Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I would like to see a true front 7 against the 49ers

Either a 3 -4 4-3 or 5-2

Too often it has been a 3 3 5 defense

Not going to work against a power running team

Yeah, 5 or 6 guys on the line on first down. SJD, Gaines, AD, Robinson, Miller, and floyd. Have to sell out on the run early force Jimmy to throw 30 times

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I hope the Rams D is ready for everything from Rat Face Jr on first possession. He said this week "Both teams know each other." To me that could mean "I've got something new up my sleeve." Get ready for hurry up offense quick passing on first possession with Rams expecting running. They really don't have anything to lose after getting their run stuffed in the 1st half of week 18 because they probably feel they can always go back to it and Rat boy never gives up running.

On our side I would love to see some new twists in the game plan that work.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Breakdowns are usually caused by miscommunication and reading keys wrong, which always come back to coaching and gameplan install and how well you prep your players.

Some coaches have a knack for getting the scheme locked in players' minds. Staley had that and it allowed him to pull off a lot of the stuff he did seamlessly. In those games where he ran the gameplanning there was very little miscommunication, they were exceptionally consistent even running deceptive looks pre-snap. Watch last year's safeties on tape and there wasn't a lot of confusion or them waivering on responsibilities like there was this year. Rapp was far better focused in on what he was doing. Fuller was playing like an all-pro. Williams was playing like an all-pro. Hell even Hill knew where to be and was well prepped and it showed in his play.

Staley elevated that group on the back end. No doubt about it. This year they had a guy learning the ropes on the scheme in terms of gameplanning and calling it on gameday and you can see it in how the players perform.

Morris has not performed at his level and it's why he's not a slam-dunk HC hire this year. But the good thing here is that he has an opportunity to finish strong which is something Staley did not do. So even though this year's unit has underperformed a bit they are performing well now which is what matters and have a chance to get this done.
Communication is a players thing, too.
Was Fuller ready to step up to that role seamlessly?
I’d suggest the way the secondary had looked with Weddle might indicate personnel played as much of a role as coaching.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I know, I am not stupid. Part of the problem with your arguments, are that you try to sell facts that arent true. The d doesn't have to be static with Ramsey on Deebo. The D can do anything it wants. Man to man, match up zone, cover 2, what ever it want's. They can double other players or even Deebo, Blitz. That is not static and it keeps the QB guessing which we all agree on is important. This has been done for years. Just because Ramsey is on Deebo doesn't mean we can't do everything in the playbook, but Ramsey being on Deebo doesn't let Shannahan dictate what our D does to stop Deebo. This way Deebo lines up in the backfield and goes out for a screen or a bubble screen or goes anywhere Ramsey is in his shorts before the play develops.
And I think that is silly against an O that has Kittle, Aiyuk and RBs that can gash repeatedly. I think Ramsey can be a weapon to make Jimmy G think a little. You are absolutely letting the 9ers dictate what’s happening by focusing Ramsey only in Deebo,

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Communication is a players thing, too.
Was Fuller ready to step up to that role seamlessly?
I’d suggest the way the secondary had looked with Weddle might indicate personnel played as much of a role as coaching.
Of course personnel played a role. The two are not mutually exclusive.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
And I think that is silly against an O that has Kittle, Aiyuk and RBs that can gash repeatedly. I think Ramsey can be a weapon to make Jimmy G think a little. You are absolutely letting the 9ers dictate what’s happening by focusing Ramsey only in Deebo,
I'm silly? I saw you write in one of your post, that you try to be polite in your arguments, but that is obviously not true. I know you think you are right about everything. That the Ds performance lately proves you right. The fact is everybody who worried about Morris and his scheme were right. Not until he finally started to play more aggressive, like everyone on this board could see but you, did the D start to play more like it should.
There are other players that can stop the run and make plays, but Ramsey is the only one with a chance to take him out of the game. Which then turns their offense into an ordinary offense that can be stopped.

And as far as them dictating, I would say what came first and isn't us dictating that they need to go to plan B? Also, how is it that they would be dictating what happens if the rest of the D is still changing up what they are doing.

I believe that it was stated during some broad cast that Deebo accounts for like 25 or 30 percent of the offense. If it is taken away we win.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Of course personnel played a role. The two are not mutually exclusive.
Agreed, and that's been my biggest argument with the people, not you, who just keep going after Morris and don't put things into context.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm silly? I saw you write in one of your post, that you try to be polite in your arguments, but that is obviously not true. I know you think you are right about everything. That the Ds performance lately proves you right. The fact is everybody who worried about Morris and his scheme were right. Not until he finally started to play more aggressive, like everyone on this board could see but you, did the D start to play more like it should.
There are other players that can stop the run and make plays, but Ramsey is the only one with a chance to take him out of the game. Which then turns their offense into an ordinary offense that can be stopped.

And as far as them dictating, I would say what came first and isn't us dictating that they need to go to plan B? Also, how is it that they would be dictating what happens if the rest of the D is still changing up what they are doing.

I believe that it was stated during some broad cast that Deebo accounts for like 25 or 30 percent of the offense. If it is taken away we win.

Oh!!!
Soooooooo... everyone was right??????????? lol

Dude.. part of the argument that I've made from the start with Morris here.. is that the defense is growing, changing.

You? You want to pretend that you knew something all along that Morris didn't.

Deebo counts for that much of the offense, in part, because they put him in the backfield so much. Geez.

"The fact is everybody who worried about Morris and his scheme were right."

Lol, my dude.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Oh!!!
Soooooooo... everyone was right??????????? lol

Dude.. part of the argument that I've made from the start with Morris here.. is that the defense is growing, changing.

You? You want to pretend that you knew something all along that Morris didn't.

Deebo counts for that much of the offense, in part, because they put him in the backfield so much. Geez.

"The fact is everybody who worried about Morris and his scheme were right."

Lol, my dude.
You see it anyway you want Dude. It took him awhile to see what we all saw. By the way, on those running plays Ramsey would be there as well. I would adjust my use of Ramsey a little bit. I would always line him up on Deebo, but if he lined up in the slot, I wouldn't mind Ramsey blitzing if situationally it was right.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You see it anyway you want Dude. It took him awhile to see what we all saw. By the way, on those running plays Ramsey would be there as well. I would adjust my use of Ramsey a little bit. I would always line him up on Deebo, but if he lined up in the slot, I wouldn't mind Ramsey blitzing if situationally it was right.
He’s been blitzing all season.

And the D has been evolving all season.

Execution is always the biggest issue.
Ramsey is on tight coverage and gets blown up by Evans? No one on here screams that they shoulda been playing deep. Ramsey screws up against Deebo? All Morris’ critics can do is say it’s his fault.. no one can look at Ramsey’s decisions in coverage.

Tano

Legend

Ramsey is on tight coverage and gets blown up by Evans? No one on here screams that they shoulda been playing deep. Ramsey screws up against Deebo? All Morris’ critics can do is say it’s his fault.. no one can look at Ramsey’s decisions in coverage.
I don't think Crapola can throw past 30 yards with any accuracy

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

Dude, Ramsey was on the other side of the field yet was the only player to push debo out at the goal line. Had he been on him one on one, I like the rams chances to stop that score.

To still say Morris should not have Ramsey on debo all game is just being stubborn

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Dude, Ramsey was on the other side of the field yet was the only player to push debo out at the goal line. Had he been on him one on one, I like the rams chances to stop that score.

To still say Morris should not have Ramsey on debo all game is just being stubborn
Why not. Did we stop them from scoring not doing that? no. He is the biggest part of the offense. why wouldn't we put our best player on him all the time.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

Yea I know again. I am saying be on Deebo blitz from there if it fits the circumstances. Again, no one is perfect, but we shouldn't get beat with our second best pitch.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Why not. Did we stop them from scoring not doing that? no. He is the biggest part of the offense. why wouldn't we put our best player on him all the time.

If Morris doesn't have Ramsey on debo all 2nd Half and debo makes a difference, Morris should be fired in the locker room. Seen this movie too many times and I'm just sick of it. Show you can see reality and make the necessary adjustments.