Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Raheem is a good DC.

The D let up one touchdown drive today and stopped the Vikes on a short field once and turned it over on another. We could say it's a fluke to get the turnover there, but it's not a fluke when you keep doing it.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only thing that constantly bugs me about Morris and the way he runs the D is all that 10yard cushion bull shit he runs …
Start of the game he is aggressive plays man and the D looks fierce get up by two TDS and let’s the offense March down the field on us

Some games wouldn’t be as close as they were if he just stayed aggressive we have the dogs for it especially on the front 7

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The only thing that constantly bugs me about Morris and the way he runs the D is all that 10yard cushion bull shit he runs …
Start of the game he is aggressive plays man and the D looks fierce get up by two TDS and let’s the offense March down the field on us

Some games wouldn’t be as close as they were if he just stayed aggressive we have the dogs for it especially on the front 7
Based on the big picture results, I'm okay with what he's calling.

That drive was ugly. I don't know how much of that was solely play calling and how much might have been the players easing up.
But I get why he would be criticized for that drive, for sure.

Tano

Legend

That drive was ugly. I don't know how much of that was solely play calling and how much might have been the players easing up.
If he had Jones in the game on that drive, I bet their screens would not have been so successful.

Reeder is just terrible on screens.

I like Reeder's tackling ability for the most part but covering a receiver or catching up to a receiver is not his strong part.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If he had Jones in the game on that drive, I bet their screens would not have been so successful.

Reeder is just terrible on screens.

I like Reeder's tackling ability for the most part but covering a receiver or catching up to a receiver is not his strong part.
Good point.
Minny just looked like they got exactly what they wanted on every play... shit happens, I guess.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame

Yep you knew screen passes and some draw plays were coming to keep our defense honest and we looked totally unprepared for them. Not saying that is on Morris just saying it was frustrating to watch.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
The D played lights out the whole game except for that one drive up 27-13.

But this D has been incredible during the win streak.

With altl the craziness going around with key players missing games and next man up, the Rams are battle tested and ready for the playoffs!!!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I gotta tell you guys.. going back through this thread... ahhhhhhhhh....

robert duvall i love the smell of napalm in the morning GIF by The Good Films

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

That is my main bitch too.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

They are content to chew clock. It drives me crazy sometimes.

I felt they went into prevent too early against Minnesota. It was dangerous against Cousins with the weapons he has.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Perhaps Greg Gaines is one of the main differences. He's really turned it on.
Yup.

I would say that multiple people are stepping up a level. Jones was starting to.. Gaines, for sure, Long has been better, Williams (before yesterday), Scott... a whole host of guys.

The unit is growing together.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They are content to chew clock. It drives me crazy sometimes.

I felt they went into prevent too early against Minnesota. It was dangerous against Cousins with the weapons he has.
It was a bad drive.

It didn't cascade. And it wasn't fully a "prevent" thing.. Minny countered the rush with screens.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It was a bad drive.

It didn't cascade. And it wasn't fully a "prevent" thing.. Minny countered the rush with screens.
And the defensive backs dropping back into a deep zone and on some of those plays only two and three pass rushers. It’s prevent. Don’t allow big plays. But it was too soon. Too much time was left on the clock.