Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My agenda is taking a holistic look at why the Rams are losing.
Your agenda appears to be finding ONE reason they are losing. But there isn't just one reason. This three game stretch has been a full team fail.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Your agenda appears to be finding ONE reason they are losing. But there isn't just one reason. This three game stretch has been a full team fail.
Not true.
All three phases matter.

This is a “Fire Morris” thread… obviously pinning blame on him.

I’m pointing out that the bigger factor in this losing streak is the offense, especially turnovers…. Especially turnovers directly leading to points.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not true.
All three phases matter.

This is a “Fire Morris” thread… obviously pinning blame on him.

I’m pointing out that the bigger factor in this losing streak is the offense, especially turnovers…. Especially turnovers directly leading to points.
You just had a back and forth where you disregarded anything to do with the defense factoring in.

But either way I'm gonna just let you do your thing. Keep on with your big mission hope it works out for you.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You just had a back and forth where you disregarded anything to do with the defense factoring in.

But either way I'm gonna just let you do your thing. Keep on with your big mission hope it works out for you.

Well, I don’t believe I have.

But statistics show teams that win the turnover battle win more than 75% of the time.

They show teams that throw pick 6s lose more than 85 percent of the time.

Teams that give up 19 points on offense and special teams don’t win games.

Why this idea is so extreme to some baffles me.

The Rams were 7-1 when the offense was doing it’s job. The three game losing streak coincides with pick 6s, Ints and fumbles.

Turnovers. Turnovers. Turnovers.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wade Phillips defense was ranked 17th in the NFL and he got fired. Morris' defense is ranked 21st and trending down. Why is he still on the team? This is basically the same defense that was #1 under Staley last year.
Wade Phillips was not fired by the Rams.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Wade Phillips was not fired by the Rams.
The Rams D is 15th in yardage.
If you take out the points that were produced by the offense, they would be #6 in scoring defense.

Yes, we could probably adjust other teams defensive scoring as well.. but I just thought I’d show just how big a difference it would make in the stat rankings.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

View: https://twitter.com/LArams4L/status/1465427405481328651?t=sjauaYa-SE53uj0HbxG-lQ&s=19

Now we may be nobody's we may just bullshit and bicker observe give opinions but if we know this and they know this. Rex Ryan sitting right there Dan is actually angry this can't be. It's like self sabotage. Hearing it from people that actually played the game is making me angry. We may be a Ramily but we are just people on a forum right but to hear someone that played my blood pressure is sky rocketing as I type this. You have to question wtf is going on.

I'm still beating the horse, but does this mean it's not dead???

Asking for a friend...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Fans are crazy, we bicker and get stupid about shit but that doesn't mean we're clueless about the game. You don't have to know the calls to know there's a disconnect. When there's a clear trend with certain DCs it's a lot like a win/loss record for a team where you know what he is.

I have this saying... "you don't have to be a chef to know something tastes like shit"

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Just use logic.

Offense & special teams spotted the Pack 19 points.

We also got defensive stops when the Pack abandoned the pass and just went to the run. That wasn't happening when their offense was clicking.

So, we don't know how it would have played out without that.

Point being is that the offense seems to have issues replacing Woods and having Stafford be more of a game manager while injured, the defense is schematically in shambles and the special teams outside of the FG unit is garbage.

Oh, and for those harshing on Hekker... other than that one muff, he's been money. Our coverage units are so bad that he's trying and succeeding in NOT overkicking the coverage which isn't good. There's where we REALLY miss Skowronek. He routinely got down the field and in position to make the tackle on longer punts.

It's easy to be Bojorquez and just boom punts against us when we have ZERO return game.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Broken record
Sure.
Haven't seen anyone who's on the "fire Morris" train acknowledge the plain reality of these statistics.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact of the game, that you end up losing 8 out of 10 times in the NFL when you give up a pick-6 or equivalent. Add in even more points given up by the offense and the odds get even worse.

So.. it's actually an unbroken record.. because the factual basis for this argument profoundly beats out any of the "but I don't like his defensive scheme" arguments when it comes to recent losses.

Tano

Legend
Sure.
Haven't seen anyone who's on the "fire Morris" train acknowledge the plain reality of these statistics.

It's not an opinion, it's a fact of the game, that you end up losing 8 out of 10 times in the NFL when you give up a pick-6 or equivalent. Add in even more points given up by the offense and the odds get even worse.

So.. it's actually an unbroken record.. because the factual basis for this argument profoundly beats out any of the "but I don't like his defensive scheme" arguments when it comes to recent losses.
Well .... It sure as heck doesn't help

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Well .... It sure as heck doesn't help
No, it doesn’t.

Something to consider.. McVay is 7-22 when behind at the half.

As “bad” as the D has been, it’s maintained McVay’s “ahead at halftime” win streak.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Sure.

Sorry incorrect. Your so confident take a poll. Offense is partially to blame yes but defense is more of an issue. Defense is out there double the offense that would be great if AD was a running back and Ramsey a wr!!!!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Sorry incorrect. Your so confident take a poll. Offense is partially to blame yes but defense is more of an issue. Defense is out there double the offense that would be great if AD was a running back and Ramsey a wr!!!!
Polls are about opinions.

The number about pick-6s is a fact.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
@Kupped the majority of opinions are based on the intelligence of most of the people in this forum and everyone here is pretty knowledgeable. That said tour argument has merit just small minded not the entire picture.

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
There’s also zero discussion crediting the defense for two stops after turnovers deep in Rams territory.

No credit for good plays/possessions… only blame for bad ones.

That’s not a good faith discussion.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The majority opinions are based on the intelligence of most of the people in this forum and everyone here is pretty knowledgeable. That said tour argument has merit just small minded not the entire picture.
No.

Because I’m not debating whether the defensive scheme needs adjustments. It does.

I’m talking about what the bigger problems are for this team. It’s the offense and turnovers right now.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
No.

Because I’m not debating whether the defensive scheme needs adjustments. It does.

I’m talking about what the bigger problems are for this team. It’s the offense and turnovers right now.

Again wrong change the the defensive scheme and you will get a better offense. Give the offense a chance give them the same possessions they typically get or should get. Mcvay needs to change it up too they have there own issues all 3 phase right now but more has to do with the defense.

Offense ranked where?
Defense ranked where?

Enough said
Both units need help defense more