Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
I get the concepts as well,but IMO it’s always about down & distance, as well as mixing it up & not being too vanilla.
What I am saying here as well. Right now I believe Morris defense is too vanilla with all his soft zones. I want him to change it up more.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Um…what???
Yeah - exactly.

When you see a player on the field that really shouldn’t be pisses me off if they mess up.Your talking about short term memory.

News flash - we don’t always see things the same way.I’m always looking at the roster & players we don’t even know much about or if they are on the game day roster makes things harder to follow.Spotting a player that should have made a play or is out of position is something Sean Mcvay pointed out after the game.

So I’ll just get my Shaun Jolly out of this one. Freaking why was he on the field ? His F’ up has to be on somebody if I got the number right.

Grant Haley is another story. Mcvay likes his game.He was been with The Rams since last season.

Tano

Legend
Yeah - exactly.

When you see a player on the field that really shouldn’t be pisses me off if they mess up.Your talking about short term memory.

News flash - we don’t always see things the same way.I’m always looking at the roster & players we don’t even know much about or if they are on the game day roster makes things harder to follow.Spotting a player that should have made a play or is out of position is something Sean Mcvay pointed out after the game.

So I’ll just get my Shaun Jolly out of this one. Freaking why was he on the field ? His F’ up has to be on somebody if I got the number right.

Grant Haley is another story. Mcvay likes his game.He was been with The Rams since last season.
Grant Haley messed up on the Deebo run as well by turning completely around on that run. I was really annoyed with Grant Haley on this run just as much as I was annoyed with Rapp missing the tackle.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Yeah - exactly.

Clearly, don’t need to be part of this “conversation.” I have no clue what or who you think you’re responding to.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Garopollo throws for 232 yards, with 2 TD passes, 49ers score 17 points and Morris is a genius
Garopollo throws for 239 yards, with 1 TD pass, 49ers score 17 points on the defense, and Morris is a stooge
Wonder what the difference was in those 2 games?

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Garopollo throws for 232 yards, with 2 TD passes, 49ers score 17 points and Morris is a genius
Garopollo throws for 239 yards, with 1 TD pass, 49ers score 17 points on the defense, and Morris is a stooge
Wonder what the difference was in those 2 games?
1 Pass TD and 7 yards

Jacobarch

Legend
Name
Jake
Who said it was new? Not me - do you really think our defense has been "Bad" all these years.

It's not an "Excuse" its called strategy - when we turned to more of a zone based approach our scoring defense has been overall better than in the Phillips years where we played man to man.
Has our defense has been suspect all these years? Yes Have they finished on high notes? Yes. Have they started slow and gotten better? Yes.
Should our defense be better than it is with the following players....
Future HOFers Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey, and possibly Bobby Wagner.
Pro bowlers Leonard Floyd, Troy Hill, Gains
Not to mention great players in Jones and A Robinson. Yes, we should be better.

Here's the thing our defensive scheme is made to protect leads. The Rams are banking on that we can score more points than you. We're banking on that they're going to be passing the ball to catch up and the Rams capitalizing having one of the best cbs in the league making a play on the ball. Or the best DT to ever play the game sacking your QB. So I do understand the overall thinking behind the Rams basic philosophies.
What I don't understand is why the Rams never really seem to have a plan B. And that seems to be a problem on both sides of the ball. And that has to do with scheme. Sitting back in those zone defenses isn't scaring anyone right now. And our overall passing defensive numbers prove that.

Speaking of plan B.
You're wrong on Wade Phillips mostly running man coverages.
He actually liked to play a Matchup Zone. It's a man zone essentially. It takes pieces of both man-to-man and zone and combines them into a defense which can confuse even the best quarterbacks – like Tom Brady – and the best of defenses can play it due to tremendous talent, solid study habits and top-notch communication.
In the Superbowl against the Patriots he did play more man defense but he also used zone disguises to fool Tom Brady. Which I'll add worked fantastically.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Clearly, don’t need to be part of this “conversation.” I have no clue what or who you think you’re responding to.
Ditto - Tano said it was Grant Haley that turned his back on the Deebo pass catch that Rapp messed up on. Sean Mcvay has been high on him. I believe #36. #38 is Shaun Jolly who I’ve never heard of for some reason that number popped up as well confusing me on if Grant Haley is #36 who is number #38 who messed up on special teams.
We can talk about
Peters
Talib
JJ43
Eric Weedle
D. Willimas
Jack Rabbit
Tru the 2 time Franchise of the Sean Mcvay first year.
DD21 or the missing of the 2nd calling of Troy Hill
OJ Atogwe
Bartell
Darin Stewart who was a Wade guy
Bradly Fletcher

then go back to all the David Long haters who is in a contract year & drafted in between Rapp & Scott.

JJ Joyner got the Rams a comp pick ,EJ a 5th rd? M. Alexander cut mid-season after being a starter.

Most of the above I forgot about,but if we’re talking about Monday which was 4 days ago I was confused about 36 & 38. Wondering who was who & not knowing who Shaun Jolly was or is if it was 38 & not 36? You tell me that one if you so are inclined.

Can’t wait for a O’Day maybe the next Roger Saffold number wise for the Old Union Oil if we want to talk about 76 or the oil prices.Even talking 3 Carters on the roster which to are TJ & one is Roger.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Has our defense has been suspect all these years? Yes Have they finished on high notes? Yes. Have they started slow and gotten better? Yes.

Here's the thing our defensive scheme is made to protect leads. The Rams are banking on that we can score more points than you. We're banking on that they're going to be passing the ball to catch up and the Rams capitalizing having one of the best cbs in the league making a play on the ball. Or the best DT to ever play the game sacking your QB. So I do understand the overall thinking behind the Rams basic philosophies.
What I don't understand is why the Rams never really seem to have a plan B. And that seems to be a problem on both sides of the ball. And that has to do with scheme. Sitting back in those zone defenses isn't scaring anyone right now. And our overall passing defensive numbers prove that.

Speaking of plan B.
He actually liked to play a Matchup Zone. It's a man zone essentially. It takes pieces of both man-to-man and zone and combines them into a defense which can confuse even the best quarterbacks – like Tom Brady – and the best of defenses can play it due to tremendous talent, solid study habits and top-notch communication.
In the Superbowl against the Patriots he did play more man defense but he also used zone disguises to fool Tom Brady. Which I'll add worked fantastically.

Well Wade liked that guy The Rams drafted in 2017 & Cooper Kupp’s ex-ream mate twice in Ebukham who had a nice hello I don’t remember you because of my short term memory.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Ditto - Tano said it was Grant Haley that turned his back on the Deebo pass catch that Rapp messed up on. Sean Mcvay has been high on him. I believe #36. #38 is Shaun Jolly who I’ve never heard of for some reason that number popped up as well confusing me on if Grant Haley is #36 who is number #38 who messed up on special teams.
We can talk about
Peters
Talib
JJ43
Eric Weedle
D. Willimas
Jack Rabbit
Tru the 2 time Franchise of the Sean Mcvay first year.
DD21 or the missing of the 2nd calling of Troy Hill
OJ Atogwe
Bartell
Darin Stewart who was a Wade guy
Bradly Fletcher

then go back to all the David Long haters who is in a contract year & drafted in between Rapp & Scott.

JJ Joyner got the Rams a comp pick ,EJ a 5th rd? M. Alexander cut mid-season after being a starter.

Most of the above I forgot about,but if we’re talking about Monday which was 4 days ago I was confused about 36 & 38. Wondering who was who & not knowing who Shaun Jolly was or is if it was 38 & not 36? You tell me that one if you so are inclined.

Can’t wait for a O’Day maybe the next Roger Saffold number wise for the Old Union Oil if we want to talk about 76 or the oil prices.Even talking 3 Carters on the roster which to are TJ & one is Roger.
I have not commented on any of that so…

Never mind.:explode1:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I do not necessarily disagree with this but, like someone mentioned earlier, Kendricks made the first mistake. But 4-year veteran Rapp missing the tackle is unacceptable.
I read forever (since he arrive as Ram's top draft selection) that Taylor Rapp's best skill was tackling.....:laugh4:

Now after the past 9'ers game clearly put a complete bright light on the above previous myth what are those Rapp fans going to sell me now? A book on how to accept mythology?

It's clear to me that I am positively looking forward to watching Ram's new safeties Lake & Yeast on the field with Rapp enjoying his UFA 'cy next season

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend

Speaking of plan B.
The defense absolutely has not been suspect all those years... we have been considered to be a good to great defense most of those years.

And absolutely never have we been a bad defense.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I read your reply and thought "is this guy new here or something?"

AvengerRam, meet So Ram.

He marches to the off-beat of a different tuba and his style might not be your Kupp of Mr. T but he means no arms. Greg the leg but Hekker was from the ducks. But that's a different story?

He's not trying to be a dick or confrontational. He's just here to read and write about the Rams like the rest of us.

There's many different colors in the Rams weirdo rainbow and I've always said variety is the price is right? Wong, David OL on our practice squad from after Mardy Gilyard wasn't but I didn’t know until Jeff Fisher was in a helicopter..

I only kid because I care. I might not know what he's talking about....

.... but I do know how hard it can be to communicate. I know how much lymes disease and head injuries - and who the hell knows - have affected my own ability to express my thoughts in coherent ways. It's fucking brutal. Speaking and writing were strengths all throughout school but around my 18th birthday it started getting harder and harder to find the most basic words.... or the first names of my family and friends... it came out of nowhere and I thought I would lose speech entirely. I've managed to recover a lot but it's still always there, still embarrassing to have to pause before finding words like "wrench" or "apartment" or totally avoiding using any names when an acquaintance greets me with my own. Better they think I'm a flake who calls everyone "dude" or "my friend" ... better that than pausing for an awkward eternity to find the name of someone you've known for years and run into regularly...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

AvengerRam, meet So Ram.

He marches to the off-beat of a different tuba and his style might not be your Kupp of Mr. T but he means no arms. Greg the leg but Hekker was from the ducks. But that's a different story?

He's not trying to be a dick or confrontational. He's just here to read and write about the Rams like the rest of us.

There's many different colors in the Rams weirdo rainbow and I've always said variety is the price is right? Wong, David OL on our practice squad from after Mardy Gilyard wasn't but I didn’t know until Jeff Fisher was in a helicopter..

.... but I do know how hard it can be to communicate. I know how much lymes disease and head injuries - and who the hell knows - have affected my own ability to express my thoughts in coherent ways. It's fucking brutal. Speaking and writing were strengths all throughout school but around my 18th birthday it started getting harder and harder to find the most basic words.... or the first names of my family and friends... it came out of nowhere and I thought I would lose speech entirely. I've managed to recover a lot but it's still always there, still embarrassing to have to pause before finding words like "wrench" or "apartment" or totally avoiding using any names when an acquaintance greets me with my own. Better they think I'm a flake who calls everyone "dude" or "my friend" ... better that than pausing for an awkward eternity to find the name of someone you've known for years and run into regularly...
Hekker was a Beaver. The Myth about Stan & the helicopter ride is particularly true? He knew what he was getting into & the direction he wanted to go. If you wanted to know what Dodgers Fans want to think about Kronke they’d probably say they are glad The Rams are back in LA.If it wasn’t for Magic then SoFI would be in question? Who knows what Stan was really thinking when he put in a Great bid to buy The Dodgers & what that would have meant to The City of LA Sports. Actually a mystery,but very close to happening. Easy to turn a blind eye,but facts are facts & history is history. We move on.
—Fisher flying to see Brian Quick is another story.Was the Cinncy WR even more of a bust?Have no clue.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just to add Bad News - have an excellent weekend. The Rams need a win in a Big Way.I’m not predicting or going to lose any sleep over this game.Then again I have to predict The Rams with a Lossing record after 5 games. That brings up the question of Sean Mcvay ever being below .500 after the first 5 games of a season as HC? My believe is no,especially having 3 of the 5 being Home Games.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
God I wish someone would kill this thread.
Just don’t attend the party & be a no show. Nobody will miss you.

Then again, who knows if there is a genie that can Grant(Haley) you that wish since he missed a couple tackles that didn’t help in the Rams 9er loss.

Bonifay’d wished for a healthy (Quentin) Lake to be added to the 53.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The defense absolutely has not been suspect all those years... we have been considered to be a good to great defense most of those years.

And absolutely never have we been a bad defense.

I wonder how many HOF defensive players The Rams have had under Sean Mcvay & Les Snead together?

I’d say there are a few in the making a few years out.

-Eric Weedle for sure after The Rams 2021(22) SuperBowl victory.
-Suh won one with Tampa & went another with Tampa.Bradford has been out of the league how long?
-Clay Matthews- his years in GBay were special.Sort of disappointed he wasn’t brought back. Rapp & Ramsey gain F’d up against the 9ers if you go back & look back around Xmas2019.
Makes Snead sick to his stomach. Bobby Evans starting only brings back memories even more.Clay & AD99 we’re excellent though getting to Jimmy G.The start of the 7game Lossing streak?
- Von Miller again winning it with The Rams after being SuperBowl MVP w/ Denver.
-Talib? - screwed himself after Mcvay got him back on good terms around the NFL.Why he gets caught up in off the Field on a
J BS is SAD.
-AD99- anyone have a doubt.
- RAMsey- seems to be slipping bit
Of late.
—Bobby Wagner is right there.Will be there for his final games.

Not a bad list of candidates.

Tano

Legend

AvengerRam, meet So Ram.

I frequently have that same problem.

I will be going - you know that animal with 4 legs and a tail umm it has 3 letters in the name not cat but that's it dog.

And don't get me started on names

There will be times where I will call a person by their first name for years and then I have a brain fart and can't remember their first name for the life of me