfortunately when the game is on the line they are as soft as butter which has been sitting outside the fridge for a few hours.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, actually I'm talking about the play-calling that let Tampa--who had a fucking 1% chance to win with that field-position, score and time left, move down the field at-will.

Even with a set of play calls that every Madden player in the universe knew was shit, the Rams STILL led the game when the defense came out.

And despite their horrible play, they'd produced enough points to lead the game from the end of the 1Q to that final minute. As I said, a 13pt/game scoring average is not good enough to win games. But on a given Sunday it might be. And yesterday it was for the majority of the game.
They would have had a ZERO % chance had the offense come up with a single 1st down in the ENTIRE quarter
They didnt do their job for an entire quarter, and that is why they lost the game
Not asking them to score, not asking them to get to the Bucs side of the field. Merely gain a solitary first down, 3 separate series to do it to boot. And they failed

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I swear, if the Rams d could defend as well and hard as @Kupped has in this thread they would be better than the 85 bears d.

Unfortunately when the game is on the line they are as soft as butter which has been sitting outside the fridge for a few hours.

Even the 85 Bears D had the 85 Bears offense. They didnt have problems scoring. In fact they were the #2 scoring team in the land. Not the 3rd WORST offense like this team has

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
They would have had a ZERO % chance had the offense come up with a single 1st down in the ENTIRE quarter
They didnt do their job for an entire quarter, and that is why they lost the game
Not asking them to score, not asking them to get to the Bucs side of the field. Merely gain a solitary first down, 3 separate series to do it to boot. And they failed
Yes, they were horrible in the 4Q. But they STILL lead the game up to that last possession. It was STILL enough if the Defense gets the last stop.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, they were horrible in the 4Q. But they STILL lead the game up to that last possession. It was STILL enough if the Defense gets the last stop.
1 first down, thats all they needed
Defense stopped Tampa on downs
There never should have been a last series

Tano

Legend
They were gassed
Tampa just had the ball in consecutive drives for a total of 9+ minutes , and after a defensive stand, the Rams could only keep the D off the field for 1 minute.
The fuck does total TOP have to do with anything at that point??
They were only gassed because of Morris shitty soft zone defense in the 4th qtr

Before the 4th qtr - the TOP was even

They only had to deal with 9 minutes in the fourth quarter because of the shitty scheme

If he did it like he had in the first 3 quarters, they would have had at maximum 7.5 minutes in a 15 minute quarter - probably less

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They only had to deal with 9 minutes in the fourth quarter because of the shitty scheme

If he did it like he had in the first 3 quarters, they would have had at maximum 7.5 minutes in a 15 minute quarter - probably less
Because their offense only kept the ball for 4 minutes in 3 drives
You seriously cant be this obtuse
The d was on the field the majority of the quarter because the offense couldnt make a 1st down. How does this not compute?
The D stopped Tampa and they turned the ball over on downs, what did the offense do?
9 offensive plays
4 plays lost yardage
2 plays net 0 yardage
2 plays gained 1 yard
1 play gained 5 yards
9 plays, -2 yardage
Again, what did the offense do?

Tano

Legend
False. The D did their job in turning over the Bucs on downs, that should have closed out the game. The offense did nothing to help out. The offense could have closed the game out, would have closed the game out by making 1 single 1st down in 3 series.
1 1st down, instead, its the D's fault
The D should have never had to defend the goal line in 2 separate drives, 50 seconds apart
Man you are just not getting it.

We are not saying it was the defenses fault we lost that game.

It was the offenses fault.

But the defense had a chance to win that game and then Morris makes those shitty calls on that last drive.

That is why we are pissed.

It's like - dammit Morris - you were doing a damn good job for 3 quarters and then a c job in the 4th quarter but we still had the lead but then you go and make those calls on the last drive with 40 seconds left. There was no excuse in the world for Morris losing that game that way. I am only blaming Morris for that last drive. The rest of the game it was the offense's fault.

So basically it was 95% offense fault and 5% Morris fault (and 95 % of his fault was because of that last drive). I didn't like his defense for the two drives before that but we still had the lead. It's that last fricken drive.

Tano

Legend
Because their offense only kept the ball for 4 minutes in 3 drives
You seriously cant be this obtuse
The d was on the field the majority of the quarter because the offense couldnt make a 1st down. How does this not compute?
The D stopped Tampa and they turned the ball over on downs, what did the offense do?
9 offensive plays
4 plays lost yardage
2 plays net 0 yardage
2 plays gained 1 yard
1 play gained 5 yards
9 plays, -2 yardage
Again, what did the offense do?
If they had done the same defense in the 4th quarter as they did in the first 3 quarters, Tampa would have had 3 and outs as well. They were not doing any better until the 4th quarter when Morris went to that soft zone shitty defense 100% of the time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I hope you really dont believe this crap
Again, who the fuck cares about the first half TOP? Tampa had the ball for 9 of 12 minutes because the offense couldnt make a 1st down.
Its ridiculous. An offense that cant gain yardage, cant burn clock, cant contribute anything positive gets a free pass, but the defense which stopped TB is to blame.
I get it. If the defense doesnt pitch a shut out, they lose and its there fault. Good luck with that

Tano

Legend
I hope you really dont believe this crap
Again, who the fuck cares about the first half TOP? Tampa had the ball for 9 of 12 minutes because the offense couldnt make a 1st down.
Its ridiculous. An offense that cant gain yardage, cant burn clock, cant contribute anything positive gets a free pass, but the defense which stopped TB is to blame.
I get it. If the defense doesnt pitch a shut out, they lose and its there fault. Good luck with that
And they had the ball 9 minutes because our defense couldn't stop them on 3 downs

They drove the field on all 3 possessions.

They weren't doing that in the first 3 quarters.

And we sucked every bit in the first 3 quarters as we did in the 4th quarter except for 2 plays

So basically what I am trying to say is that the offense didn't gas the defense, it was the 4th qtr play calls that gassed the defense. It made them defend the entire length of the field all 3 drives instead of just 10 yards like in the first 3 quarters when we had TB go 3 and out on almost every possession.

I got another question - why did we not make TB go 3 and out on their first possession in the 4th quarter. Explain that. The defense wasn't gassed on that drive.

TB had 3 plays 4 plays 3 plays and 6 plays in the 4th quarter. Wow they made 2 first downs in the 3rd qtr. That must have gassed the defense.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So basically it was 95% offense fault and 5% Morris fault
Lol
So why are there 102 pages of why Morris sucks? You dont believe that and arent saying anything remotely close to that
Cant make it up

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And they had the ball 9 minutes because our defense couldn't stop them on 3 downs

They drove the field on all 3 possessions.

They weren't doing that in the first 3 quarters.

And we sucked every bit in the first 3 quarters as we did in the 4th quarter except for 2 plays

So basically what I am trying to say is that the offense didn't gas the defense, it was the 4th qtr play calls that gassed the defense. It made them defend the entire length of the field all 3 drives instead of just 10 yards like in the first 3 quarters when we had TB go 3 and out on almost every possession.

I got another question - why did we not make TB go 3 and out on their first possession in the 4th quarter. Explain that. The defense wasn't gassed on that drive.
You really dont get it?
Here, this is for you, maybe have an adult explain it to you.
3 and out means giving the ball right back to the other team
Thats how defense stays on the field, and since the offense goes backwards, they give the opponent better field position
1667867391696.png

Tano

Legend
Lol
So why are there 102 pages of why Morris sucks? You dont believe that and arent saying anything remotely close to that
Cant make it up
Um I was pissed after the game and that last drive really pissed me off and the 4th quarter didn't help

But I never said I hated Morris before that. I said I hate the fact that he uses soft zone defense even though it does keep the other team from scoring a lot points but it doesn't allow for pressures sacks or turnovers to help the offense out which needs all the help it can get.

I have been saying the entire time that I would like Morris to mix up his defense which he was doing in the first 3 quarters.

I was going - wow maybe Morris gets it and then the 4th qtr came.....

And I am still pissed off at the play calls on that last drive.

I probably should add that I was pissed off at the SF game but that's because that is SF and no way should Crapola get 31 points on any team much less us.

Last edited: