Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think i mentioned the playoffs didnt i? Seems like usual you ignore my points and then change what i am saying.
So you are saying let the receivers do what the want. Hope the DBs make a tackle after they catch the ball.
I'm saying he's working with what he's got at the moment and doing well enough with it.

I've said it over and over.. so.. who's ignoring what??

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well we can argue back and forth whether Deebo should have been even allowed to catch the ball if their scheme was different.

You will say okay give him the 12 yard pass and I say he should be covered the entire way and not have Kendrick come from behind to break up the pass.

But that we will have to agree to disagree
No.. because I'm not saying that.

But I'm absolutely saying you're not stopping every pass play. So.. what happens after the pass is completed? What's the intent behind the defensive call and what are the factors the coordinator is taking into consideration?

Giving up the pass ain't good... giving up the run because of bad tackling is catastrophic.... HUUUUUUGE DIFFERENCE.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Lets see how he plays it with his guys back. We will never have a miller again, so my guess is, it wont change.

It'll change.. it changed all through last season.. but, will it get to the level it got to without a Hall of Fame edge rusher?

Of course not.

And.. who's fault is it they don't have a real pass rush?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah… I wish we still had that DC that designed the defense that gave up under 19 ppg in last year’s championship run.
Yes.. that was just awful, right? Obviously he had no idea what to do with a talented roster.

Ellard80

Legend
As I mentioned earlier - neither side of the ball has been very impressive....

defense is ranked like 17th... offense like 27th.....

People who constantly bitch about the scheme make me laugh a little bit though... the scheme has been mostly the same for the past 4 years and overall produced quality defenses.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
It'll change.. it changed all through last season.. but, will it get to the level it got to without a Hall of Fame edge rusher?

Of course not.

And.. who's fault is it they don't have a real pass rush?
The coach calling plays where DBS are 10 yards off the receiver allowing the QB the ability to throw the ball before any pass rush gets to him. The Design / Play calling eliminates the pass rush, making the best player on the Rams near useless on pass plays.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
And the offenses job is to score touch downs right? Man our offense was even worse than our defense but lets give them a pass. Not only did they not score but they gave up a touch down too! The level of failure is astounding! Maybe people will come to understand that our loss Monday night wasn't on the defense. They could have done more sure. But the offense failed on a level far beyond the defense. Also McVay says coverage like that is to limit big plays not eliminate them for the record.
Complimentary football. Everthing affects everything. Got it. Not the point. Playing off debo allowed the TD to be possible. Playing aggresive on the 1st and 2 downs only to play back on third and giving up an easy pass for 1st down just wares down the D and allows for the execution to falter later in the drive.

Tano

Legend

But I'm absolutely saying you're not stopping every pass play. So.. what happens after the pass is completed? What's the intent behind the defensive call and what are the factors the coordinator is taking into consideration?

Giving up the pass ain't good... giving up the run because of bad tackling is catastrophic.... HUUUUUUGE DIFFERENCE.
Deebo caught that ball because Kendrick played so far back. Maybe it would have been completed anyway if Kendrick played 5 yards tighter but with the way Crapola was playing Monday night, I have the belief that anything where the receiver was covered after 7 yards was not going to be completed by Crapola.

Yes I think Crapola is a crappy QB if defenses play him tight.

Maybe you think Crapola is a better QB than that but I sure as heck don't.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Yes.. that was just awful, right? Obviously he had no idea what to do with a talented roster.
The story of a Rams fan?
6C54B7D1-F7F9-4971-BA89-057E203456E9.jpeg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ramsey is one of the best tacklers on the team and that one surprised the heck out of me
Jalen RAMsey is an excellent CB & The Rams are lucky to have such a player.
I know he wants to win & The Rams should be better.
Just like AD99 I hold them accountable,& they don’t get a FREE PASS. That said heard some comment about AD99 & being frustrated.That Bosa was the best defender on the field by far.AD99 doesn’t deserve to be DPoY in 2022. I have to question this person’s view. AD made 2 excellent TFL & his stats were 5. for the game.2nd on the team. They also said how the 9ers prepare for him.They have his number & play him twice a season.It’s hard for me not to appreciate AAron Donald.He is so humble & works so hard.He is always getting better.
IMO AD99 is at The Top of his game!! Now how the season plays out & the rest of it.Just really impressed by AD99 NOW more than EVER!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Complimentary football. Everthing affects everything. Got it. Not the point. Playing off debo allowed the TD to be possible. Playing aggresive on the 1st and 2 downs only to play back on third and giving up an easy pass for 1st down just wares down the D and allows for the execution to falter later in the drive.
Poor tackling allowed the two touchdowns which isn't why we lost the game. I did it last year too and I'm going to do it again. The amount of bad takes and overall lack of paying attention to what McVay wants in his defense just so people can whine about our DC just doesn't deserve a thread. I'm out have fun everybody.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
As I mentioned earlier - neither side of the ball has been very impressive....

defense is ranked like 17th... offense like 27th.....

People who constantly bitch about the scheme make me laugh a little bit though... the scheme has been mostly the same for the past 4 years and overall produced quality defenses.
Mediocre is a good description of the defense at the moment.. although it's pretty good against the run (7th)... I just don't see them getting anywhere near "good" with the current pass rush group.
I hope that Bobby Brown can come back and give quality reps on first and second down to keep Gaines and Donald a little fresher for the pass rush.. and I hope they can find a bargain who's *better* than what they currently have.. though it's beyond unlikely they get someone near Miller.
Maybe they get Quinn? Morris runs a bunch of 4 man fronts.. so it would fit those.

Idk.. but the pass rush is, to me, the biggest problem, other than injury, facing this team. Running back would be a close second.

Tano

Legend
And I feel the fans have a right to disagree with a scheme.
And I should add that I don't feel Morris scheme sucks, I just feel it could be so much better.

There's a huge difference.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The coach calling plays where DBS are 10 yards off the receiver allowing the QB the ability to throw the ball before any pass rush gets to him. The Design / Play calling eliminates the pass rush, making the best player on the Rams near useless on pass plays.
Got it you know better than McVay and Morris.

Oh shit! I was going to bow out of this thread and comments like this are the exact reason. Ok now I'm leaving this nonsense.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
And the pass rush isn't good enough to play tight.. you can't count on them getting home.. and counting on DBs to cover more than 3 seconds in tight coverage is playing with fire. Like someone else pointed out... go look at the Lions defense.

Again.. they don't want to give up the huge deep plays over their head. They want to make teams earn every inch.. and hope to stop them from getting in the end zone when the field is compressed.

It's pretty clear and simple. I get it. people don't like that.

Tano

Legend

And also I will say they still shouldn't have had Rapp backing up on the play. What's he doing way back behind the line.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
And the pass rush isn't good enough to play tight.. you can't count on them getting home.. and counting on DBs to cover more than 3 seconds in tight coverage is playing with fire. Like someone else pointed out... go look at the Lions defense.

I wouldn't know, haven't seen it this year. Hasn't even tried it.
I mean Ramsey was upset in the Bills game about it, but they stuck with it because it was tied and we got turnovers in the first half.

You cannot play scared and hope on a mistake by the offense, and no mistake on defense.
Against the 49ers, the Rams defense made mistakes.

Rams are 2-2, almost let the Falcons back in it, got destroyed by the Bills, failed against the 49ers.

The play calling scheme isn't working. Try something different in the first quarter, if it doesn't work go back to the crap that you like that doesn't work either.

Yes we have personnel problems, but the dink and dunk prevent defense is designed for when you are ahead. Not tied or behind.
If the offense is failing then the defense should try and do something to give the offense a chance. Not allow the opposing team to chew up more clock.