Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Excellent College DC, however, my hope is Morris is hired by the Las Vegas Raiders & the Broncos fire Vic Fangio and then the Rams hire Fangio as their DC for the next several years.

This is how you get a Rams dynasty.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This is how you get a Rams dynasty.
Rams fans and Dan Orlovsky freaked out over Reeder being over Adam in the slot.
Next week I see Kenny Young over Tyreek Hill in the slot. Crickets.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
The matchup is analogous.

Rams fans and Dan Orlovsky freaked out over Reeder being over Adam in the slot.
Next week I see Kenny Young over Tyreek Hill in the slot. Crickets.

Young is a better coverage linebacker, but your point is legitimate. I didn't see the Chiefs play so I can't critique that but Reeder should never be in coverage or a spy, unless he's spying Roethlisberger. Reeder and Rapp in the open field trying to tackle Murray is one of the all-time greatest tragedies in sports.

Ric Flair

Rookie
Name
Spanky
Is Anybody else starting to think “Kupped” is really Morris himself?

Guy will literally say anything to defend Morris. Even talking about a former ram and current bronco.

Like it’s his crusade to defend the indefensible.

WOoOooOoOo

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

Guy will literally say anything to defend Morris. Even talking about a former ram and current bronco.

WOoOooOoOo
Great way to oversimplify.

Another way to look at it is offenses use movement, formations and a defense’s “rules” against it to create mismatches.

But, you know.. you’d have to consider whether there’s any structural relationship between the two defenses.

What’s that? The Rams are trying to run Staley’s version of Fangio’s D?

Oh.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
What’s that? The Rams are trying to run Staley’s version of Fangio’s D?

You're forgetting the fact that Ramsey was usually on the opposing team's #1 receiver last year. This year, dude is covering tight ends, slot receivers and is blitzing more than ever in his career. Stevie Wonder could see that blatant misuse of talent..

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You're forgetting the fact that Ramsey was usually on the opposing team's #1 receiver last year. This year, dude is covering tight ends, slot receivers and is blitzing more than ever in his career. Stevie Wonder could see that blatant misuse of talent..
Not completely accurate.
And he was on Adams 56%, for example.
And… is it? More ints & passes defenses than last year already.

It still needs work, and Morris seems to be trying.

I’m of the school of thought that putting Ramsey in man on one guy, all game long, is a waste.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

WOoOooOoOo

You would think Kupped would be focused on the Cardinals game, but instead, he's here, trying to defend himself, and Staley for some reason, haha.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well as long as he's getting his stats, right??
Nope. But those stats reflect the expressed goal of moving him around… having him make impact plays.
Remember, Staley brought the position to the Rams, not Morris.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Well as long as he's getting his stats, right??
Nope. But those stats reflect the expressed goal of moving him around… having him make impact plays.
Remember, Staley brought the position to the Rams, not Morris.
When Morris was questioned about the expectations having been the #1 defense in yards and points allowed last season, he said they aren't worried about those stats and that they want to have "make a difference" plays. Well, Ramsey is definitely having those MAD plays and the defense is sure playing like they aren't worried about being the #1 defense in any category. I would say this is playing out exactly how Morris told us it would before the season started. The overall defense is worse, but individual players are hitting those MAD plays and pumping their personal stat line.

EDIT: more tpyos

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Young is a better coverage linebacker, but your point is legitimate. I didn't see the Chiefs play so I can't critique that but Reeder should never be in coverage or a spy, unless he's spying Roethlisberger. Reeder and Rapp in the open field trying to tackle Murray is one of the all-time greatest tragedies in sports.
In no world should an ILB be covering Hill, any ILB in the league should not be covering Tyreek Hill.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
When Morris was questioned about the expectations having been the #1 defense in yards and points allowed last season, he said they aren't worried about those stats and that they want to have "make a difference" plays. Well, Ramsey is definitely having those MAD plays and the defense is sure playing like they aren't worried about being the #1 defense in any category. I would say this is playing out exactly how Morris told us it would before the season started. The overall defense is worse, but individual players are hitting those MAD plays and pumping their personal stat line.

EDIT: more tpyos
I’d say there are a couple of big factors that are important in making comps to last year’s system.
First off.. teams had a year of tape to look at. Don’t think that matters? Go look at the Chargers D and see how it’s doing.
The Rams lost a lot of players on D. Part of the cost of paying about $43 mil to the QB position.
It’s hard to know how much better this D would be with only Hill & Johnson from that group.. but I am pretty confident it would make a big difference.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You would think Kupped would be focused on the Cardinals game, but instead, he's here, trying to defend himself, and Staley for some reason, haha.
I can carry on more than one convo about the Rams at a time and have talked about that game on the appropriate thread.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm hoping we see a ton of Jones & Rapp in the box. There was some of that look last game and I think it will give them good second level speed to the edge to help contain that little MFer.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm just giving you a tough time, nothing personal.
Honestly, I’m just cantankerous at times. I know it’s not personal, and it’s really not personal from me.

Obviously, I don’t mind challenging different thought processes.. and hopefully triggers responses that challenge me to communicate my point better.. or to be open and learn from others.

TMI, I know.. lol,

Go Rams!