Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Of course you do because he is schemed better, one would think you would approve of an assessment that compliments Morris. Serendipity is the explanation
Maybe some impact? But, not nearly as much as just him performing better.

He was used in more tight coverage last week and didn't play as well.. had two significant penalties.

He's been used in up coverage plenty this season and been beat.

He was dealing with injury coming out of camp and, again, in midseason.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
don't really agree.... I've seen Williams abused in man coverage all year. He was for most of the night last night as well.
He isn't Ramsey (a shutdown corner) he is better in man than zone and when he is playing in man is when he gets the opportunistic pics which made him so popular last season. He has been in more man the past 2 games. If his success is partially due to health good for us. He will never be Jalen but as our best CB on the field yesterday he played well and better than he did prior to the Jags game.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Yes he is mixing more aggressive coverages, but it feels grudgingly. He is so quick to go back to the soft shit. 14 point lead on high scoring teams that chew that up with a quarter left was more risky than playing what had been working and helped get us the 14 point lead.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yes he is mixing more aggressive coverages, but it feels grudgingly. He is so quick to go back to the soft shit. 14 point lead on high scoring teams that chew that up with a quarter left was more risky than playing what had been working and helped get us the 14 point lead.
This “grudgingly” thing…

Can you factor Burgess, Scott & Orr into that?

I mean.. they had 4th and 9… it wasn’t a coverage call.. it was Scott.

And Kirk’s biggest play before that was against tight coverage.

I feel like this is just holding on to a narrative, no matter what actually happened.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rewatching..
The Rams defense got the O the ball in the redzone right after an offensive score.
The Cards still had 24 minutes left...
Brilliant defensive game.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
No snark.. what was an obviously bad call he made? And when I say bad, I mean glaringly fucking bad, since you're calling them "dumb ass."
Rushing only two guys on that play where it was 20 yards to a first down whilst simultaneously dropping everyone super deep into coverage, ensuring that Murray would have a running lane to pick up a shit ton of that yardage... Which is exactly what happened.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Rushing only two guys on that play where it was 20 yards to a first down whilst simultaneously dropping everyone super deep into coverage, ensuring that Murray would have a running lane to pick up a shit ton of that yardage... Which is exactly what happened.
Sometimes.. players make plays.

Because.. for example.. one time he didn't do that? Scott fucked up and Kirk got behind him... late in the game.

I'm just not going to kill him for that play. Floyd had a chance to make the play on that and either end the half or stop him from getting close enough for the FG.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Rams defense showed life last night. Thank goodness. The front 7 and AD was dominant and Von Miller and Floyd stepped up.

The defense that showed up last night can help us go deep in the playoffs.

But 2nd and 3rd and long still troubles the Rams. And the special teams (other than the FG team) hasn't been so good. We even gave them the onside kick which gave them a shot. Thank goodness Matt Gay has been just as good as Greg the leg.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Sometimes.. players make plays.

Because.. for example.. one time he didn't do that? Scott fucked up and Kirk got behind him... late in the game.

I'm just not going to kill him for that play. Floyd had a chance to make the play on that and either end the half or stop him from getting close enough for the FG.
See, that's just doing what you're saying others are doing: meeting the narrative regardless of the evidence. When playing running QBs you have to keep contain or you give up huge chunks of yardage. You can't keep contain with only 2 rushers. It was a bad play call. It's one play. You can't even admit he called one suboptimal play?

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just ask you guys here. Did it seem to you guys that Morris made any adjustments to the D knowing that we would be so light in the secondary? Did he make any adjustments from the first half to the second? He definitely dialed up more of the pressure.

Tano

Legend
Kupp,

This is the primary dumbass play I was referring to

1639590883114.png

You just don't rush 2 pass rushers especially against someone like Kyler

You just don't.

I would call this a dumbass play if Belicheat or Staley ran it.

This is just an awful awful play and nothing you say will change my mind about it.

When I originally saw it - I said to myself - what the hell - don't do that aaaaaaahhhhhhh

Welp here comes the field goal try

I would have been okay with rushing 4 and keeping a spy

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Kupp,

This is the primary dumbass play I was referring to

View attachment 50330

You just don't rush 2 pass rushers especially against someone like Kyler

You just don't.

I would call this a dumbass play if Belicheat or Staley ran it.

This is just an awful awful play and nothing you say will change my mind about it.

When I originally saw it - I said to myself - what the hell - don't do that aaaaaaahhhhhhh

Welp here comes the field goal try

I would have been okay with rushing 4 and keeping a spy
That's the one!

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
We have to give a big congratulation to Morris for the Cardinals game plan. He has redeemed himself in my mind. Way to go Rams Defense and the ST. Both made the perfect adjustments to get that big win. I'm still watching highlights LOL

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Ill never understand why teams go to a soft shell D once they get ahead late in the game. Not to knit pick because before the 4th quarter the Rams defense looked great. However some things that stood out to me still.
Floyd shouldn't be covering Conner on 7 routes. Even tho he actually had good coverage, he had terrible technique. If that makes any sense. No instincts when defending the pass from a man to man perspective. I don't mind dropping him into coverage on a cover 3 flats or something like that but he shouldnt be manned up.
Rapp shouldn't be covering in a 2 deep shell. He just doesn't have the feet for it.
Scott isn't that great.
Why isn't Burgess playing roaming safety? Is he actually worse than Scott and rapp?

Anyways it was a great game, liked the game plan. Wasn't perfect, Floyd needs to learn not to rush up the field against QBs like Murray. And Miller is a stud. He didn't have any sacks but he was right there the majority of the game and truly understood how to contain his side of the field.
I was impressed with Miller. He was in on the 4th down stop on conner late in the game. Among other plays and affected play thru out the game.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
This “grudgingly” thing…

Can you factor Burgess, Scott & Orr into that?

I mean.. they had 4th and 9… it wasn’t a coverage call.. it was Scott.

And Kirk’s biggest play before that was against tight coverage.

I feel like this is just holding on to a narrative, no matter what actually happened.
I could say the same.
I see improvement all around and Morris I am sure, is a big reason. I just worry about him going back to what he is most comfortable with. Which in my opinion is not what our secondary is best at.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was impressed with Miller. He was in on the 4th down stop on conner late in the game. Among other plays and affected play thru out the game.

Well did you see AD99 on that last sack ?
LMAO - he was doing NOTHING on that play. How Murray got away from him was crazy. Von Miller stayed in place & held containment. The only place Murray could go was coward left. He Tried to get a pass off,but there was good coverage on his first option read & then all of a sudden AD99 saw him getting away from Von Miller.
AD99 is so good,but if you go back that play was all most all Von Miller.Then again don’t want to take away how great AD99 is and the play he made still. Murray was dead in the grass once he hesitated after getting away from Miller.He might have afraid of what he saw coming at him as well.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
LMAO - he was doing NOTHING on that play. How Murray got away from him was crazy. Von Miller stayed in place & held containment. The only place Murray could go was coward left. He Tried to get a pass off,but there was good coverage on his first option read & then all of a sudden AD99 saw him getting away from Von Miller.
AD99 is so good,but if you go back that play was all most all Von Miller.Then again don’t want to take away how great AD99 is and the play he made still. Murray was dead in the grass once he hesitated after getting away from Miller.He might have afraid of what he saw coming at him as well.
Yes, I saw how the play went down. Miller came in free and the short little fucker ducked out. AD cleaned up. AD is pretty fast.

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
I'd be afraid too

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
AD99 may have been sagging back a bit at the start of the last play -- but that first play of the game he took the opposing OG (OC?) all the way back to the QB.... that guy did not know what hit him.
Donald is THE MAN!!