Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm not for firing Morris, I get his game scheme, but I also get why folks are upset with playing 10-15 yds off the line.
I get that people don't like a style.. I get that it's not perfect...

But the vitriol and blame is absolute, 100% nonsense. The defense played a heck of a game.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
The defense is a top end pass rusher away from being really good.
Maybe we can trade for a hall of fame defensive tackle, hall of fame inside linebacker and potential hall of fame CB. Surely there's not a coordinator in the league that could mess that up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not for firing Morris, I get his game scheme, but I also get why folks are upset with playing 10-15 yds off the line.
Well - I’d just say I knew Tom Brady was going to get down field easily if he got the ball back. Raheem Morris was going to have The Rams playing way off the ball.
Sean Mcvay blew this game,but Cooper Kupp knows the had no business sliding.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe we can trade for a hall of fame defensive tackle, hall of fame inside linebacker and potential hall of fame CB. Surely there's not a coordinator in the league that could mess that up.
Keeping Miller would have done the trick.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well - I’d just say I knew Tom Brady was going to get down field easily if he got the ball back. Raheem Morris was going to have The Rams playing way off the ball.
Sean Mcvay blew this game,but Cooper Kupp knows the had no business sliding.
You can't give the exact same look on defense drive after drive and not assume that eventually Brady will figure something out that works.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Hey.. Jalen Ramsey.. what did you think about the offense at the end of the game?

Ramsey: "We got to have some dogs who are going to be like, ‘We going to close this mother ... out.’”

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
yeah... so, getting a first would've helped
Oh, the offense lost the game...not defending them. The defense should not have been on the field on that last drive or as much as they were in the 2nd half, but they were and the DC has to react accordingly to save the game.

That's all I am saying. It's not what you want in terms of going back outthere, but at that point you have adjust to the situation, don't you?

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
If you think Morris's soft shell defense is fine, you're flat out delusional. Worthy of being mocked and ridiculed. Its far from fine. Everybody knows it, but a very small select few.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Oh, the offense lost the game...not defending them. The defense should not have been on the field on that last drive or as much as they were in the 2nd half, but they were and the DC has to react accordingly to save the game.

That's all I am saying. It's not what you want in terms of going back outthere, but at that point you have adjust to the situation, don't you?
Yeah.. and.. you know what? You had a 4 point lead.. so, what was most important in that situation? And what had your defense just done?

The reality is if you give an offense enough opportunities... and keep your defense on the field the entire 4th quarter.. shit's gonna wear out. Period. You're starting a 6th round rookie corner.. he's fighting.. but shit's gonna happen.

Play tight there? Did you see the Dwelley play last week? Or the Aiyuk play?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If you think Morris's soft shell defense is fine, you're flat out delusional. Worthy of being mocked and ridiculed. Its far from fine. Everybody knows it, but a very small select few.
If you think that it's the problem with the team, then you're flat out delusional. Worthy of being mocked and ridiculed.

There are plenty who know it... including the actual football team.

But.. go on. lol