Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Ebukam is weak against the run. I like Floyd better even if his sack totals are bad.
And Floyd is very weak as a pass rusher.
What’s the Rams biggest weakness on D, again?
Floyd would not be playing ahead of Ebukam.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
@Tano
All you need to do is quote the posters response… “@“ them on this thread… paste their post and type your response here.

Tano

Legend
And Floyd is very weak as a pass rusher.
What’s the Rams biggest weakness on D, again?
Floyd would not be playing ahead of Ebukam.
And I have stressed that the soft zone is keeping the pass rush from getting to the QB. I can't stress that enough.

The pass rush is NOT (I REPEAT NOT) as bad as the stats say.

Man to Man from time to time and we will get more sacks and interceptions.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
And I have stressed that the soft zone is keeping the pass rush from getting to the QB. I can't stress that enough.

The pass rush is NOT (I REPEAT NOT) as bad as the stats say.

Man to Man from time to time and we will get more sacks and interceptions.
I know that *fact* about release time.
I also know they aren’t getting pressure on passing downs.

We’re not talking about sacks being down a little.. they’re awful.

I can’t stress enough what happens when you play press coverage with inexperienced corners and don’t get a pass rush. You get repeatedly gashed and destroyed over the top.

Again.. I expect them to mix in more tight coverage as the season goes on. But he’s playing a 6th round rookie and has been playing a UDFA.

Man coverage is a recipe for disaster when you don’t have the corners for it or the pass rush.

And…. AGAIN… the D is giving up 16 points a game.

Tano

Legend
I know that *fact* about release time.
I also know they aren’t getting pressure on passing downs.

We’re not talking about sacks being down a little.. they’re awful.

I can’t stress enough what happens when you play press coverage with inexperienced corners and don’t get a pass rush. You get repeatedly gashed and destroyed over the top.

Again.. I expect them to mix in more tight coverage as the season goes on. But he’s playing a 6th round rookie and has been playing a UDFA.

Man coverage is a recipe for disaster when you don’t have the corners for it or the pass rush.

And…. AGAIN… the D is giving up 16 points a game.
You and I are just not going to agree about our personnel

Tano

Legend
When I see Donald rush a passer unblocked at full speed to a QB and still be too late to get to the passer, that means the QB has way too much free reign on getting passes out to uncovered receivers.

You will NOT convince me otherwise.

1666982073726.png

No way you can get to the passer when a reciever is wide open before donald is even halfway to the QB

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
When I see Donald rush a passer unblocked at full speed to a QB and still be too late to get to the passer, that means the QB has way too much free reign on getting passes out to uncovered receivers.

You will NOT convince me otherwise.

View attachment 57140

No way you can get to the passer when a reciever is wide open before donald is even halfway to the QB
Lol..

What happened with that pass?
Oh, yeah... he realized his WRs were covered and he checked down to his RB but couldn't complete it because of Donald.

What do you think the press coverage would've changed there?????

Here's the link..

Tano

Legend
Lol..

What happened with that pass?
Oh, yeah... he realized his WRs were covered and he checked down to his RB but couldn't complete it because of Donald.

What do you think the press coverage would've changed there?????

Here's the link..

I have already stated that if they played press coverage on that play, a high chance of either an interception fumble grounding or sack would have occurred.

There was a guy wide open that if Donald was blocked for a split second, Crapola would have been able to complete the pass for 5 to 10 yards. Look how far back EVERY RAM secondary player is on that play.

All of them no closer than 8 to 10 yards of the line of scrimmage

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have already stated that if they played press coverage on that play, a high chance of either an interception fumble grounding or sack would have occurred.

There was a guy wide open that if Donald was blocked for a split second, Crapola would have been able to complete the pass for 5 to 10 yards. Look how far back EVERY RAM secondary player is on that play.

All of them no closer than 8 to 10 yards of the line of scrimmage
But, you’re clearly wrong.

Jimmy looked that way.. saw the coverage *post snap* and realized it was covered and went to his outlet.

Jimmy looked that way. It’s on the video.. and went to his outlet.

You’re simply wrong. Sorry.

Tano

Legend
But, you’re clearly wrong.

Jimmy looked that way.. saw the coverage *post snap* and realized it was covered and went to his outlet.

Jimmy looked that way. It’s on the video.. and went to his outlet.

You’re simply wrong. Sorry.
I am talking about the outlet guy. He would have gotten 10 yards probably because of how far back they were.

Not one Ram - not one were within 5 yards of him

A close Ram covering the outlet may have been able to intercept that horrible pass. Not likely but possible.

How likely was it that someone intercepted the horrible pass by Murray in the playoffs.

Only happened because Morris played an agressive scheme.

And we can go back and forth all day on whether or not Morris should be playing an agressive scheme based on personnel.

I say YES - you say NO

We are just saying the same thing over and over and over again just with different words.

We should just end our discussion.

"HEARS CHEERS FROM THE RAMS BOARD"

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I am talking about the outlet guy. He would have gotten 10 yards probably because of how far back they were.

Not one Ram - not one were within 5 yards of him

A close Ram covering the outlet may have been able to intercept that horrible pass. Not likely but possible.

How likely was it that someone intercepted the horrible pass by Murray in the playoffs.

Only happened because Morris played an agressive scheme.

And we can go back and forth all day on whether or not Morris should be playing an agressive scheme based on personnel.

I say YES - you say NO

We are just saying the same thing over and over and over again just with different words.

We should just end our discussion.

"HEARS CHEERS FROM THE RAMS BOARD"
Sorry… but, again, you’re wrong.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4WUVswumIAs

oldnotdead

Legend

That was when Morris was playing aggressively which is not what he's doing now. go ahead and count how many Rams are inside 5 yards on that play.

Now Morris has his DBs playing 10 yds off the LOS and there is no way in hell they can stop a quick 5 yard throw. Everyone is enthralled with Kendrick except me. He's another Troy Hill, i.e. a scheme dependent CB. Kendrick like Hill is strictly a zone CB which is why Morris plays him over Rochell. Rochell is more like Ramsey, i.e. better in man coverage than zone. When Kendrick has to cover a WR deep his lack of speed is very apparent. That said even Troy Hill is faster than Kendrick.

Durant can play zone or man but he's better in man. Did you watch the Tampa game? Did you note how the secondary gave their 4 man rush time to get to Brady? They did it with tight coverage. TB ate up zone coverage but had to hold the ball when they played tight man coverage.

What makes Morris a shit DC is that he learned nothing from last year. His defense played lights out when they tightened up. They still do. Why does he wait until they are on the Ram's side of the field? Because he's playing not to lose instead of playing to win. That's why he's not a HC and didn't even get a whiff at being one last year. Because he's Sean's bro we are stuck with this loser.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That was when Morris was playing aggressively which is not what he's doing now. go ahead and count how many Rams are inside 5 yards on that play.

Now Morris has his DBs playing 10 yds off the LOS and there is no way in hell they can stop a quick 5 yard throw. Everyone is enthralled with Kendrick except me. He's another Troy Hill, i.e. a scheme dependent CB. Kendrick like Hill is strictly a zone CB which is why Morris plays him over Rochell. Rochell is more like Ramsey, i.e. better in man coverage than zone. When Kendrick has to cover a WR deep his lack of speed is very apparent. That said even Troy Hill is faster than Kendrick.

Durant can play zone or man but he's better in man. Did you watch the Tampa game? Did you note how the secondary gave their 4 man rush time to get to Brady? They did it with tight coverage. TB ate up zone coverage but had to hold the ball when they played tight man coverage.

What makes Morris a shit DC is that he learned nothing from last year. His defense played lights out when they tightened up. They still do. Why does he wait until they are on the Ram's side of the field? Because he's playing not to lose instead of playing to win. That's why he's not a HC and didn't even get a whiff at being one last year. Because he's Sean's bro we are stuck with this loser.
Nope

Attachments

• 98F2A31C-F036-4D2C-B04C-B72F1E23BCF9.png
    98F2A31C-F036-4D2C-B04C-B72F1E23BCF9.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 30

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So he shows you a play that proves his point . You post a play that has nothing to do with his or your argument to try and deflect the fact that his point is valid and substatiated.
ITS THE SAME GODDAMN PLAY

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So he shows you a play that proves his point . You post a play that has nothing to do with his or your argument to try and deflect the fact that his point is valid and substatiated.
It's literally the same play :D Ramsey is 10+ yards off his guy the CB opposite him is at least 8 the guys in the middle are closer but still off. It's the same play :D

Tano

Legend
I honestly think you’re trolling me, at this point.
I honestly think you’re trolling me, at this point. View attachment 57144
Okay I was wrong on this specific play. They were soft on this particular play but throughout that game they played tight and then they played soft.

Murray never knew what defense they would be in before the snap. And he isn't the fastest reader of defenses.

Whereas now everybody and their mother knows the CBs are going to be 7 - 10 yards off and can make reads based on that information. Crapola knew that he could throw the ball away in the direction that he threw it because he knew no Ram was going to be within 7 yards of that throw.