Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If we win the Super Bowl Raheem will definitely be hired as a HC.

LMAO- when ? I agree,but also agree if The Rams lose.

He did say something last week that sort of made me think a little bit about what he was saying.I guess at the end of the day Raheem will do Raheem. I seriously like him as a person & a coach & wish him only the best.
I’d like to see The Rams win the Super Bowl this season & hope he doesn’t leave until next season at best.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Big Game for Morris, his counterpart DeMeco Ryans is going to be the next Head Coach of the Minnesota Vikings a job that Morris interviewed for and I'm sure Raheem would love to trump Ryans. Let's go Coach Morris be aggressive stop the run and take the middle away from Garoppolo and let's send Coach Ryans to Minneapolis with a good old fashion ass kicking.
Ryans has the advantage in personnel at the moment. The two ILBs and Two safeties are playing lights out.. and their front is equal to the Rams.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
LMAO- when ? I agree,but also agree if The Rams lose.

I’d like to see The Rams win the Super Bowl this season & hope he doesn’t leave until next season at best.
I don't see Morris getting a Head Coaching gig regardless of the results. Dolphins will go offense either Mike McDaniel (49ers) or Kellen Moore (Cowboys). Vikings are going DeMeco Ryans, Texans Josh McCown & Raiders Josh McDaniels unless something goes awry I expect Morris to be back next year.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ryans has the advantage in personnel at the moment. The two ILBs and Two safeties are playing lights out.. and their front is equal to the Rams.
Yeah that NIner defense is amazing, I hope Coach McVay has a plan. You got to punch the bully in the mouth, I hope Jefferson can go because I like him on the jet sweeps and quick screen passes to Akers or even if Henderson is healthy might aid Stafford against that defense.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah that NIner defense is amazing, I hope Coach McVay has a plan. You got to punch the bully in the mouth, I hope Jefferson can go because I like him on the jet sweeps and quick screen passes to Akers or even if Henderson is healthy might aid Stafford against that defense.
I hope Jefferson can go... he and Stafford have had excellent chemistry on those deeper routes and, yep, he's been decent on those jet sweeps too.

I wonder if McVay rolls anything new out? Jourdan Rodrigue has mentioned several times that McVay has talked about two back sets...
There are some interesting possibilities with that.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wonder if McVay rolls anything new out? Jourdan Rodrigue has mentioned several times that McVay has talked about two back sets...
There are some interesting possibilities with that.
I like that idea.

oldnotdead

Legend
The only thing working for Morris is his friendship with McVay. But if he can't stop the Niners in this game IMO he's got to go and I think the pressure from Kroenke and Snead will make it happen. Why upgrade across the board and then have a DC who takes this star laden defense which was #1 last year and dropped them to #17 this year. Worse yet they played like a mediocre defense.

Staley showed that it's not the scheme so much as how it's played and how the defensive calls are made during the game. The contrast between Staley and Morris highlights just how important the coach is. Morris has a better roster than Staley had and he's done less with it. So are the Rams all in? If so Morris has to go. A good enough DC isn't good enough if you want a championship team.

There isn't a top DC who is unemployed who wouldn't jump at the chance to coach this defense with the roster it has. I'd rather have Jerry Gray, or Aubrey Pleasant. I'm not a big fan of Fangio but even he would be better though his age is a concern. Anyway this offseason will be interesting and will say alot about where this team is headed long term.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Putting this here...
Was listening to The Athletic Football Show and they were breaking down the matchup. Nate Tice and Robert Mays both felt pretty strongly that we should see a ton of Ramsey in the slot/star. Keeps him closer to the line and closer to the middle of the field, where the 9ers attack the most.

So the niners just keep debo outside beating whoever is covering him. Yeah, I don't like the sound of that. Pretty sure we've seen that before.

I'd even have have kittle running down and outs with aiuke and Jennings in the middle of the field keeping our star busy covering their 3rd and 4th options. No thank you

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So the niners just keep debo outside beating whoever is covering him. Yeah, I don't like the sound of that. Pretty sure we've seen that before.

I'd even have have kittle running down and outs with aiuke and Jennings in the middle of the field keeping our star busy covering their 3rd and 4th options. No thank you.
Who scored the game-tying TD?

The idea of having him closer to the line of scrimmage & closer to thd center of the field is that is where the 9ers secondary lives. It gives you the most chances of him making a play.

If they roll Deebo out wide on a 3rd & 8? You very will likely would see Ramsey split out.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Who scored the game-tying TD?

The idea of having him closer to the line of scrimmage & closer to thd center of the field is that is where the 9ers secondary lives. It gives you the most chances of him making a play. they roll Deebo out wide on a 3rd & 8? You very will likely would see Ramsey split out.

Jennings scored but that's on our other dbs. Had Ramsey been on Jennings Jimmy would have just thrown it to debo. He can't be everywhere but why we would ever want him covering their 4th best target is beyond me. I don't know, maybe someone smarter can explain that to me.

The more I see Ramsey in the middle, the more I'd throw it outside. I don't care if it's 3rd and 8 or 1st and 10. If Ramsey is inside I send debo outside. If Ramsey follows then I hit the middle with kittle or aiuke.

The reason they got that td was because Ramsey wasn't stuck to debo, he was staying inside so when debo went deeper, Ramsey didn't follow. Had Ramsey been one on one with him, he would have followed debo after he made his move downfield.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Jennings scored but that's on our other dbs. Had Ramsey been on Jennings Jimmy would have just thrown it to debo. He can't be everywhere but why we would ever want him covering their 4th best target is beyond me. I don't know, maybe someone smarter can explain that to me.

The more I see Ramsey in the middle, the more I'd throw it outside. I don't care if it's 3rd and 8 or 1st and 10. If Ramsey is inside I send debo outside. If Ramsey follows then I hit the middle with kittle or aiuke.

The reason they got that td was because Ramsey wasn't stuck to debo, he was staying inside so when debo went deeper, Ramsey didn't follow. Had Ramsey been one on one with him, he would have followed debo after he made his move downfield.
And throwing outside is what you want to make them do.
Force them into longer developing routes, give them front 4 a chance.

You’re speculating on *why* Ramsey left Deebo to double someone underneath. I have no idea what he was thinking.. but the scramble back makes me think he fucked up and he knew it. He released early, expecting the underneath and got burnt.

Anyway, smarter football guys than me think it’s the best way for this D to attack that O.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Putting this here...
Was listening to The Athletic Football Show and they were breaking down the matchup. Nate Tice and Robert Mays both felt pretty strongly that we should see a ton of Ramsey in the slot/star. Keeps him closer to the line and closer to the middle of the field, where the 9ers attack the most.
My opinion is, the whiners go as Deebo goes. Ramsey goes everywhere Deebo goes. If he is in the back field or wherever. Ramsey is big and strong and tackles very well. He will mitigate much of what Deebo does. If he plays him man to man all day, it will influence the QB not to throw it to him sometimes. If he runs out of the back field he can be there to tackle him. If it is a screen to him Ramsey will be right there. If Deboo makes a big play under those conditions I will feel much better than if he makes big plays when Ramsey is else where on the field. Our best against their best. It will cause the QB to hold the ball and get sacked. Oh also implore Ramsey to focus on his job not anybody else's. Focus on deebo, if he gets no action the team wins.

Last edited:

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Well debo has killed us more than anyone else the last couple years so I hope they do something different because I know they know he's killed us too.

I will be shaking my head if debo makes any catch where Ramsey is not on him. He may make a few receptions with Jalen covering, but the more he is not on him, the bigger game he will have. That's just a fact.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
My opinion is, the whiners go as Deebo goes. Ramsey goes everywhere Deebo goes. If he is in the back field or wherever. Ramsey is big and strong and tackles very well. He will mitigate much of what Deebo does. If he plays him man to man all day, it will influence the QB not to throw it to him sometimes. If he runs out of the back field he can be there to tackle him. If it is a screen to him Ramsey will be right there. If Deboo makes a big play under those conditions I will feel much better than if he makes big plays when Ramsey is else where on the field. Our best against their best. It will cause the QB to hold the ball and get sacked. Oh also implore Ramsey to focus on his job not anybody else's. Focus on deebo, if he gets no action the team wins.
Yeah, I don't see it being that simple at all.

I don't want to see Ramsey ONLY in the star/slot.. but I want to see him there a bunch.
AND I want him out on Deebo on plays where Deebo is split out.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well debo has killed us more than anyone else the last couple years so I hope they do something different because I know they now he's killed us too.

I will be shaking my head if debo makes any catch where Ramsey is not on him. He may make a few receptions with Jalen covering, but the more he is not on him, the bigger game he will have. That's just a fact.
I don't care WHO is covering WHO... I just want them to beat them and get some good things going on defense.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I don't see it being that simple at all.

I don't want to see Ramsey ONLY in the star/slot.. but I want to see him there a bunch.
AND I want him out on Deebo on plays where Deebo is split out.
jI think it really is. No reason to complicate it. The rest of the team can handle most anything else without Ramsey.

RamWoodie

Legend
I find it interesting that not one of the last 3 DCs have been able to stop the 9ers...but Morris is on the hot seat around here. Morris also has the weakest roster to work with.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think this is true.
I think he has a major weakness the other two didn't have and that's safety. He's got a better 2nd pass rusher behind AD in Von but the safety position is without question weaker than anything Wade or Staley had to deal with. None of them really had a good ILB but Jones shows promise.