Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
You really dont get it?
Here, this is for you, maybe have an adult explain it to you.
3 and out means giving the ball right back to the other team
Thats how defense stays on the field, and since the offense goes backwards, they give the opponent better field position
View attachment 57343
Look at Tampa's possessions in the 3rd qtr - 3 and out 4 and out - okay 1 first down - 3 and out - 6 and out - oops they got another first down

Why didn't they keep with the same game plan in the 4th quarter. Morris completely changed it in the 4th quarter.

Tano

Legend
Oh and both of the first two drives in the 4th quarter would have started at the TB 30 or so if Dixon would have a little more hang time on his punts.

Grumble grumble grumble

So I will place a little blame on Special Teams as well

Maybe 93 % offense 2 % special teams and 5 % Morris in the 4th quarter

brucebruce

Rookie
Yup Donald was huffing and puffing in the huddle, but could only blow so many houses down at the end. Feel bad for him and Wagz who went all out as long as they could.

be nice if morris rewarded them by not giving the qb free passes to still make completions because of a laughable soft zone in short and critical situations.

brucebruce

Rookie
why pay ramsey top dollar if you're not using him to his full potential? he has looked frustrated for two seasons when a receiver gets easy first downs or 8-yard completions right in front of him.

Tano

Legend
why pay ramsey top dollar if you're not using him to his full potential? he has looked frustrated for two seasons when a receiver gets easy first downs or 8-yard completions right in front of him.
Yeah Ramsey can't be happy with the way they are playing him

Every so often I see him shake his head after a guy gets that easy 8 yard completion

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

9 plays, 12 plays, probably 12 plays again on the last drive.

You're not making a good case for the defense. They were gassed because they can't get off the field. Even against a shit offense like the bucs. Most of the time they made stops because bucs wrs dropped pretty simple passes.

This is what happens when you give up easy completions.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
I hope you really dont believe this crap
Again, who the fuck cares about the first half TOP? Tampa had the ball for 9 of 12 minutes because the offense couldnt make a 1st down.
Its ridiculous. An offense that cant gain yardage, cant burn clock, cant contribute anything positive gets a free pass, but the defense which stopped TB is to blame.
I get it. If the defense doesnt pitch a shut out, they lose and its there fault. Good luck with that
There was a time when we could count on at least a long field goal attempt. We have a good kicker. That's sad offense right there.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You're not making a good case for the defense. They were gassed because they can't get off the field. Even against a shit offense like the bucs. Most of the time they made stops because bucs wrs dropped pretty simple passes.

This is what happens when you give up easy completions.

Lol… this is truly the clown show winner..
the offense got -5 yards in the 4th.. not one single first down…
But it’s THE DEFENSES FAULT THEY WERE IN THD FIELD SO MUCH!!!

Chef’s kiss… perfection

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Chef’s kiss… perfection

Didn't this game have like the most 3 and outs for both teams or something??

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just an FYI our defense got burned by a historically bad offense on 3rd down. Food for thought:
Historically? So like, we're including Jack Thompson era? Doug Williams? Lol
Historically speaking, that jerkoff #12 has been pretty good

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Chef’s kiss… perfection

Are you still babbling about the offense?

We're talking about the defense in this thread. A defense that couldn't get off the field in the 4th qtr. Against one of the worst offenses in the league. That only made stops because the wrs dropped some pretty simple catches.

Would you like me to start a thread about the offense so you can squeal like a stuck pig about it?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Rams offense is offensive and the defense made it much easier on the Bucs to score on the last drive based on how Morris decided to play it. It's a team game and sometimes one part of the team plays like shit so the other facets have to make up for it. Either way we lost and hopefully they can figure out how to get the offense going cuz it's definitely historically bad.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I've said this before and I bet Bill Belicheat will be the first to do it.

Bucs got the ball with 40 seconds left on their own 40.

What if the Rams just tackle all the receivers and the running back and pin them down? Brady will be forced to hold the ball, possibly get sacked or he will have to run out of the pocket and throw the ball away. We get a 5 yard penalty for holding. But in the meantime. at least 10 seconds comes off the clock. Do that twice and we basically win the game.

Instead we give up 28 yards on their first play down the middle. How the F does that happen?

sloramfan

Starter
steve808...

that's gonna happen.... fantastic strategy...

even if only 5 secs come off the clock, do it 4 times in a row....

go rams

slo

Turducken

Starter
Rams have a top 10 defense and a bottom 5 offense.
Rams fans- Let's have a 2k vent thread about the defense.
Sounds about right.
If we had a middling offense (like the Giants, Falcons or the Seahawks) we`d be 5-3 with a top five defense. Our offense is so bad that it drags down our defense.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn

Experts said it. Not me. But I saw a badly coached/executed defense.

0 Timeouts
44 Seconds Remaining
Down 4 Points so has to get a TD to win.
60 Yards to go

I'd say most defenses, would take those odds.

But the biggest issue in this game, Bobby Evans.

This is thread is about Raheem Morris, and the last two driver were total crap.
Playcalling and Execution.

The offense sucked, but the game was winnable, regardless of how they played.
Defense shit the bed.
If you disagree, watch the video again.