Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They're seeing what we're seeing. We saw Ramsey covering the te while Rodgers passed to a wide open Adams covered by that snail reeder.

Ramsey can say whatever he wants but he's being wasted out there.

Tell us what you really think, Orlovsky!

Yeah.. that certainly wasn't good.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So many people talking about Aubrey Pleasant... effing Joe Barry worked the Rams offense over yesterday, completely. Why wasn't he good enough?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
They're seeing what we're seeing. We saw Ramsey covering the te while Rodgers passed to a wide open Adams covered by that snail reeder.

Ramsey can say whatever he wants but he's being wasted out there.

That's my point and that's what's making me so angry. The answers are so obvious. Hope is they doing a rope a dope with the huge start they got they will make it into the tournament then boom change that shit up and lock down man to man safeties lows teams will be like wtf not what we prepared for......hey man I'm so pissed I need to dream think positive and have hope!!!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

View: https://twitter.com/LArams4L/status/1465427405481328651?t=sjauaYa-SE53uj0HbxG-lQ&s=19

Now we may be nobody's we may just bullshit and bicker observe give opinions but if we know this and they know this. Rex Ryan sitting right there Dan is actually angry this can't be. It's like self sabotage. Hearing it from people that actually played the game is making me angry. We may be a Ramily but we are just people on a forum right but to hear someone that played my blood pressure is sky rocketing as I type this. You have to question wtf is going on.

Man, this is a great find. Glad it's not just us fans seeing it, and not just opposing QBs. Troy Reeder on Adams while Jalen is matched up on Mercedes Lewis really brings home the point of how bad a job Morris is doing. You can make all the excuses you want about personnel we lost and limitations of the ones we have, but Reeder on Adams while the best cover corner in football is matched up against a so-so tight end in Lewis speaks VOLUMES about the job Morris is doing with this defense - and it ain't good.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Man, this is a great find. Glad it's not just us fans seeing it, and not just opposing QBs. Troy Reeder on Adams while Jalen is matched up on Mercedes Lewis really brings home the point of how bad a job Morris is doing. You can make all the excuses you want about personnel we lost and limitations of the ones we have, but Reeder on Adams while the best cover corner in football is matched up against a so-so tight end in Lewis speaks VOLUMES about the job Morris is doing with this defense - and it ain't good.
So... we're doing the "one play" thing?

Then what are we saying about the offense?

By the way.. Ramsey followed Adams 56% of the time... Adams was 5 of 5 for targets for 41 yards.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

By the way.. Ramsey followed Adams 56% of the time... Adams was 5 of 5 for targets for 41 yards.

It happened on more than one play that Reeder was on Adams. It also happened that Green Bay repeatedly exploited Reeder in coverage no matter who was out there, with no adjustments by Morris at all.

As for your question on the offense, I have been plenty critical of them in other threads. As I said to you in another reply, learn the healing power of "and". It's not the offense OR the defense that lost this game, it's the offense AND the defense (AND special teams).

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

If the defense is out there constantly for 7-10 minute drives your cutting your offensive possessions. There is no continuity no flow because they then start to force things, make mistakes, or call bad plays. Then factor in the variables ok we haven't had akers but let's face it would be a great help no? blocking tight ends higs and that's it. Then add in the biggest variable no Bobby Trees and trying to get familiar with a new receiver who isn't a 3rd or 4th receiver he actually now becomes one of the primary receivers so between less possessions, injury, poor play calls, and less possessions, to me in this case in my opinion it stems from the defense. Less offensive possessions playing from behind.
Teams have a game plan but we are actually executing it for them.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It happened on more than one play that Reeder was on Adams. It also happened that Green Bay repeatedly exploited Reeder in coverage no matter who was out there, with no adjustments by Morris at all.

As for your question on the offense, I have been plenty critical of them in other threads. As I said to you in another reply, learn the healing power of "and". It's not the offense OR the defense that lost this game, it's the offense AND the defense (AND special teams).
I think my biggest issue is the "fire Morris" brigade. There's a difference between legit criticism and that nonsense, imo.

But I'm disagreeing in that the offense and special teams bear much more of the responsibility for the loss.

The defensive issues are related to some scheme issues.. *and* a significant loss of talent that wasn't replaced.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If the defense is out there constantly for 7-10 minute drives your cutting your offensive possessions. There is no continuity no flow because they then start to force things, make mistakes, or call bad plays. Then factor in the variables ok we haven't had akers but let's face it would be a great help no? blocking tight ends higs and that's it. Then add in the biggest variable no Bobby Trees and trying to get familiar with a new receiver who isn't a 3rd or 4th receiver he actually now becomes one of the primary receivers so between less possessions, injury, poor play calls, and less possessions, to me in this case in my opinion it stems from the defense. Less offensive possessions playing from behind.
Teams have a game plan but we are actually executing it for them.
If the offense spots the other team 19 points, you're not winning.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think my biggest issue is the "fire Morris" brigade. There's a difference between legit criticism and that nonsense, imo.

But I'm disagreeing in that the offense and special teams bear much more of the responsibility for the loss.

The defensive issues are related to some scheme issues.. *and* a significant loss of talent that wasn't replaced.

Which nonsense are you speaking of?

Believe me, I am giving absolutely no quarter whatsoever to the offense or special teams when assigning blame for this loss. I am every bit as hard on them, if not harder, than I am on the D. But the D IMO opinion underwhelmed by letting the Pack have multiple long drives, giving up too many 3rd down conversions (a problem all year), giving up easy mismatches due to scheme, and failing to take advantage of an OL that was missing 3/5 of its normal starters and had a 3rd string LT.

D doesn't take all the blame, and not even a majority of it. But they do take a sizeable share nevertheless.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Which nonsense are you speaking of?

Believe me, I am giving absolutely no quarter whatsoever to the offense or special teams when assigning blame for this loss. I am every bit as hard on them, if not harder, than I am on the D. But the D IMO opinion underwhelmed by letting the Pack have multiple long drives, giving up too many 3rd down conversions (a problem all year), giving up easy mismatches due to scheme, and failing to take advantage of an OL that was missing 3/5 of its normal starters and had a 3rd string LT.

D doesn't take all the blame, and not even a majority of it. But they do take a sizeable share nevertheless.
The title of the thread.. "fire Morris." That's nonsense, imo.
The D stopped the Pack in the 4th, twice, when it was still a game. The D let up 17 points.. the offense was responsible for 19. No, it's not on the defense nearly as much as it's on the offense... both for the turnovers, and the failures to produce in the 4th.

They don't get close to the blame the offense does, in my book.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
If the offense spots the other team 19 points, you're not winning.

I hear you but in many case championship competitive teams find a way. See the ravens last night.

Also again it's a team game when one cog suffers typically it effects the other. Plain and simple what's worse right now the offense or the defense?
The game is being shortened for the offense they have to play perfect because the defensive scheme blows. If the defense was at least 30-40% better and the offense still struggled then yes but hard to be effective if your out there like it's preseason with limited possessions because the other team is eating up 3/4 of every quarter on there possessions. Then you force quick strikes which has been happening a lot.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I hear you but in many case championship competitive teams find a way. See the ravens last night.

Also again it's a team game when one cog suffers typically it effects the other. Plain and simple what's worse right now the offense or the defense?
The game is being shortened for the offense they have to play perfect because the defensive scheme blows. If the defense was at least 30-40% better and the offense still struggled then yes but hard to be effective if your out there like it's preseason with limited possessions because the other team is eating up 3/4 of every quarter on there possessions. Then you force quick strikes which has been happening a lot.
The Rams are spending about $40 million more on the QB position than the Ravens. Is that Morris' fault?
I'm sorry, if that's the comp you want to use, have fun, I'm out on that one.

The Rams defense is designed for this. It's McVay's choice. Just like it was McVay's choice to dump Goff and get Stafford... a move that severely impacted the team financially.. and they lost 5 players on defense including 2 starting DBs that they just haven't come close to replacing and, oh, they dumped their most reliable ILB in the middle of the season???

It's VERY clear that the offense is worse right now.. they've spotted teams leads in multiple games and haven't been able to overcome that.

The defense let up 17 points... want me to give you the missed FG? Okay... 20 points. On the road.. to Aaron Rogers.

What are we even talking about?

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
The Rams are spending about $40 million more on the QB position than the Ravens. Is that Morris' fault?

The Rams defense is designed for this. It's McVay's choice. Just like it was McVay's choice to dump Goff and get Stafford... a move that severely impacted the team financially.. and they lost 5 players on defense including 2 starting DBs that they just haven't come close to replacing and, oh, they dumped their most reliable ILB in the middle of the season???

It's VERY clear that the offense is worse right now.. they've spotted teams leads in multiple games and haven't been able to overcome that.

The defense let up 17 points... want me to give you the missed FG? Okay... 20 points. On the road.. to Aaron Rogers.

I hear what you're saying... but he just needs to plain scheme up better when our best D lineman gets double and tripled team on just every other play.. 99 is not lasting forever just saying.
1638248335824.png

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I hear what you're saying... but he just needs to plain scheme up better when our best D lineman gets double and tripled team on just every other play.. 99 is not lasting forever just saying.
View attachment 49999
And players like Von and Floyd need to step up. It’s easy to focus on guys like Reeder & Rapp… but did the stars make any plays?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Coach Aubrey Pleasant was a huge loss that nobody is bringing up. Our CB and especially our safeties were so well coached when he was here. Just have to look at how many of them got paid then faded after leaving him.
No doubt. In hindsight I'll bet they wish they gave him that passing game coordinator job under Morris.

People make mistakes - it happens

Own it and move on

I would have a lot of respect for McVay if he did that
Agreed. Though the only way I can see McVay firing him is if they start having serious disagreements on scheme and the way forward. That is the kind of thing that will make him change the DC out before the end of the season. But they're good friends so they'll work shit out and then part ways after the season.

View: https://twitter.com/LArams4L/status/1465427405481328651?t=sjauaYa-SE53uj0HbxG-lQ&s=19

Now we may be nobody's we may just bullshit and bicker observe give opinions but if we know this and they know this. Rex Ryan sitting right there Dan is actually angry this can't be. It's like self sabotage. Hearing it from people that actually played the game is making me angry. We may be a Ramily but we are just people on a forum right but to hear someone that played my blood pressure is sky rocketing as I type this. You have to question wtf is going on.

Fans are crazy, we bicker and get stupid about shit but that doesn't mean we're clueless about the game. You don't have to know the calls to know there's a disconnect. When there's a clear trend with certain DCs it's a lot like a win/loss record for a team where you know what he is.

Morris has a long way to go. He's a smart dude but he is not a top DC not even close. His development the rest of the way is one of the big questions as well wrt how far this team goes.

View attachment 49999
That picture is crazy. Just crazy. But for the record I don't think we have too many issues up front. Most of our probs are secondary related, if they can fix them then we're gonna see how good that front is.

And by front I don't mean the ILBs, though Jones is a guy who should keep improving.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

Again the continuous missing we are missing woods and despite the fact you say you like mcvay you seem to want to lynch him. Perhaps you are unhappy with some trades however we are talking about here and now not trades made or trying to rewrite history.

This conversation is about on field play and while some of your point are valid you still have to account for how if one units is worse than the other it could effect said unit as well. So which unit is worse? Mcvay may beaking some crap play calls but at least he knows to play to what is our best strength on offense at least skill wise can we say the same for Morris. If you want a linebacker don't use our best cover corner and probably the best in the league to do that job.

That's like mcvay using cup at running back tightend and guard!!!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Again the continuous missing we are missing woods and despite the fact you say you like mcvay you seem to want to lynch him. Perhaps you are unhappy with some trades however we are talking about here and now not trades made or trying to rewrite history.

This conversation is about on field play and while some of your point are valid you still have to account for how if one units is worse than the other it could effect said unit as well. So which unit is worse? Mcvay may beaking some crap play calls but at least he knows to play to what is our best strength on offense at least skill wise can we say the same for Morris. If you want a linebacker don't use our best cover corner and probably the best in the league to do that job.

That's like mcvay using cup at running back tightend and guard!!!
And the defense doesn't have Hollins, SJD or Kenny Young from this season.
And the guys Morris was given to work with on the back end.. Rapp, Burgess and Long are not good.

Could it be something like calling for a fake FG with 8 seconds left deep in the enemy territory? That kind of mind-blowingly bad decision?

No, I'm not here to take McVay down. I think the "fire Morris" stuff is just wrong and think the big picture is about McVay.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

I was being sarcastic but what we are talking about is that the defensive players that left were not defense ending players but we all expected a dip.

What we are truly discussing is usage of what you have.
And while by no means is mcvay blameless he has a huge part on this maybe he needs to stop rah rah and kick ass..maybe don't hire Morris .. there are many things that we can take issue with however at least as far as using what you got scheming etc while both he and Morris are under performing morris by far is under performing. The defense is making the offense even worse. I mean clearly everyone or most understand this. Clearly it's being said by many here in the forum, media, broadcasters. They constantly during the games say something about they don't understand why Ramsey etc. Or why the safeties are always 2 deep or why the zone cushion of 6-9 yds when a teams may need 6 yds. Just not making sense.

Everyone is to blame here and special teams blow too. It's no coincidence though all 3 phase suffer when one phase is suffering so in my opinion blame goes everywhere but if the defense was better or at least schemed better scheme to your strengths and if you suck then we'll then the players suck. Can't fit a square peg in a round hole.
The offense with new players no woods and a stubborn coach cannot afford to lose possessions over and over.