Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Reading this thread...

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Garopollo throws for 232 yards, with 2 TD passes, 49ers score 17 points and Morris is a genius
Garopollo throws for 239 yards, with 1 TD pass, 49ers score 17 points on the defense, and Morris is a stooge
Wonder what the difference was in those 2 games?
Exactly.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I read forever (since he arrive as Ram's top draft selection) that Taylor Rapp's best skill was tackling.....:laugh4:

Now after the past 9'ers game clearly put a complete bright light on the above previous myth what are those Rapp fans going to sell me now? A book on how to accept mythology?

It's clear to me that I am positively looking forward to watching Ram's new safeties Lake & Yeast on the field with Rapp enjoying his UFA 'cy next season
What Rapp fans

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
What Rapp fans

I'm a Rapp fan. I understand why others don't like him as a player, but I'm a fan of him as a person, and I think he isn't as bad as others think; just that he's used wrong by Morris. He absolutely needs to be in the box; if he's put in coverage, he'll struggle. Unfortunately, we have Wagner and Jones, so I think that we'll have to trade him to a team in need of a box safety if he ever sees his true potential.

I'm also a Fuller fan. Even with his injuries, I think he's the most talented strong safety we have on this team. Nick Scott is obviously our most talented safety, but like with JJ3, I doubt we keep him on the team; we simply don't value our safeties the same as others, which I honestly think is the best philosophy when it comes to defense.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Me too, but he has decided to morph back into the DC that we had for the regular season.
This is the crux, isn't it?

Either you believe that the Rams have personnel limitations that don't allow them to play that style or you don't.

It's really that simple.

And, to me, CLEARLY, they don't have the horses on D. Pass rush is anemic and they're playing their 5th and 6th corners.. and doing pretty damn well at surviving that.

For some people... removing an HOF edge player still playing at his peak... and a corner who got a three-year deal that could be worth up to $39 million dollars.. a rotational edge who got a 3 million contract and was playing well in the playoffs... Weddle and Sebastian Joseph day, who also got a big contract... shouldn't matter in regards to how your defense plays.

Tano

Legend

Either you believe that the Rams have personnel limitations that don't allow them to play that style or you don't.

It's really that simple.

And, to me, CLEARLY, they don't have the horses on D. Pass rush is anemic and they're playing their 5th and 6th corners.. and doing pretty damn well at surviving that.

For some people... removing an HOF edge player still playing at his peak... and a corner who got a three-year deal that could be worth up to $39 million dollars.. a rotational edge who got a 3 million contract and was playing well in the playoffs... Weddle and Sebastian Joseph day, who also got a big contract... shouldn't matter in regards to how your defense plays.
And I believe they have the horses. I have high confidence in Rochelle to play a man CB with Ramsey but Morris wants to play it safe with a zone CB in Kendricks.

It's not a bad defense. Actually it is a good defense but with the offense struggling like it is, I want a better defense that can possibly get sacks and turnovers if they mix it up a lot more with an aggressive defense. Morris (possibly with McVay's instructions) are playing it too safe imho. I think they should trust their players on the defensive side more.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

It's really that simple.

That is the crux. We saw last year Morris's tendency to back off. As I said earlier, after dominating the first half of the last game of the season against SF he started to do the protect the lead crap instead of doing what had been working. It let them back in the game. This as you know was while playing with Miller.

After that game it was obvious that they change to a way more aggressive D and as we saw it paid off.

Now I don't expect the same awesome pass rush. We don't have 2 hall of fame players on the front. What I do expect is to give the D line a chance to get to the QB by taking away the quick stuff that we seem to think is safer. I don't think it is safer. I think it puts our D out there for far to many plays, which in turn increases the chance for the other team to find our holes. Plus I believe it risks more injury.

I also believe that Morris will call this same style of D even with totally healthy D. We started out with it in the first game. Now it will work better with a healthy D, I just think, especially against the Whiners, it plays against our strengths and weakens our entire team.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
That is the crux. We saw last year Morris's tendency to back off. As I said earlier, after dominating the first half of the last game of the season against SF he started to do the protect the lead crap instead of doing what had been working. It let them back in the game. This as you know was while playing with Miller.

After that game it was obvious that they change to a way more aggressive D and as we saw it paid off.

Now I don't expect the same awesome pass rush. We don't have 2 hall of fame players on the front. What I do expect is to give the D line a chance to get to the QB by taking away the quick stuff that we seem to think is safer. I don't think it is safer. I think it puts our D out there for far to many plays, which in turn increases the chance for the other team to find our holes. Plus I believe it risks more injury.

I also believe that Morris will call this same style of D even with totally healthy D. We started out with it in the first game. Now it will work better with a healthy D, I just think, especially against the Whiners, it plays against our strengths and weakens our entire team.
I’m sorry…. They lost their starting FS and the strong safety was concussed.
Blown assignments and injuries were the issues on the last drive on defense in wk 18.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Yeah, I don’t.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I’m sorry…. They lost their starting FS and the strong safety was concussed.
Blown assignments and injuries were the issues on the last drive on defense in wk 18.
what about the last drive of the 1st half?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
what about the last drive of the 1st half?
Teams have bad drives.

All of them.

And.. holistically… which side of the ball fucked up more in that game?

How did the 9ers get the ball, in both cases? End of half and game?
Keep the ball just one of those.. Rams win. Actually.. last possessions of 2nd Q, 4th & OT before the scores?
How easily we forget.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
One take I’ve seen in more than one place…
The touchdown run? Perfect call and perfect execution… nothing busted on Rams D. It happens.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Teams have bad drives.

All of them.

And.. holistically… which side of the ball fucked up more in that game?

How did the 9ers get the ball, in both cases? End of half and game?
Keep the ball just one of those.. Rams win. Actually.. last possessions of 2nd Q, 4th & OT before the scores?
How easily we forget.
Again, whatabout the offense means nothing. Not an argument. What about the D. All SF scoring drives were long drives. the first 3 points 6 plays 61 yards to end the half. they got the ball first in the second half, 7 plays 75yards. Then 11 plays 74 yard for another td and tie the game.

Maybe if the D kept the aggressive style on at the end of the first half they don't score. Now they can't tie it at the end of the game. Maybe they don't gain the momentum that carries them to the win.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Again, whatabout the offense means nothing. Not an argument. What about the D. All SF scoring drives were long drives. the first 3 points 6 plays 61 yards to end the half. they got the ball first in the second half, 7 plays 75yards. Then 11 plays 74 yard for another td and tie the game.

Maybe if the D kept the aggressive style on at the end of the first half they don't score. Now they can't tie it at the end of the game. Maybe they don't gain the momentum that carries them to the win.
Again.. at the end of the 4th and OT.. they're playing without their 2 starting safeties.
Means nothing to you when it comes to coverages.. I got it.

I just rewatched the tying drive in week 18... I want you to tell me the spots where it was scheme, not execution that cost the Rams. Ramsey got beat by Aiyuk.. then completely fucked up on the Deebo play. These weren't quick-hitting underneath routes that people complain about.. they were downfield.

So.. show me the scheme issue.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Again.. at the end of the 4th and OT.. they're playing without their 2 starting safeties.
Means nothing to you when it comes to coverages.. I got it.

I just rewatched the tying drive in week 18... I want you to tell me the spots where it was scheme, not execution that cost the Rams. Ramsey got beat by Aiyuk.. then completely fucked up on the Deebo play. These weren't quick-hitting underneath routes that people complain about.. they were downfield.

So.. show me the scheme issue.
See, I keep talking about how backing off cost us 3 points at the end of the first half. and the 2 TDs after that. Before the injuries. The drives that could have stopped the comeback run before we lost our safeties and quite frankly you kind of make my point. When we continue to bend but don't break we are on the field a lot more and risk more.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
See, I keep talking about how backing off cost us 3 points at the end of the first half. and the 2 TDs after that. Before the injuries. The drives that could have stopped the comeback run before we lost our safeties and quite frankly you kind of make my point. When we continue to bend but don't break we are on the field a lot more and risk more.
Weird how the Rams had so many more plays and dominated time of possession.

I guess the 9ers were playing soft, prevent D?