Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There's 49 pages on this thread.
In the past, when there's that many pages debating whether a player or coach should stay on the team, it only means one thing -- he shouldn't.
We are really missing Staley. Even with injuries I think he makes our D better, especially the secondary.
It also makes me nervous about our D in the playoffs. To be fair to Morris, our secondary is gutted right now & just saw we're bringing in Weddle for cryin' out loud. It's gonna take a miracle for us to pull out a win tonight.

LET'S GO RAMS
I think if we had kept Staley for year two we'd probably have slightly different personnel too. He had a good feel for our safeties. Unlikely that he would have let the Rams stand pat there and go with Rapp/Scott opposite Fuller. At the very least they would have drafted someone or brought in a low end FA he felt could play over the top a bit.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
BTW, potential stop gap safety next yr could be bringing back Rodney McCloud. It's been reported that he is likely done in Philly and he might not be a bad stop gap while you draft an eventual starter next yr.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Whatever anyone thinks of anyone....
That defense came out absolutely ready to go.

What they did, down two starting safeties and with their backup ILB calling plays, was impressive as hell and required excellent planning and coaching.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

What they did, down two starting safeties and with their backup ILB calling plays, was impressive as hell and required excellent planning and coaching.

Yep - Old Blue eyes making the calls as well. Eric Weedle is classic & such a GREAT mentor for The Rams & Mcvay.
Funny how it was Morris & his relationship that got Eric Weedle in Uni. Talk about player coaches.

All Inhered from like Susie last night was how Raheem Morris is a candidate for all 8 HC positions.

Tano

Legend

Raheem did an excellent job yesterday and I didn't even have any problem with him going slightly softer defense when he had a 28-0 lead. It took them over 5 to 7 minutes to get that TD.

And when I was asking Morris to blitz Reeder on 3rd and 7 at the 4 and Reeder did, I was going ... yes Raheem - you are being aggressive this game!!

Finally Raheem learned his lesson and did not let up on his defense until we had a 28-0 lead.

That was awesome.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Raheem did an excellent job yesterday and I didn't even have any problem with him going slightly softer defense when he had a 28-0 lead. It took them over 5 to 7 minutes to get that TD.

And when I was asking Morris to blitz Reeder on 3rd and 7 at the 4 and Reeder did, I was going ... yes Raheem - you are being aggressive this game!!

Finally Raheem learned his lesson and did not let up on his defense until we had a 28-0 lead.

That was awesome.

I've been tough on Raheem all year, and justifiably so. But last night, he painted a masterpiece of defensive playcalling. It wasn't just that Kyler and the Cards offense shit the bed - our D made them shit the bed. Seemed like they brought extra pass rushers more, and in a very timely way (particularly Reeder's blitz that forced the pick-six). I hope Morris learns from this, as this is the way forward.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I hope he doesn't get an HC job this year and is around one more year. That way the Rams can get comp picks when he gets an HC job.
If the D plays well and Rams beat Tampa Bay, Morris will have more HC offers than he knows what to do with.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Win win, Draft pick and go get a Fangio. Loved Raheems job last night but we need more picks.

RAHEEM MORRISDC, LOS ANGELES RAMS

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Vikings have requested an interview with Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris for the team's head coaching vacancy.​

The Rams' Monday night domination of the Cardinals couldn't have hurt Morris' chances of landing a head coaching job for next season. Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett and Dallas OC Kellen Moore are also in the running to be Minnesota's next head coach. Morris, 45, was Atlanta's interim head coach in 2020; the team sided with Arthur Smith over Morris, who landed in LA. A strong end-of-season run for the Rams defense could put Morris in position to get a long-awaited and much-deserved head coaching gig.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Win win, Draft pick and go get a Fangio. Loved Raheems job last night but we need more picks.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Vikings have requested an interview with Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris for the team's head coaching vacancy.​

The Rams' Monday night domination of the Cardinals couldn't have hurt Morris' chances of landing a head coaching job for next season. Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett and Dallas OC Kellen Moore are also in the running to be Minnesota's next head coach. Morris, 45, was Atlanta's interim head coach in 2020; the team sided with Arthur Smith over Morris, who landed in LA. A strong end-of-season run for the Rams defense could put Morris in position to get a long-awaited and much-deserved head coaching gig.
They won't get a pick, based on the comp rules.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm really glad to see this and congrats to coach. It was sort of pissing me off how he wasn't on those lists while some other dipshits were.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's 49 pages on this thread.
In the past, when there's that many pages debating whether a player or coach should stay on the team, it only means one thing -- he shouldn't.
We are really missing Staley. Even with injuries I think he makes our D better, especially the secondary.
It also makes me nervous about our D in the playoffs. To be fair to Morris, our secondary is gutted right now & just saw we're bringing in Weddle for cryin' out loud. It's gonna take a miracle for us to pull out a win tonight.

LET'S GO RAMS
And yet San Diego, I mean the Chargers, defense got worse this season. Imagine that.
Defense was awesome yesterday. Morris going nowhere

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He might go to Minnesota.

Ramon Ram

Starter
They won't get a pick, based on the comp rules.
I thought if African American coach gets promotion then the losing team gets compensation picks?

The gist of the resolution:

• A team that loses a minority assistant coach who becomes a head coach or loses a personnel executive who becomes a general manager will receive third-round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts.

• A team that loses two minority staffers to head coach and general manager positions would receive three third-round picks.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I thought if African American coach gets promotion then the losing team gets compensation picks?

The gist of the resolution:

• A team that loses a minority assistant coach who becomes a head coach or loses a personnel executive who becomes a general manager will receive third-round compensatory picks in each of the next two drafts.

• A team that loses two minority staffers to head coach and general manager positions would receive three third-round picks.

Have to be with the team for 2 years.