Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It's literally the same play :D Ramsey is 10+ yards off his guy the CB opposite him is at least 8 the guys in the middle are closer but still off. It's the same play :D
Honestly.. this thread just hammers home that people don’t really care about facts/details.
It also hammers home, in @oldnotdead’s case… that he has some weird personal agenda when it comes to Morris. Saying one of our coaches that helped win a Super Bowl has no balls is genuinely offensive.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Okay I was wrong on this specific play. They were soft on this particular play but throughout that game they played tight and then they played soft.

Murray never knew what defense they would be in before the snap. And he isn't the fastest reader of defenses.

Whereas now everybody and their mother knows the CBs are going to be 7 - 10 yards off and can make reads based on that information. Crapola knew that he could throw the ball away in the direction that he threw it because he knew no Ram was going to be within 7 yards of that throw.
Serious bullshit response.

At this point, it’s clear you don’t believe in reality.

YOU PICKED TWO PLAYS as examples… and didn’t even know what was happening,

I’m done with you, not the thread.

You don’t know what you’re talking about and don’t care, either, you’ve gone full Cliff Clavin.

Never go full Cliff Clavin.

Tano

Legend
Serious bullshit response.

At this point, it’s clear you don’t believe in reality.

YOU PICKED TWO PLAYS as examples… and didn’t even know what was happening,

I’m done with you, not the thread.

You don’t know what you’re talking about and don’t care, either, you’ve gone full Cliff Clavin.

Never go full Cliff Clavin.
That is NOT A BULLSHIT response. STOP BEING SO FULL OF YOURSELF.

I didn't watch Murrays play as close as I should have and admitted as such. Sheesh.

I should have review Murrays play more closely.

But you can clearly see every Ram 10 yards off the play that Donald ran in on.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Tano showed you a picture of LA and SF. AD is rushing JG. You tell him he is obviously wrong and show Murry throwing a pic six. Not the same play.
Back off and know what you’re referring to before commenting.
He wrote this… and it’s what the picture is about.

“How likely was it that someone intercepted the horrible pass by Murray in the playoffs.

Only happened because Morris played an agressive scheme.

And we can go back and forth all day on whether or not Morris should be playing an agressive scheme based on personnel.”

Tano

Legend
Tano showed you a picture of LA and SF. AD is rushing JG. You tell him he is obviously wrong and show Murry throwing a pic six. Not the same play.
No I mentioned Murray's play as an example. I was wrong there and admitted as such.

But Kupp definitely needs to take a Valium. Calling down people in this forum is just wrong.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly.. this thread just hammers home that people don’t really care about facts/details.
It also hammers home, in @oldnotdead’s case… that he has some weird personal agenda when it comes to Morris. Saying one of our coaches that helped win a Super Bowl has no balls is genuinely offensive.
I swore I was giving up on this thread ages ago. I'm far from what would be called a Morris homer. But the shit he gets it's just beyond silly at this point. People acknowledge even with injuries in the secondary and the lack of production at OLB that the defense is doing good. But they want more. It's mind boggling and I keep getting sucked back in this vortex of stupidity.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I swore I was giving up on this thread ages ago. I'm far from what would be called a Morris homer. But the shit he gets it's just beyond silly at this point. People acknowledge even with injuries in the secondary and the lack of production at OLB that the defense is doing good. But they want more. It's mind boggling and I keep getting sucked back in this vortex of stupidity.
I hear you.

And I think Morris is a good DC.. not great or special.

I do think he was helpful to McVay as a person who could say shit to McVay that others might not because of their relationship.

But.. yeah… it’s weird.
Thanks for commiserating lol

Tano

Legend
Not cool man

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I skimmed over where tano mensioned murry and only saw kupped posted video. We are getting a little repetative.
I apologize for my lazy reading habits and that post.
Didnt mean to make you yell. LOL.

Tano

Legend
There's a lot of that here and in GDT's.
I have never called anyone stupid or put them down in any way shape of form unless I am messing with someone

I expect the same type of treatment back to me.

You can do whatever to others but I try to be respectful of everyone.

Tano

Legend
I have never called anyone stupid or put them down in any way shape of form unless I am messing with someone

I expect the same type of treatment back to me.

You can do whatever to others but I try to be respectful of everyone.
Oh and one other thing @OldSchool - I have already said I am a greedy shit that I want more interceptions and sacks. And I believe we can with more aggressive defense. And that we have the personnel to do that even with the injuries. I am extremely impressed with Kendrick. That has been the basis of every argument that I have had in this thread.

Tano

Legend
Defensive points allowed, 16 pg, which is 4th best
But as I have stated many times

We are bottom 10 in sacks interceptions and pressures

And with the way our offense has been playing lately, we need all the help we can get from the defense.

Maybe our offense will turn it around this week with the return of Jefferson and Allen because if we can get some semblance of offense in the coming weeks, 16 points will be enough and I can stop advocating a higher aggressive defense.

Maybe we can even start blowing teams out again. That would be cool because I think we have a good enough team to do that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But as I have stated many times

We are bottom 10 in sacks interceptions and pressures
I get it, you like the fancy stats.
Morris is concerned with overall effectiveness, and based on the scoring average, particularly in the last 5 games, he knows what he's doing.
But I do get it, and frankly that's why us fans are hammering away on a keyboard while Morris is standing on the sidelines on Sundays.
With a SB ring on his finger I may add

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Defensive points allowed, 16 pg, which is 4th best

More Importantly W3 - L3
I believe those that think the defense could be more aggressive, might have changed that, by giving the offense more opportunities.
What we see, is dink and dunk, huge cushions, and taking time from the offense instead of press, and trying to get 3 and outs.

It's a philosophy, where we don't believe Coach Morris is using, what we see is a bend don't break, prevent defense.
Nothing of that type shows any attempt to utilize the Pass Rush talent of AD or the Man Coverage skills of Ramsey.

It could be personnel issues.
The thing is, the cushion and anti-pass rush. Cannot argue whether it's bad or not when the defensive play call nullifies it most of the time.
I'm glad we are not getting blown out, but a L is a L and a W is a W.

We may not agree, but those of of are not happy with the 10 yard cushions and easy first downs. Especially when we are behind.
I'm so okay with this style when we are ahead. But when it's 0 - 0 or the Rams are behind, that play style works against the Rams O.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
More Importantly W3 - L3
I believe those that think the defense could be more aggressive, might have changed that, by giving the offense more opportunities.
What we see, is dink and dunk, huge cushions, and taking time from the offense instead of press, and trying to get 3 and outs.

It's a philosophy, where we don't believe Coach Morris is using, what we see is a bend don't break, prevent defense.
Nothing of that type shows any attempt to utilize the Pass Rush talent of AD or the Man Coverage skills of Ramsey.

It could be personnel issues.
The thing is, the cushion and anti-pass rush. Cannot argue whether it's bad or not when the defensive play call nullifies it most of the time.
I'm glad we are not getting blown out, but a L is a L and a W is a W.

We may not agree, but those of of are not happy with the 10 yard cushions and easy first downs. Especially when we are behind.
I'm so okay with this style when we are ahead. But when it's 0 - 0 or the Rams are behind, that play style works against the Rams O.
So the defense needs to abandon a sound approach because the offense can’t do its job.

Got it.

The Rams won time of possession in two of their losses. That doesn’t jive with your scenario.

Points are THE most important defensive stat.

It is personnel and that’s easy to see and understand if you followed last season’s defensive performance over the course of the season.

Thing is the cushion doesn’t automatically equal anything.

Those hellaciously long drives? Well.. for example.. the Niners home game against the Rams last year featured SF running the ball down the Rams throat.
That's not happening against the Rams this year. The 9ers ran for 156 yards against the Rams last November.. only 88 the last time they played.
The niners DID NOT have any of those soul-sucking long drives against the Rams.. because they weren't able to run against them the same way.. that's one of the reasons that they may have gotten McCaffrey.

I guess what I'm saying is that you don't put much thought into what you're posting and don't do any research to backup your feelings that you get when you see the Rams playing softer zone coverage.