Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In case you don't recognize that's 60 yards in 44 seconds with 0 timeouts

That's the Rams plays for scrimmage in the 4th quarter and yards on those plays. Is that winning football?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have seen us do the same exact thing in prior years where all we needed a first down and we win the game. Many times we don't but guess what we win because we don't do the prevent a win defense especially the shit that Morris threw down on that last drive.
LOL

OK sure whatever you say. Keep on the anti Morris bandwagon.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I have. They got a turnover on downs and what did McVay do? He went three plays 6 yards and took 1:08 off the clock. I cannot believe that people are happy with that. We forced them to a FG the drive before that what was the offenses response to another team scoring? We do still have to score to win the game not just prevent the other team from scoring right? That stellar drive was 3 plays -7 yards.

I've said it multiple times so far and you guys seem to want to ignore it. I and anybody else would have liked the defense to play better on that one last drive. But if the offense plays better on any one drive especially the one right before? We win the game no matter what the D does.

That's where you miss the point. It's not about the defense playing better. It's about the horrifically shitty soft play calling by morris. If we didn't have the defensive studs we have, this soft defense would be even worse.

Tano

Legend
Against McVay's shitty offense :D People were upset after that game too with Wade if memory serves me correct.
I wasn't. That defense was awesome the majority of that game. If not for a lucky pass to Gronk, we would have only been down 6 points instead of 10 when McVay went for a FG from 54 yards out with close to a minute left in the game.

Tano

Legend
That's where you miss the point. It's not about the defense playing better. It's about the horrifically shitty soft play calling by morris. If we didn't have the defensive studs we have, this soft defense would be even worse.
This times 1000 - I couldn't have said it any better.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I give up you guys win. Fire Morris for doing a good job and let McVay and the offense skate by without being able to get a first drive to finish the game. Clearly the only reason we're sub .500 is Morris. I surrender you win.

Tano

Legend
I just can't understand this. We had 9 first downs. It's 2022 in the NFL and we had 9 first downs on offense. We had negative yards of offense in the fourth quarter. And you guys are pissed at the Defense for not doing enough? Yes everybody says the D should have been better on that last drive. But the offense should have been better for the previous 59 minutes that's why we lost the game.
Our offense sucks. We get it. But I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt because we have a shitty ass OL guard in the game.

Same reason I gave Goff the benefit of the doubt because he had Blythe as center. And Evans is even worse than Blythe.

We could have won this game if Morris kept to his 3 quarter game plan in the fourth quarter.

Tano

Legend
I give up you guys win. Fire Morris for doing a good job and let McVay and the offense skate by without being able to get a first drive to finish the game. Clearly the only reason we're sub .500 is Morris. I surrender you win.
sarcastic sarcasm GIF

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
13 points is what it took for the Patriots to win a superbowl against the rams today, we were ahead with under a minute left. What were the odds we lose? 10%, maybe?

I'm not saying fire Morris. I'm asking why he keeps playing the softest zone in the league when having the best corner in the league. Fucking adjust to what hasn't been working and play to your strengths. Is that so hard? I get it, the offense hasn't done their part, but the defense should have shut down that hurt offense to win the game and the failure was due way more to scheme than personnel. We have 3 hall of famers for Christ's sake.

Tano

Legend
Our offense sucks. We get it. But I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt because we have a shitty ass OL guard in the game.

Same reason I gave Goff the benefit of the doubt because he had Blythe as center. And Evans is even worse than Blythe.

We could have won this game if Morris kept to his 3 quarter game plan in the fourth quarter.
But then we come back to the really most important question that I cannot answer for the life of me

Why oh why oh why oh why do we continue to play Evans?

I don't understand it at all.

When he is getting a PFF score that you basically get in college for spelling your name right on an essay paper, he should not be playing at all. Try someone else.

As everyone says - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The defense is a top end pass rusher away from being really good.

brucebruce

Rookie
Soooo… you’re policing the people you’re calling police?
New article, same conversation.
Just an opinion and, guess what, you can ignore it too!!! Yay!!!

I know that you think youre being clever but, no. I’m laughing at the thread police.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our offense sucks. We get it
Good.
Then why are you bitching about the defense?

Let's see, give Brady 4 tries, in his home stadium, starting at his own 40 with the refs itching to give him a freebie PI call? How is that going to work out?
Counter that with an offense that in 3 tries, goes 3 and out all 3 times, gains a total of -5 yards and eats off less than 5 minutes of clock?

I guess putting blinders on and blaming the DC for the losses is a way some people can avoid facing the real truth of the matter, that the mismanagement of the roster on the offensive side of the ball has destroyed the team, quite possibly irreversibly

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm not saying fire Morris. I'm asking why he keeps playing the softest zone in the league when having the best corner in the league. Fucking adjust to what hasn't been working and play to your strengths. Is that so hard? I get it, the offense hasn't done their part, but the defense should have shut down that hurt offense to win the game and the failure was due way more to scheme than personnel. We have 3 hall of famers for Christ's sake.
Bullshit.

Sorry.. if you're putting the loss on the D, you're just holding on tight to an agenda and simply want to blame the D because you don't like the style.

The D played more than well enough for the Rams to win the game.. the offense was absolutely horrific. Couldn't even get a fucking first down in the 4th.

So.. first off.. the defense didn't fail.. it gave up 16 fucking points on the road.
The offense got nine fucking first downs the entire game and gained 200 fucking yards.

You have 3 hall of famers and a bunch of fucking JAGS right now who are doing their jobs. But there are no playmakers on the D, right now, other than Donald and Ramsey.. and, to a lesser extent, Wagner.

This is all about optics, not about effectiveness.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not for firing Morris, I get his game scheme, but I also get why folks are upset with playing 10-15 yds off the line.