Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The way this has worked out has been great for the Rams. As that article pointed out he had to change who he was in coming here. It took him much of the year to really get rolling and have that feel for it. But right now he's getting it done.

If the Rams win this game they will then have the Super Bowl winning DC to complement McVay for another year. And that next year he'll be in command of the scheme from day one and the Rams will be stronger in the regular season as a result, like maybe in that mix finally to pull off a top seed. Not that that's crucial for them but it would be nice to win it all this weekend then win a top seed to kick off next year's playoffs.

Just get this done. :fire1:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody wanting to fire Morris yeah go away. He kept us in this game and won it as much as anybody for us!

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Rams D won the SB.
Morris did a great job.
Brought out the best in his players when the best was needed.

10 points that you can’t do anything about. No chance on bomb face mask, and D held Bengals to a field goal after int.
Also only other TD was on a trick play that fooled a backup.

Glad that Morris is back next season

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Morris was absolutely fantastic. I love how he adjusted. The Bengals had a plan, but after Tee Higgins got that illegitimate score (I will not call that OPI a "touchdown.") and Stafford's pick gave them a short field, he utterly shut them down.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Congrats to Morris and crew they did a great job. Now he can get busy this offseason fixing that back end.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I will absolutely and happily eat crow on this. I was one of his toughest critics all year, but in the playoffs, when he absolutely had to be at his best, he and this defense was fucking money. Shut down the Cardinals, did a great job against the Bucs, shut down the 9ers running game and iced it on the last series, and then sacked the shit out of Burrows in the 2nd half and iced the game again when they had to. Absolute nails.

I'm gonna go marinade the crow in a little bit of Stubb's Moppin' Sauce Marinade (works great with pork chops too, btw), and then chow that shit down with a big-ass smile on my face.

I'm not gonna lie.. I'm enjoying a little victory lap on this particular subject.

You go right ahead. You earned that shit!! And I'm happy to say that you did!

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He finally released the hounds in the second half. I’m not a fan of his (appears to be an incredibly likable guy) but definitely glad he was able to it happen.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He finally released the hounds in the second half. I’m not a fan of his (appears to be an incredibly likable guy) but definitely glad he was able to it happen.
I gotta say.. .. no idea why a Rams fan wouldn't be a fan of Morris at this point.

To each his own.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Morris was quite good when it mattered! Hats off! You simply cannot argue with those defensive results and points against in the playoffs against very good opposition.

Unlike McVay, however, I am not quite ready to eat crow on Morris yet. I still think much of Morris' success is simply due to having a historically good front 7 that takes over games, as opposed to anything Morris draws up. But many DCs would not have been able to win it all, and again, you certainly cannot argue with his results. I am approaching next season with a very open mind and will support him as the Rams try to run it back! He is certainly a capable DC, and we could do much worse. I am just not yet convinced he is not the coaching version of a JAG.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Morris was quite good when it mattered! Hats off! You simply cannot argue with those defensive results and points against in the playoffs against very good opposition.

Unlike McVay, however, I am not quite ready to eat crow on Morris yet. I still think much of Morris' success is simply due to having a historically good front 7 that takes over, games, as opposed to anything Morris draws up. But many DCs would not have been able to win it all, and again, you certainly cannot argue with his results. I am approaching next season with a very open mind and will support him as the Rams try to run it back! He is certainly a capable DC, and we could do much worse. I am just not yet convinced he is not the coaching version of a JAG.
That would be called obstinance ;)

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

Unlike McVay, however, I am not quite ready to eat crow on Morris yet. I still think much of Morris' success is simply due to having a historically good front 7 that takes over, games, as opposed to anything Morris draws up. But many DCs would not have been able to win it all, and again, you certainly cannot argue with his results. I am approaching next season with a very open mind and will support him as the Rams try to run it back! He is certainly a capable DC, and we could do much worse. I am just not yet convinced he is not the coaching version of a JAG.

I love ya brother we usually on same page but @Kupped stuck to Morris and I wouldnt say anyone eating crow but he was right morris made adjustments that helped us win. The biggest adjust was what collinsworth kept pointing out repeatedly the whole second half with how Von Miller was helping by looping the center and causing sacks and confusion and also blitzing the linebacker he made the right adjustments and he has done so in every playoff game. Yes the prevent crap drives me and many others nuts but got to give credit where credit is due.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I've been critical in the past, but since that COVID game, he's been special and I've been so thankful that he adjusted and led this defense!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Anybody wanting to fire Morris yeah go away. He kept us in this game and won it as much as anybody for us!

Nope, I'll stay and instead eat my crow. Morris made huge adjustments in the second half and was the biggest reason the final drive was even relevant. Hats off to him. Dude coached one hell of a game.