Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Morris got it done. That's what matters. One more to go.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and hope Coach gets an interview or two added by some of these dipshit teams that are overlooking him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yea, have you watched any Rams games?

Acting like Rapp isn't a major liability is pretty dishonest in my opinion.

You can't on one hand claim some of the defensive issues are related to Personnel and not Morris and then later come back and defend those same players. I mean you can but it's rather inconsistent.
Acting like a coach would try to keep a player that HE STARTED on an injured list because.. why?

I'm not defending the player, I'm pointing out the ridiculous nature of this.

If Rapp can play, he's up. Period.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I found it interesting that Rapp was "Still in concussion protocol because he didn't have a full week of practice".

If Morris had any part in being extra cautious with Rapp and keeping him out this week - which I have a hunch he did - then Morris deserves props.

I will also give Morris for having his guys ready to shut down the run. It was quite impressive.
This ^^^^!!! (Regarding Morris)
We came in stuffing their run game and taking away MOST of that dink and dunk offense. Something we haven't done until now.
Making GPole win this game with his arm, was the key to our victory.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is I really like this Nick Scott character. Showing up all hero with that blue collar background. Does a little swoopin vs Brady. Then follows it up with a KO of Deebo's mouthy ass in the next biggest game of his life. :bomb:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
All I know is I really like this Nick Scott character. Showing up all hero with that blue collar background. Does a little swoopin vs Brady. Then follows it up with a KO of Deebo's mouthy ass in the next biggest game of his life. :bomb:
This is only his 4th year playing defensive back.. maybe he's just really figuring it out? Because he looks like a legit safety now. Playing fast and confident.. he's the Rams best athlete at the position and it's not really close.. that fucking hit on Deebo.. and he's making plays on balls? I mean.. what the hell????? lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah.
A Traffic cone would’ve helped hold the 9ers to 17.

So, don’t support a Ram, fine.

Done.
Thats quite obviously hyperbole sorry if you didn’t pick that up. Reeder was a major weakness last night. I support each and every Rams player and have made that perfectly clear for years. But we’re better off without Reeder.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I found it interesting that Rapp was "Still in concussion protocol because he didn't have a full week of practice".

If Morris had any part in being extra cautious with Rapp and keeping him out this week - which I have a hunch he did - then Morris deserves props.

I will also give Morris for having his guys ready to shut down the run. It was quite impressive.

If I'm Morris, I'm sticking with the same defensive backfield for the Super Bowl. They have been very effective the last few weeks, and Weddle was great in the run game.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Thats quite obviously hyperbole sorry if you didn’t pick that up. Reeder was a major weakness last night. I support each and every Rams player and have made that perfectly clear for years. But we’re better off without Reeder.

He's a backup. And the guy you or someone else were suggesting replace him, Howard, doesn't play the same spot.
When Jones is healthy, it's his job. Period.

I'm not gonna tear up a guy who throws his body around like that and is reliable enough to be the play caller on a defense that only gave up 17 points to our biggest rival in the biggest game of the year.

Psycho_X

Legend

This is only his 4th year playing defensive back.. maybe he's just really figuring it out? Because he looks like a legit safety now. Playing fast and confident.. he's the Rams best athlete at the position and it's not really close.. that fucking hit on Deebo.. and he's making plays on balls? I mean.. what the hell????? lol
It's amazing what he's done after being forced to change roles in college because Saquon Barkley buried him on the depth chart. Not only has he learned to play safety but he was also a captain on that Penn team multiple years. The dude is just a football player with more speed than most of our other secondary. Lots of reasons to expect great things from him going forward. Love a blue collar, hard ass worker turned starter story.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Credit where it's due, Morris' schemes and game-plans have been much better over the last month-plus.

But the question is, why the hell hasn't he attacked the 49ers like this before!?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Credit where it's due, Morris' schemes and game-plans have been much better over the last month-plus.

But the question is, why the hell hasn't he attacked the 49ers like this before!?
Agree 100% I've been probably the hardest of Morris of anyone, but the last month and playoffs he's been fairly excellent.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
So Morris is sufficient. I can be down with him and I hope he sticks around for one more season before becoming a HC. Cause then atleast we get the comp picks for him. If he's gone this year then nada.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It's amazing what he's done after being forced to change roles in college because Saquon Barkley buried him on the depth chart. Not only has he learned to play safety but he was also a captain on that Penn team multiple years. The dude is just a football player with more speed than most of our other secondary. Lots of reasons to expect great things from him going forward. Love a blue collar, hard ass worker turned starter story.
Yes, it's a bonified real good story for us who have watched each regular & now 3 post-season games where we have seen excellent growth in what was a reserve deep safety who was buried on the depth chart..... known as Nick Scott.

Scott has shown he can do anything asked of him in this secondary being a 4 yr pro. Playing next to a future HOF-free safety, fresh off 2 yrs of retirement Eric Weddle......wow that's 2 stories now with neither of them concluded as of yet.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Posted before that Safety Nick Scott has now earned himself a serious pay increase somewhere in the NFL world in March's Free Agency.

I'm not sure about this, but I think since he's only got 3 years in we can keep him one more as an exclusive rights free agent. Hope we do.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Yep, thou hast said it. He couldn't cover the Whiner RB Mitchell so what do y'all think Joe Mixon or Sanjay Perine are going to do?
We need a healthy Ernest Jones in a major way.

~ArkyRamsFan~

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm not sure about this, but I think since he's only got 3 years in we can keep him one more as an exclusive rights free agent. Hope we do.
You would be correct Scott is signed here for the 2022 season.

Rams will have two corners in UFA'cy in March.

Rams will have the following safeties under contract:

Hybrid safety/WSILB'er Travin Howard will be an ERFA

IMO DC Morris will be in good shape for the 2022 season in both safety positions. Not as well at the corner but a healthy Robert Rochell to start with Ramsey with Long at the Nickle would be Okay....not real sure about CB Grant Haley.

Never know about Eric Weddle after yesterday's performance wow he appears to have another season in him if he wants.....

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
But... The whiners played zone. Maybe that's all they have but Cooper Kupp eats up zones and that's what he did. Maybe it was the 6-0 against the Rams and they have our number so they didn't make adjustments?
Zone is a real thing. Kupp feasts on man coverage too - maybe even more so. I don’t think you can defend a team playing all man or all zone - you are going to have to mix it up - disguise it - and run some combos.

I guess the larger point is this. We all went into this game knowing what we needed to do defensively. Stop the run and make Jimmy win with guys other than Kittle and Deebo. For the most part - that was exactly what we saw. Deebo had one big play and was otherwise a non factor.

Meanwhile, Kupp feasted, OBJ feasted, and we were even able to run the ball a bit here and there.

Reader and Williams got picked on - neither had a great game by any stretch. I don’t know if the answer is on our bench or not. But from a coaching standpoint, I give Raheem a high A for that game - and the playoffs in general so far.

Looking forward to seeing what he brings to the Super Bowl

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If you’re criticizing Reeder, you’re criticizing the Rams as an organization.
He’s a reflection of their roster building approach.. a UDFA starting because the starter is injured.

By the way.. I didn’t see much different in the approach… I saw better execution and tackling.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Zone is a real thing. Kupp feasts on man coverage too - maybe even more so. I don’t think you can defend a team playing all man or all zone - you are going to have to mix it up - disguise it - and run some combos.

I guess the larger point is this. We all went into this game knowing what we needed to do defensively. Stop the run and make Jimmy win with guys other than Kittle and Deebo. For the most part - that was exactly what we saw. Deebo had one big play and was otherwise a non factor.

Meanwhile, Kupp feasted, OBJ feasted, and we were even able to run the ball a bit here and there.

Reader and Williams got picked on - neither had a great game by any stretch. I don’t know if the answer is on our bench or not. But from a coaching standpoint, I give Raheem a high A for that game - and the playoffs in general so far.

Looking forward to seeing what he brings to the Super Bowl
In two weeks the two starting ILB'er stands to be Howard/Jones to shut down those Joe Barrow quick screen passes.

Talented healed rookie outside corner Robert Rochell should be ready to relieve Darious Williams when or if needed.

The Bengal OL is their weakest link! That right-side Cincy OL is there for the Rams defensive front five pass rush.