Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There’s that highly quality football IQ on display :thumbsup1::laugh1:
The Waterboy Superbowl GIF by NETFLIX
Nah all the high IQ is telling McVay how great he is.

Tano

Legend
Defense kept us in the game while the offense was shitting the bed. They had as many 3 and out drives as they did first downs. I don't know what's more pathetic that stat or people not more upset about it.
I said Morris did a good job in the first half. But the second half he shit the bed.

Yes the offense sucked ass but 90% of that is due to Evans.

When you have one super duper crappy OL - nothing the rest of the team can do but watch his guy time after time either get to Stafford or almost get to Stafford.

Getting Evans out would fix a lot of problems on O

But since the offense sucks so bad due to one player, the defense (who has 3 HOF players on it) needs to make plays to help out the offense.

No interceptions again this game and the only sack on Brady came when Morris played a bit more aggressively in the first half.

DrRage46

Rookie
Name
DrRage46
I wish a reporter would ask mcvay on post game about letting morris keep calling that shit soft zone.Not once have i ever heard them ask

Ellard80

Legend
Defense kept us in the game while the offense was shitting the bed. They had as many 3 and out drives as they did first downs. I don't know what's more pathetic that stat or people not more upset about it.
the offense was horrible the entire 4th quarter without a doubt.... they did nothing

the defense did also choke however... they played great most of the game until that point.

Tano

Legend
the offense was horrible the entire 4th quarter without a doubt.... they did nothing

the defense did also choke however... they played great most of the game until that point.
And the problem is - that the defense played even softer in the 4th quarter than they had the first 3 quarters.

That's 100% on Morris.

If it is working, don't change it until it stops working.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Against a McVay offense thank you for proving my point :D
That’s a fair point. I’m not saying McVay doesn’t deserve blame, but your words were, “You aren’t winning shit scoring 13” and I simply pointed out you’re absolutely wrong…unless of course you play 2 hand touch and count 10 Mississippis before making contact in the 4th with 40 seconds left.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s a fair point. I’m not saying McVay doesn’t deserve blame, but your words were, “You aren’t winning shit scoring 13” and I simply pointed out you’re absolutely wrong…unless of course you play 2 hand touch and count 10 Mississippis before making contact in the 4th with 40 seconds left.
Nobody who is defending the defense will say they couldn't have been better on that last drive. Nobody is or would say that. But the offense was beyond bad except for one long pass to our best offensive player. We were in this game in spite of the lack of offense because of the defense. Yes they should have been better that last drive anybody with a brain will agree to that. The defense didn't lose that game for us the offenses lack of scoring did.

We are a terrible team in the second half offensively that's when a OC/DC should be making adjustments so the team can win. We don't make adjustments. There's no imagination to the run game. Our OC/HC still has Bobby Fucking Evans at LG in spite of how everybody watching can see the guy is straight shit. We aren't going to win many games at all the rest of the way out with this offense but we could win some games with this defense if the offense did a little bit to help them out.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I think the defense is better than what it seems. Yeah the opponent drives the field but only to end up with 3 points or turning it over on downs most of the time. Niners always work us over and the Bills are one of the best teams this year and outside of those games the defense has looked pretty good.

If the offense could find some kind of rythm and manage to score more than 13 points a game I believe the defense would look much better.

We're all defense at this point.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
People, let's understand that Morris doesn't call a soft defense. HE CALLS, STATISTICALLY, THE SOFTEST FUCKING DEFENSE IN THE FUCKING NFL.

Oh, but that should work against Brady, Evans and Godwin.

And if you believe that, look at our stats and wins this year

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People, let's understand that Morris doesn't call a soft defense. HE CALLS, STATISTICALLY, THE SOFTEST FUCKING DEFENSE IN THE FUCKING NFL.

It's a perfect match for the softest offense in the NFL then. Outside of one long TD play that was mostly due to the WR being great at YAC we had 137 yards of offense. Pathetic

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Nobody who is defending the defense will say they couldn't have been better on that last drive. Nobody is or would say that. But the offense was beyond bad except for one long pass to our best offensive player. We were in this game in spite of the lack of offense because of the defense. Yes they should have been better that last drive anybody with a brain will agree to that. The defense didn't lose that game for us the offenses lack of scoring did.

We are a terrible team in the second half offensively that's when a OC/DC should be making adjustments so the team can win. We don't make adjustments. There's no imagination to the run game. Our OC/HC still has Bobby Fucking Evans at LG in spite of how everybody watching can see the guy is straight shit. We aren't going to win many games at all the rest of the way out with this offense but we could win some games with this defense if the offense did a little bit to help them out.

We were fucking ahead late in the 4th quarter. The defense gave up a score that any reasonably talented coordinator would have stopped.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
It's a perfect match for the softest offense in the NFL then. Outside of one long TD play that was mostly due to the WR being great at YAC we had 137 yards of offense. Pathetic

Gonna say it again for the cheap seats. We were ahead with seconds to go and the offense was not on the field. Figure it out

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We were fucking ahead late in the 4th quarter. The defense gave up a score that any reasonably talented coordinator would have stopped.
Any reasonably talented offense led by an offensive guru like McVay should have been able to get one first down!

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1589414547999399936

Wait what's that? A defensive stop gave us the ball and a chance to put the game away? But the offense failed? Blame the DC for the offense not being able to get a single lousy first down :D

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame

It's the perfect scheme against the niners too because we know Jimmy G likes to air it out

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna say it again for the cheap seats. We were ahead with seconds to go and the offense was not on the field. Figure it out
I have figured it out. If we could get a first down in the 4th quarter we win the game. We couldn't though so our offense kept the Bucs alive. How many 3 and outs are you going to give to Brady so he has a chance? Shame our OC wasn't good enough to put the game to bed.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I should assume that this offense will continue to try to score the bare minimum every game and throw Morris under the bus..

Thats been the MO thus far.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's the perfect scheme against the niners too because we know Jimmy G likes to air it out

In case you don't recognize those numbers those are the points we've scored this year as a team. Impressive isn't it.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
So what are you saying. That despite the circumstances highly in the rams favor, they just got outplayed by Brady?