Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yes it is tired, this constant pissing and moaning when we're critical of a guys play. Get over yourself and get over it. I never questioned his character quit making shit up it's old. I said he wasn't good yesterday but he made a couple plays. I said the Rams would be better off with somebody else out there in the green dot. I didn't question his effort or character I said he had a bad game. My god get over yourself. Do you think he'll sit there and say he had a good day? I think that shit outfit PFF even had him as the worst Ram graded player. You trying to white knight for everybody is beyond old.

I can still root for Reeder and the Rams in the Super Bowl and think we'd be better off with somebody else starting there.

I'm still a Rams fan if I do this.

I've been critical of play of assorted Rams players when they have a bad game or series or a really bad play that cost us the game. I'm not making it personal and attacking the person. I'm not attacking the organization I'm saying a player was bad on a play/series/game. There's nothing wrong with that.

Your act is getting old quit acting like we can't talk about the good as well as the bad.
You're getting outraged over something I didn't do.. and you're responding in the post where I reiterate.. you didn't question his character and I wasn't suggesting you did. I didn't make up anything.

To ME.. again.. to ME...
I see a team built with a goal and getting to it and all the players contributing.... including Reeder who made a big contribution yesterday.

Again, on a Rams fan board, this is just tired and old to me. They're going to the Super Bowl and the defense held the 9ers to 17 points and 5 rushing yards.

Did Reeder have a bad game? Hell no. Did he have bad plays? Hell yes.

I mean.. the team is going to the fucking Super Bowl and people are going on about a backup ILB being a problem??????

Tano

Legend
When I criticize a player, I try to point out his strengths and weaknesses.

And I am a use the player's strength type of guy.

Raheem hasn't always used his players strengths to the best of their abilities.

But last few games he has done a much better job of scheming alignments to offset some of the players weaknesses.

However, unfortunately, Reeder was left out in the cold yesterday and I do not know why.

His huge weakness is covering players across the middle on 3rd and long. He should have had some help there.

Tano

Legend
You're getting outraged over something I didn't do.. and you're responding in the post where I reiterate.. you didn't question his character and I wasn't suggesting you did. I didn't make up anything.

To ME.. again.. to ME...
I see a team built with a goal and getting to it and all the players contributing.... including Reeder who made a big contribution yesterday.

Again, on a Rams fan board, this is just tired and old to me. They're going to the Super Bowl and the defense held the 9ers to 17 points and 5 rushing yards.

Did Reeder have a bad game? Hell no. Did he have bad plays? Hell yes.

I mean.. the team is going to the fucking Super Bowl and people are going on about a backup ILB being a problem??????
We are worried that his weakness is going to hurt our chances of winning the superbowl.

And I do have to say, my wife all game yesterday was stating why do they keep playing Reeder?

And I responded - they have no one else.

With that said, I hope Jones is healthy enough to replace Reeder.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
What I did like from the defense and it made a HUGE difference was they were wrapping up. When they hit the whiners running back, they were not routinely breaking away from a 2 yard loss and turning it into a 7 yard gain. Instead the whiners had 2nd and 11 or 2nd and 10 a lot.

And that in turn forced rat boy to have to throw the ball more.

I was a bit mad because our pass rush didn't do much and the pressures they got, jimmy grabhispole managed to dump the ball out of bounds instead of the sack.

But overall the defense came through just in time for the offense to score the winning points.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
What I did like from the defense and it made a HUGE difference was they were wrapping up. When they hit the whiners running back, they were not routinely breaking away from a 2 yard loss and turning it into a 7 yard gain.

I was a bit made because our pass rush didn't do much and the pressures they got, jimmy grabhispole managed to dump the ball out of bounds instead of the sack.

But overall the defense came through just in time for the offense to score the winning points.
Agree. Tackling was much improved and it showed the toughness and physicality I hadn't seen all year. They hit and tackled through the 9ers, rather than bounce off of them.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What I did like from the defense and it made a HUGE difference was they were wrapping up. When they hit the whiners running back, they were not routinely breaking away from a 2 yard loss and turning it into a 7 yard gain. Instead the whiners had 2nd and 11 or 2nd and 10 a lot.

I was a bit mad because our pass rush didn't do much and the pressures they got, jimmy grabhispole managed to dump the ball out of bounds instead of the sack.

Yep. Scheme last time against 9ers was fine.. but they missed 19 tackles.

The last drive isn’t even an issue if they executed better,

oldnotdead

Legend
Geez dudes Reeder is a FA and probably won't be extended. He's a comp pick waiting to happen. If anyone gets extended it will be Howard. They drafted their primary ILB in Jones. Howard has the speed lacking in Jones. Pair them up and you have a classic MIKE & MO ILB combo.

To be arguing about a guy who will only play one more game for the Rams is a total waste. Personally, I remember the impact plays he made as well as his failures. But so many of those failures were on Morris for hanging him out to dry unsupported. Reeder is a gap plugger not a cover LB. But Morris acts like he doesn't know the strengths and weaknesses of his players. Anyone taking stock or hanging their hat on PFF grades should understand that PFF is a fraud and even media types are beginning to see it. Coaches have always known it.

So those who hate Reeder get over it because he will be gone after the Rams win the Super Bowl.

Food for thought. The media is playing up AD's ramping up the defense, after which they go out and play lights out. Absolutely true, AD's leadership was clear. But the question remains, where was Morris? That's his job but he's nowhere to be seen. AD realized his guys were not energized. But again why didn't Morris see that? Why wasn't he the one rallying his guys? There is no greater indictment of how bad Morris is than this. AD took it upon himself to ramp up the defense because he could see Morris could care less or was so blind he couldn't see it. This is why IMO Morris should be fired after the Super Bowl. IMO this is of greater concern heading into the game.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Kind of surprising since these are what should be the best 2 weeks and best feeling you can get over the 2 weeks in between games period. No way to top this period as a fan
WOW! switch Reeder for Jimmy G and this thread could be on the niner forum.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
Geez dudes Reeder is a FA and probably won't be extended. He's a comp pick waiting to happen. If anyone gets extended it will be Howard. They drafted their primary ILB in Jones. Howard has the speed lacking in Jones. Pair them up and you have a classic MIKE & MO ILB combo.

To be arguing about a guy who will only play one more game for the Rams is a total waste. Personally, I remember the impact plays he made as well as his failures. But so many of those failures were on Morris for hanging him out to dry unsupported. Reeder is a gap plugger not a cover LB. But Morris acts like he doesn't know the strengths and weaknesses of his players. Anyone taking stock or hanging their hat on PFF grades should understand that PFF is a fraud and even media types are beginning to see it. Coaches have always known it.

So those who hate Reeder get over it because he will be gone after the Rams win the Super Bowl.

Food for thought. The media is playing up AD's ramping up the defense, after which they go out and play lights out. Absolutely true, AD's leadership was clear. But the question remains, where was Morris? That's his job but he's nowhere to be seen. AD realized his guys were not energized. But again why didn't Morris see that? Why wasn't he the one rallying his guys? There is no greater indictment of how bad Morris is than this. AD took it upon himself to ramp up the defense because he could see Morris could care less or was so blind he couldn't see it. This is why IMO Morris should be fired after the Super Bowl. IMO this is of greater concern heading into the game.
That's true but that one more game is the Super Bowl.

I would rather have Reeder only in their on running downs.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Does anyone have that AD speech during the game in a clip or maybe a presser where he addresses it?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Not sure I agree.

I dislike Morris. I am with you on that. I consider him a JAG (just another guy). Many people use that term for players, but I consider it fair for coaches as well. He's not awful, but far from good. Almost never a difference maker. With an inability to take away the middle of the field, which I actually consider a fatal flaw, such that I think the Rams should move on. I'd be able to live with him staying, if for no other reason than continuity (for once!) and the potential of compensation picks if he departs thereafter.

Morris has improved greatly in the playoffs, I'll give him that. But when the only time you can look at the defense and say "this defence is playing great!" is when the front 7 completely takes over the game/trenches.... the DC can't get credit for that. Not when the front 7 has names like Donald, Miller, Floyd, Gaines, Robinson, SJD, Okoronkwo, Hollins, and Lewis on it. We have starting quality players as depth pieces. Any DC would have plenty of games where this front 7 dominates and makes him look good.

I also think his player evaluation is highly, highly questionable. How is it that Rapp started over Scott, Long over Rochell, Gains could not earn meaningful snaps, Reeder/Young over Howard and Jones, Williams regressing to a massive degree... what is he even watching in practice to get it wrong so many times? It's a very concerning trend when, almost without fail, the "next man up" due to injury proves more capable.:thinking: People often hate on my posts against Morris, but there is no Rams fan that can sit there with a straight face and deny the previous sentence. The only thing keeping it from being a completely damning fact is that, if the next men up are excelling, the coaching cannot be completely inept. But it strikes me that the position coaches deserve the lion's share of the kudos for ensuring the depth guys are sharp, whereas Morris as DC gets the high level calls such as personnel decisions...

But Morris' primary job is to call plays and draw up schemes. Not play the role of defensive captain.

Do coaches need to motivate too? Absolutely.

But when it's time to call a huddle and rally the troops. To smack some sense and fire into the belly of your fellow men. That is a task best performed by your defensive leaders. Ray Lewis is the prototype. But it's been that way since way back, and will continue to be so. A "players only" meeting. It has a special thrust to it.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

What’s more than doubling-down? All-in?

Yeah.. all-in.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It’s overkill and overdone.

It’s tired and lame after yesterday’s victory.

Very lame.
What is overkill and overdone is your incessant defending of dumb shit. Drop the flag dude.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What is overkill and overdone is your incessant defending of dumb shit. Drop the flag dude.
Honestly, not sure I care.

The takes on this stuff here are just flat-out bad in some cases, to fantastical nonsense in others.

The Rams defense has been objectively and empirically good in the postseason, very good.

It’s pretty goddamn simple.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, not sure I care.

The takes on this stuff here are just flat-out bad in some cases, to fantastical nonsense in others.

The Rams defense has been objectively and empirically good in the postseason, very good.

It’s pretty goddamn simple.
This entire 60 pages is full of you defending every little fucking whisp of a slight against Morris. THAT is what gets old my dude. That's my point. These guys don't need your protection. Morris doesn't need your protection. He's a big boy. He's a pro. And he's coming out on top so far with one game to go. He's dunking that shit.

I think it's ok for you to drop the goddamn flag now.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This entire 60 pages is full of you defending every little fucking whisp of a slight against Morris. THAT is what gets old my dude. That's my point. These guys don't need your protection. Morris doesn't need your protection. He's a big boy. He's a pro. And he's coming out on top so far with one game to go. He's dunking that shit.

I get it.

I’m trying to not bring this particular shit into other threads. GDT is full of fucking nonsense.

Of course Morris doesn’t need me to defend him. You know that.

Wanna go look at how many posters went directly at me whenever there was a whiff of defensive failure?

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky

Argument for the sake of arguing.

Has any other team requested to interview Morris for HC?

WOoOooOo

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wanna go look at how many posters went directly at me whenever there was a whiff of defensive failure?
I don't really care man. Just trying to help you out in my own way. :clinkingbeer: