Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
Any reasonably talented offense led by an offensive guru like McVay should have been able to get one first down!

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1589414547999399936

Wait what's that? A defensive stop gave us the ball and a chance to put the game away? But the offense failed? Blame the DC for the offense not being able to get a single lousy first down :D

Morris got extremely lucky on that drive. Miller should have caught that ball and there goes the game as well due to Morris soft zone shit on that drive. 99 out of 100 times Miller catches that ball.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
We were fucking ahead late in the 4th quarter. The defense gave up a score that any reasonably talented coordinator would have stopped.
13 points isn’t enough. When you play football the goal is to score more. We stopped scoring at 13 when the bucs were just making field goals… Thats how long the D has been working while we stayed at 13. Lol just stop already seriously

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Morris got extremely lucky on that drive. Miller should have caught that ball and there goes the game as well due to Morris soft zone shit on that drive. 99 out of 100 times Miller catches that ball.
I know it's hard to give the defense and Morris credit. BTW the first thing McVay said in his post game presser? The defense did enough to get us a win but the offense and I have to be better. How many times does he say that before it sinks in. The offense is the problem.

Tano

Legend

In case you don't recognize those numbers those are the points we've scored this year as a team. Impressive isn't it.
I will say it again. 3 HOF players on defense. They should be playing as well as they are. But with 3 HOF players, they should get more turnovers. Why aren't we. Simple - Soft Zone Shit means very few sacks and almost 0 interceptions.

Tano

Legend
I know it's hard to give the defense and Morris credit. BTW the first thing McVay said in his post game presser? The defense did enough to get us a win but the offense and I have to be better. How many times does he say that before it sinks in. The offense is the problem.
McVay will always defend his buddy.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
What game are people watching? Aikman, and tonight, Romo, both said what many others have said about the rams softest Secondary, yet despite the season long results proving their spot on analysis, some people still reject it. Un fucking believable

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what are you saying. That despite the circumstances highly in the rams favor, they just got outplayed by Brady?
Brady and Byron Leftwich absolutely out played McVay and Stafford. Yes that's what I'm saying.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The offense gained 5 yards in the 4th quarter. One first down at 3rd and 5 and we win.
The defense was soft as charmin at the end of the game.
It was a team effort.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What game are people watching? Aikman, and tonight, Romo, both said what many others have said about the rams softest Secondary, yet despite the season long results proving their spot on analysis, some people still reject it. Un fucking believable
These offensive drives in the fourth quarter is what's unbelievable. Funny the defense came up with a turnover on downs. The offense had 10 plays in the 4th quarter. Imagine getting a few first downs to help your team win the game. It takes all three phases playing well to win games. This offense is not winning any games at this rate.

Tano

Legend
Horse shit. If the defense needed work he'd say it needed work too.
It only needed work in the 4th quarter. I said he did well the first half and most of the third quarter.

But why oh why did he go back to the soft zone shit in the 4th quarter.

He was actually aggressive on a few plays before the 4th quarter. Which is all I have been asking for.

One play in particular. Ramsey was man up on Evans on 3rd and 6 - Brady couldn't complete the pass

Ramsey was 10 yards back on 3rd and 6 in the 4th quarter and Brady completes a simple pass to Evans for a first down.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were ahead with under a minute to go. Think about that
I have. They got a turnover on downs and what did McVay do? He went three plays 6 yards and took 1:08 off the clock. I cannot believe that people are happy with that. We forced them to a FG the drive before that what was the offenses response to another team scoring? We do still have to score to win the game not just prevent the other team from scoring right? That stellar drive was 3 plays -7 yards.

I've said it multiple times so far and you guys seem to want to ignore it. I and anybody else would have liked the defense to play better on that one last drive. But if the offense plays better on any one drive especially the one right before? We win the game no matter what the D does.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
13 points isn’t enough. When you play football the goal is to score more. We stopped scoring at 13 when the bucs were just making field goals… Thats how long the D has been working while we stayed at 13. Lol just stop already seriously
13 points is what it took for the Patriots to win a superbowl against the rams. Today, we were ahead with under a minute left. What were the odds we lose? 10%, maybe?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It only needed work in the 4th quarter. I said he did well the first half and most of the third quarter.

But why oh why did he go back to the soft zone shit in the 4th quarter.

He was actually aggressive on a few plays before the 4th quarter. Which is all I have been asking for.

One play in particular. Ramsey was man up on Evans on 3rd and 6 - Brady couldn't complete the pass

Ramsey was 10 yards back on 3rd and 6 in the 4th quarter and Brady completes a simple pass to Evans for a first down.
I just can't understand this. We had 9 first downs. It's 2022 in the NFL and we had 9 first downs on offense. We had negative yards of offense in the fourth quarter. And you guys are pissed at the Defense for not doing enough? Yes everybody says the D should have been better on that last drive. But the offense should have been better for the previous 59 minutes that's why we lost the game.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I will say it again. 3 HOF players on defense. They should be playing as well as they are. But with 3 HOF players, they should get more turnovers. Why aren't we. Simple - Soft Zone Shit means very few sacks and almost 0 interceptions.
Afuckinmen.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
13 points is what it took for the Patriots to win a superbowl against the rams today, we were ahead with under a minute left. What were the odds we lose? 10%, maybe?
Against McVay's shitty offense :D People were upset after that game too with Wade if memory serves me correct.

Tano

Legend
I have. They got a turnover on downs and what did McVay do? He went three plays 6 yards and took 1:08 off the clock. I cannot believe that people are happy with that. We forced them to a FG the drive before that what was the offenses response to another team scoring? We do still have to score to win the game not just prevent the other team from scoring right? That stellar drive was 3 plays -7 yards.

I've said it multiple times so far and you guys seem to want to ignore it. I and anybody else would have liked the defense to play better on that one last drive. But if the offense plays better on any one drive especially the one right before? We win the game no matter what the D does.
I have seen us do the same exact thing in prior years where all we needed a first down and we win the game. Many times we don't but guess what we win because we don't do the prevent a win defense especially the shit that Morris threw down on that last drive.