Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If you’re criticizing Reeder, you’re criticizing the Rams as an organization.
He’s a reflection of their roster building approach.. a UDFA starting because the starter is injured.

By the way.. I didn’t see much different in the approach… I saw better execution and tackling.

We are fans. We are allowed to pick and choose. We can celebrate certain players and plays - and we can criticize certain players and plays. I mean - cmon now.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
In two weeks the two starting ILB'er stands to be Howard/Jones to shut down those Joe Barrow quick screen passes.

Talented healed rookie outside corner Robert Rochell should be ready to relieve Darious Williams when or if needed.

The Bengal OL is their weakest link! That right-side Cincy OL is there for the Rams defensive front five pass rush.

Rochell may get some snaps - but he looked like a rookie in most of the action he saw this year. D Will was getting beaten yesterday - but I think he is still our starting CB.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Starting ILBs need to be Jones and Howard in the Super Bowl.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
We are fans. We are allowed to pick and choose. We can celebrate certain players and plays - and we can criticize certain players and plays. I mean - cmon now.
Yeah, you can feel free.

Just pointing out the situation that player is in.

I think fans going after a guy like him on a day like yesterday or today… after a win where the Rams D was excellent is just… I don’t know.. lame?

He’s a good guy, a high effort guy and a contributor. He’s got glaring weaknesses.. which is why he’s a backup.

And, again.. yep.. you’re criticizing the organization because Reeder is what he is and he’s on the field.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And, again.. yep.. you’re criticizing the organization because Reeder is what he is and he’s on the field.
We all criticize players time to time. Usually they deserve it too.

Think your direction there is flawed. This is what we do.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Yeah, you can feel free.

I think fans going after a guy like him on a day like yesterday or today… after a win where the Rams D was excellent is just… I don’t know.. lame?

He’s a good guy, a high effort guy and a contributor. He’s got glaring weaknesses.. which is why he’s a backup.

So - any criticism of any member of the organization is criticism of the organization as a whole? Ok - that's one way to look at it, I guess.

I guess I just don't think criticism is such a bad thing. There is a time and a place. Fan forums, for instance, are such a place. Right after a bad game is such a time.

I don't think anyone is saying he is a bad guy or isn't trying hard - but when a wide receiver is pulling you across the line to gain on a huge 3rd down - there is room for criticism.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
We all criticize players time to time. Usually they deserve it too.

Think your direction there is flawed. This is what we do.
It’s overkill and overdone.

It’s tired and lame after yesterday’s victory.

Very lame.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So - any criticism of any member of the organization is criticism of the organization as a whole? Ok - that's one way to look at it, I guess.

I guess I just don't think criticism is such a bad thing. There is a time and a place. Fan forums, for instance, are such a place. Right after a bad game is such a time.

I don't think anyone is saying he is a bad guy or isn't trying hard - but when a wide receiver is pulling you across the line to gain on a huge 3rd down - there is room for criticism.
No new ground and total overkill.

The Rams held the 9ers to 17 points and beat them for the first time in 7 tries to make the Super Bowl. Reeder contributed to that. He had 8 tackles and a pass defended.

It’s oooooooooold

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No new ground and total overkill.

The Rams held the 9ers to 17 points and beat them for the first time in 7 tries to make the Super Bowl. Reeder contributed to that. He had 8 tackles and a pass defended.

It’s oooooooooold
You can put me on mute and go to a safe space if you need, I'm here to talk about football. The good and the bad.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, you can feel free.

When did I ever say he wasn’t a good guy? holy shit it’s comical, the guy did not have a good game. He made a couple plays but this you can’t criticize players as a Rams fan is childish.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Earlier this year I was lauding Reeder's play in the GDT when he made 'em, like the pic vs the Colts and a few others. That being said I thought he stunk it up on a lot of plays yesterday. The WR carrying him for the first? Scott stood there watching too. Wasn't even Deebo it was the backup.

It's not disliking anyone personally - Reeder is a good guy, but it's okay to criticize bad play. All fans do it, heck coaches do too in the film room.

But I'd rather see Jones and Howard start in the SB like Merlin said.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Earlier this year I was lauding Reeder's play in the GDT when he made 'em, like the pic vs the Colts and a few others. That being said I thought he stunk it up on a lot of plays yesterday. The WR carrying him for the first? Scott stood there watching too. Wasn't even Deebo it was the backup.

It's not disliking anyone personally - Reeder is a good guy, but it's okay to criticize bad play. All fans do it, heck coaches do too in the film room.
Deebo carried him.

And… if we’re singling out Reeder’s bad plays against Deebo? Oh, boy.

My point is that it’s old. There’s nothing new.. we know the guy has limitations. He’s on the field because of injury and was solid for a backup.

If he was as bad as people on here are making out, there’s no way the Rams hold 9ers to 50 yards rushing. He’s a legit enough blitzer that 9ers didn’t feel comfortable leaving the RB alone and ended up with two guys on him on the Rams final defensive play.. helping free Donald.

The criticism is TIRED.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You can put me on mute and go to a safe space if you need, I'm here to talk about football. The good and the bad.
Again.. it’s just old.

Nothing new, nothing learned and no new perspective.

It’s surprising to me that fans act like that after the biggest win, even though I shouldn’t be.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Acting like a coach would try to keep a player that HE STARTED on an injured list because.. why?

I'm not defending the player, I'm pointing out the ridiculous nature of this.

If Rapp can play, he's up. Period.
I think there's a significant number of backups that we're discovering can really play ball. Did they all magically figure it out only when asked to start and contribute more? That's unlikely. Is it possible Morris poorly identified talent at a couple of positions? Sure, it happens around the league all the time. Nobody is perfect and I'm not trying kill Morris over it, but I think that's what we're seeing. Here's as easy example: somebody posted Rapp's college scouting profile which said something like, "it's easy to fall in love with his splash plays while chasing, but he has significant problems with coverage". We already know Morris loves MAD plays. I think he probably just made a mistake that didn't hurt us too bad, and now either he's seeing it or he's being told he has to deal with it. Either way Morris is still a good coach doing good things for us and we're in the Super Bowl. Clearly nothing hurt us that bad.

But I'd rather see Jones and Howard start in the SB like Merlin said.
What I don't get about Reeder is why he is always trying to tackle a guy by the shoulders and just slides off for the most part while getting dragged 10yds down the field. Does he not know that the very slim chance of a fumble is not worth riding a guy like a pony on every play he tries to make?

Why can't someone show him how it's done? Ask Ramsey or Weddle about the proper technique if you have to...it's just comical watching him on most tackles. He is supposed to be a thumper because he has no range...so he can't tackle anyone and he is too slow to get to the runner to top it all off. I doubt Jones would be that far out of position even though he is a rookie to not justify putting him in there instead.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
When did I ever say he wasn’t a good guy? holy shit it’s comical, the guy did not have a good game. He made a couple plays but this you can’t criticize players as a Rams fan is childish.
Never said you did question his character. Was pointing out why I’m over it.

Again… it’s just tired.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Again.. it’s just old.

Nothing new, nothing learned and no new perspective.

It’s surprising to me that fans act like that after the biggest win, even though I shouldn’t be.
The game was yesterday evening - there is a ton of new. If you have already exhausted all of the discussion you want on the game - that's cool. But if the rest of us want to talk about yesterdays game, telling us all that its tired and old and lame - well, its just rude.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never said you did question his character. Was pointing out why I’m over it.

Again… it’s just tired.
Yes it is tired, this constant pissing and moaning when we're critical of a guys play. Get over yourself and get over it. I never questioned his character quit making shit up it's old. I said he wasn't good yesterday but he made a couple plays. I said the Rams would be better off with somebody else out there in the green dot. I didn't question his effort or character I said he had a bad game. My god get over yourself. Do you think he'll sit there and say he had a good day? I think that shit outfit PFF even had him as the worst Ram graded player. You trying to white knight for everybody is beyond old.

I can still root for Reeder and the Rams in the Super Bowl and think we'd be better off with somebody else starting there.

I'm still a Rams fan if I do this.

I've been critical of play of assorted Rams players when they have a bad game or series or a really bad play that cost us the game. I'm not making it personal and attacking the person. I'm not attacking the organization I'm saying a player was bad on a play/series/game. There's nothing wrong with that.

Your act is getting old quit acting like we can't talk about the good as well as the bad.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I think there's a significant number of backups that we're discovering can really play ball. Did they all magically figure it out only when asked to start and contribute more? That's unlikely. Is it possible Morris poorly identified talent at a couple of positions? Sure, it happens around the league all the time. Nobody is perfect and I'm not trying kill Morris over it, but I think that's what we're seeing. Here's as easy example: somebody posted Rapp's college scouting profile which said something like, "it's easy to fall in love with his splash plays while chasing, but he has significant problems with coverage". We already know Morris loves MAD plays. I think he probably just made a mistake that didn't hurt us too bad, and now either he's seeing it or he's being told he has to deal with it. Either way Morris is still a good coach doing good things for us and we're in the Super Bowl. Clearly nothing hurt us that bad.
Reeder.. CAN PLAY.. he's just got flaws. The Rams WON yesterday and the defense had a STELLAR performance with Reeder in the middle calling the plays. Say what you want about his awful moments.. he contributed to the win.

I also think that attributing Rapp and Reeder to Morris says a ton.