Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You don't want to hear anything that reflects badly on Morris, we've established that over a long time. So just put me on ignore. You'll be happier that way.
You missed where I said that the defense sucked?
Because that reflects pretty bad on him.
Maybe read someone else’s mind?

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Yup. The d sucks. Because any other team that scored 14 points would have won.
Amirite?
We all agree the O has been sucking as well. Mostly because the only way they can move the ball is by smoke and mirrors because our Oline isn't good enough. Even changing the offensive scheme isn't going to help.
Constantly bringing What about the O isn't a defense of the scheme that all of us can see doesn't work. In every game against the niners the analyst brings up the same thing.

Marc Spector

Rookie
whats lost here is, we all understand why the Offense sucks. Very few, if any, NFL teams would have a passable offense with no real #1 back, a revolving door of O-lineman (some of whom wouldnt crack a 52 man roster), and only having a secondary WR manifesting in the past 3 weeks.

The Defense on the other hand is a veritable all star squad in comparison. Yes there were key injuries in the secondary, but Jordan Fueller being out shouldnt make this big of a difference. The D hasnnt looked like they are collectively improving, at all. We see individual spurts at times (today it was Floyd, a few weeks of Ramsey being a athletic freak), but the communication, tackling, and adjustments are looking beyond subpar. Thats on the Coach. And its looked this way since last year. Dont be fooled, Von and a easy 2nd half schedule made Raheem look better than what he is.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Dont be fooled, Von and a easy 2nd half schedule made Raheem look better than what he is.

I'm beginning to think that. He looked great in the post-season last year. But you are not always going to have a HOF edge rusher AND the best DT to ever play the game, at the absolute top of his game. Hell, Larry Marmie would have looked better than he was with that going for him. Most of the time, however, you've got to make due with less than that. The best DCs can do more with less.

And honestly, I really wonder how many people thought we could go into today's game against the 49ers and run the soft zone coverages against them and concede the short passes as we have done so many times before but get different results this time. It's bad enough that he can't come up with an answer (save for the NFCC, when he had Von), but the fact that he never even tries anything different against them is absolutely damning.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm beginning to think that. He looked great in the post-season last year. But you are not always going to have a HOF edge rusher AND the best DT to ever play the game, at the absolute top of his game. Hell, Larry Marmie would have looked better than he was with that going for him. Most of the time, however, you've got to make due with less than that. The best DCs can do more with less.

And honestly, I really wonder how many people thought we could go into today's game against the 49ers and run the soft zone coverages against them and concede the short passes as we have done so many times before but get different results this time. It's bad enough that he can't come up with an answer (save for the NFCC, when he had Von), but the fact that he never even tries anything different against them is absolutely damning.
I'm kinda laughing at people, forgive me, who see this game as some kind of redemption for criticizing soft schemes.

What??? lol

The Rams defense got their ass kicked in multiple ways and "soft zones" were the least of it on the biggest plays.

Nick Scott is fine when he's put into situations where he can read and react... but he's woefully inadequate when it comes to diagnosing.. and in coverage. He got exploited badly on the lateral/pass from McCaffrey to Aiyuk... and got smoked from McCaffrey leaking from the backfield. Jimmy G didn't throw that ball until 4 seconds after the snap.. if you think that has anything to do with "soft zone coverage" at that point... I'd like to ask you to describe to me how.

The scheme shit? No. Not the issue. The execution? Yup.. that's the issue. And if you want to say that Raheem Morris didn't have his players ready... THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE TO ME.

But the scheme wasn't why Ramsey dropped an INT... and the scheme isn't why a forced fumble fell right into the 9ers hands.. that was just some shit luck.. and bad hands.

The defense got blasted.. and that is absolutely on Morris... but not for the reasons some are harping on, imo.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
From Jourdan

Sean McVay reiterates execution was not “in alignment” with plan or expectation on defense - line of scrimmage and back end.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Good question, I read it as he’s putting it on Morris.
I honestly don't know.

He said the execution was not in alignment with the plan or expectation... so, to me.. that says he felt the plan and expectations were appropriate.. those are set by coaches.
The execution? That's players.

Now.... WHY players didn't execute? Poor coaching? Certainly a possibility.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From Jourdan

Sean McVay reiterates execution was not “in alignment” with plan or expectation on defense - line of scrimmage and back end.

He's been blaming execution for 4 years. No matter who's out there or on the sideline every game has been the same.

It's Mcvay. His heart just isn't in it against the whiners in the regular season. The shit scheme doesn't help either.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
He's been blaming execution for 4 years. No matter who's out there or on the sideline every game has been the same.

It's Mcvay. His heart just isn't in it against the whiners in the regular season. The shit scheme doesn't help either.

I'm sick right now, but I'm giving McVay a pass on this one. He made adjustments and we played well in the first half. Opportunities slipped thru our hands in the 2nd half and our defense didn't play defense.

We gotta hope that the Cards and the Sea pigeons beat the whiners.

The Rams have the Cardinals number and for the most part, the sea pigeons. But seas pigeons have the whiner's number as do the cardinals. But damn, I'd be driving off a cliff right now if we hadn't won the NFCCG and the Superbowl last season.

Tano

Legend
I'm sick right now, but I'm giving McVay a pass on this one. He made adjustments and we played well in the first half. Opportunities slipped thru our hands in the 2nd half and our defense didn't play defense.

We gotta hope that the Cards and the Sea pigeons beat the whiners.

The Rams have the Cardinals number and for the most part, the sea pigeons. But seas pigeons have the whiner's number as do the cardinals. But damn, I'd be driving off a cliff right now if we hadn't won the NFCCG and the Superbowl last season.
Yeah but why we did we go to an exclusive soft zone defense on that 3rd qtr drive where we gave up back to back to back 10 yard plays or more.

Plus have you notice - almost all the long running plays are off left tackle.

We really need to find a ROLB who can contain the run.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Well that is undoubtedly what happened yesterday on both of the big plays they gave up. Someone, Scott and Kendricks, didn’t do their job on those plays.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well that is undoubtedly what happened yesterday on both of the big plays they gave up. Someone, Scott and Kendricks, didn’t do their job on those plays.
And Scott got lost on the touchdown McCaffrey caught as well.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still, only allowing 18.1 PPG, top 10 in the league
Work Office GIF

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
quit trolling this thread and make one about the offense.. you would get just as much response on it.
That's cute. Defending a Rams coach, namely our DC is considered trolling? What kind of universe am I living in

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
One of the interesting disconnects when it comes to coverage conversations….

Guys want to play tighter.. not a shell… so, you’re talking about single high safeties, most likely. You’ll be asking more from your safeties in coverage.

Think about that… you’ll be asking more of Taylor Rapp and Nick Scott in coverage.

Tano

Legend
Still, only allowing 18.1 PPG, top 10 in the league
Work Office GIF
Buffalo 31 points - destroyed by the end of the third quarter
SF 31 points -destroyed by the end of the 4th qtr

Again you can say we keep teams under their averages but still not a good defense against teams with decent offenses and good QBs who can take advantage against soft zones

Mariota Rush Carolina 3rd String QB and Murray (who is a crappy QB too against us for whatever reason)

Not impressed

And SFs first game against us was the first game that Crapola had a full week practice and was rusty as hell