Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
No big complaints about the D today. If the fumbles by the O don't put them in a bad spot, they might not have even given up a TD, or maybe just a garbage time score. They still did everything they had to do to win this game, and even after the fumbles, they really made the Bucs earn those scores.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Certainly no complaints from me. There were some individual players mistakes throughout the second half (on both sides, unfortunately) but nothing that reflects very largely on the coaching staff.

Morris is good and I'm hoping he comes back next year.

My only major concern is that the backups are playing better than the starters were. Is this just playoff miracles happening before or eyes, or are the backups actually better and talent was poorly evaluated all year? Either way, we made it to the playoffs and we're hosting the championship game. As long as things keep going well, I don't really care about the answer to that question.
Maybe the backups kept getting coached, and Morris kept them mentally engaged in getting better?

It's a long season and they grew.

Nick Scott really had some great plays and Long had an impact as well. Just great to see.

Completely different challenge next week.. let's see if they're finally up for it.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Morris had a good scheme today. But we've got to stop whiners from running the ball. In the second half of our last game, they came out with something like 10 straight runs and we couldn't stop it.

Garapollo is prone to errors if he's forced to throw the ball downfield. We can't let them run the ball and put together long drives.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Maybe the backups kept getting coached, and Morris kept them mentally engaged in getting better?

It's a long season and they grew.

Nick Scott really had some great plays and Long had an impact as well. Just great to see.

Completely different challenge next week.. let's see if they're finally up for it.
Yep, could be anything. Keep winning and it won't matter for another 9 months or so.

Tano

Legend
I have nothing but respect for Morris defense today.

Only a couple calls where I went - I don't know about that call

4th & 9 and he had Donald on the right side rushing the left tackle plus not being aggressive and blitzing Reeder at the same time

Other that that play and probably one other call on the 4th and 1.

Otherwise he called a great game today. Kudos

It seems like he is finally learning to be aggressive more frequently.

He's got the dogs for it.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
When we play the whiners, it's clear. Deebo Samuel needs to be shut down.

I hate belicheater but that's what he does. He takes away your best player and forces the lesser players to make plays.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I have nothing but respect for Morris defense today.

Only a couple calls where I went - I don't know about that call

4th & 9 and he had Donald on the right side rushing the left tackle plus not being aggressive and blitzing Reeder at the same time

Other that that play and probably one other call on the 4th and 1.

Otherwise he called a great game today. Kudos

It seems like he is finally learning to be aggressive more frequently.

He's got the dogs for it.
Morris has done an excellent job in the two playoff games. But imo having Von Miller onboard and healthy may be the single biggest reason for the improvement in the D.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Morris has done an excellent job in the two playoff games. But imo having Von Miller onboard and healthy may be the single biggest reason for the improvement in the D.
Absolutely has made a massive difference!

AND... Morris was able to leverage that and assemble a successful secondary despite losing 3 of his top 5 or 6 dbs and starting ILB.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
When we play the whiners, it's clear. Deebo Samuel needs to be shut down.

I hate belicheater but that's what he does. He takes away your best player and forces the lesser players to make plays.
Gotta focus both him and Kittle tbh. Ignore Kittle and he can dismantle you too.

I would put Ramsey on Kittle and remove his ass. Ramsey is better on the bigger targets.

Then double the fuck out of Samuel all day long.

If Garoppolo holds the ball even a little due to those early reads not being there the Rams rush will get to him and then we'll see some shit.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Gotta focus both him and Kittle tbh. Ignore Kittle and he can dismantle you too.

I would put Ramsey on Kittle and remove his ass. Ramsey is better on the bigger targets.

Then double the fuck out of Samuel all day long.

If Garoppolo holds the ball even a little due to those early reads not being there the Rams rush will get to him and then we'll see some shit.
Tackle.

Hate to oversimplify.. but, much like the problem on Sunday was simple (fumbles), missed tackles (19) are why the Rams lost to the 9ers the last time, imo.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Putting this here...
Was listening to The Athletic Football Show and they were breaking down the matchup. Nate Tice and Robert Mays both felt pretty strongly that we should see a ton of Ramsey in the slot/star. Keeps him closer to the line and closer to the middle of the field, where the 9ers attack the most.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tackle.

Hate to oversimplify.. but, much like the problem on Sunday was simple (fumbles), missed tackles (19) are why the Rams lost to the 9ers the last time, imo.

So simply said it’s Raheem Morris’s FAULT!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Big Game for Morris, his counterpart DeMeco Ryans is going to be the next Head Coach of the Minnesota Vikings a job that Morris interviewed for and I'm sure Raheem would love to trump Ryans. Let's go Coach Morris be aggressive stop the run and take the middle away from Garoppolo and let's send Coach Ryans to Minneapolis with a good old fashion ass kicking.