Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
One thing posters on here forget very quickly is how bad the offenses the Rams played last year.
Murray was dealing with injuries… Washington & Philly were absolutely disasters on O, especially early. Chicago… the Niners with a backup.. oh, btw.. Niners got 390 when Jimmy G was healthy.

So, the results? Against GB & Niners? Same as last year, basically.
Arizona? Completely different team than they faced last year.
Tennessee? Defense did its job.

What good offense did the Rams shut down last year?

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
The shit rolls downhill folks. Its hard to pick out one coach for blame. The entire coaching staff is blowing it. Look at the bumbling ST play this season. The line play. The Rams needed to do whatever it took to hold onto their coaching staff and they let them walk. I will never get that.

GB had the ball twice as long as we had the ball. They ran 17 more plays. The 49ers had the ball twice as long and ran 10 more plays. The defense's strategy allows that to happen.

Yeah, the offense has a lot to do with that too. Too many mistakes. Turnovers, dropped passes, bad passes, etc. Its a team game and the whole team is the problem. Morris is only part of it. Along with everyone else.

As much as I don't like Morris...I think its the scheme that's the problem more than anything. Having a scheme that lets long drives happen is great if you are ahead and want them to bleed the clock for you. Having said that...why in the world is McVay going to a hurry up offense when we need to give our a D a breather? We went 3 and out in less than a minute...which is not what the D needs to rest back up and hit the field again.

The running attack is laughable because Henderson can get tackled by a guy who is practically lying on his back. He is so...so..so Bad at breaking tackles its almost comical. Does Henderson provide something in the form of pass protection that Sony does not? Other than that angle, I really don't see the love affair McVay has going with him. He is a major reason we can't eat clock IMO.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Pretty simple as I see it...

Don't get people off the field easily. Even when they do, they're giving up 2-3 first downs and letting 3-4 minutes get chewed off the clock. That's the best job they've done this year...

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Whoever made the call to trade a promising young punter to Green Bay made a huge mistake. We've seen too many mistakes like that with this years Rams.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Does Henderson provide something in the form of pass protection that Sony does not? Other than that angle, I really don't see the love affair McVay has going with him. He is a major reason we can't eat clock IMO.

I think Hendo probably provides more in the passing game, hence McVay's preference for him.

I'd prefer to see more of Michel early and Hendo late. Let Michel grind out some yards and wear down a D, and then put the more explosive Hendo in later when tackles are easier to break. There have been a few runs this year where Hendo was one guy away from a house call. I'd like to see him get some of those opportunities against a D that had some in-game fatigue on it.

Tano

Legend
This game is a great example of the offense being the problem with time of possession, unlike the Niners game.

I don’t know that the D would’ve stopped them… I just know it’s a lot tougher to go 225 yards than 25.
Yeah but I still think GB would have just had more 5 to 7 minute timekiller drives

We weren't stopping them especially with the way Reeder was playing last night.

Almost every 3rd down that was turned into a first down was due to Reeder failing to make a stop. That one where he fell down face first ..... :bomb:

If he just does a couple of them, this game turns out differently imho.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yeah but I still think GB would have just had more 5 to 7 minute timekiller drives

We weren't stopping them especially with the way Reeder was playing last night.

Almost every 3rd down that was turned into a first down was due to Reeder failing to make a stop. That one where he fell down face first ..... :bomb:

If he just does a couple of them, this game turns out differently imho.
The Rams D made stops in the 4th when there was still a shot.

Sorry, that’s just what happened.

Tano

Legend
The Rams D made stops in the 4th when there was still a shot.

Sorry, that’s just what happened.
And as I stated - GB went into conservative mode in the 4th qtr - not going to change my mind on that

Edit - My memory is bad. I was wrong.

The first drive they held due to a holding call and us actually stopping a 3rd and 6 play.

The second drive they held due to the one good play by Reeder resulting in -1 yard on first down and Rodgers getting antsy and not making good throws - i need to rewatch to see what actually happened on those plays

The third drive - we didn't hold - they did a somewhat time consuming 3 minute drive and then missed a 41 yard FG

Last edited:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
And as I stated - GB went into conservative mode in the 4th qtr - not going to change my mind on that

Edit - My memory is bad. I was wrong.

The first drive they held due to a holding call and us actually stopping a 3rd and 6 play.

The second drive they held due to the one good play by Reeder resulting in -1 yard on first down and Rodgers getting antsy and not making good throws - i need to rewatch to see what actually happened on those plays

The third drive - we didn't hold - they did a somewhat time consuming 3 minute drive and then missed a 41 yard FG
I appreciate that you went back and looked.
To my point... they did enough of their job. The offense and special teams cost them the game.

Tano

Legend
I appreciate that you went back and looked.
To my point... they did enough of their job. The offense and special teams cost them the game.
Going to have to agree to disagree

The entire team played poorly and cost us that game.

And if the defense makes a couple of plays in the first half, we win that game.

McVay has never lost a game when being given a lead at half time.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Going to have to agree to disagree

The entire team played poorly and cost us that game.

And if the defense makes a couple of plays in the first half, we win that game.

McVay has never lost a game when being given a lead at half time.
And they didn't have a lead at halftime because of the offense!!

I'm not saying the defense played "good".... I'm saying they didn't play "bad" and didn't cost them the game. That's on the offense and special teams.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Coach Aubrey Pleasant was a huge loss that nobody is bringing up. Our CB and especially our safeties were so well coached when he was here. Just have to look at how many of them got paid then faded after leaving him.

Tano

Legend
And they didn't have a lead at halftime because of the offense!!

I'm not saying the defense played "good".... I'm saying they didn't play "bad" and didn't cost them the game. That's on the offense and special teams.
And I am saying the defense was just as big a culprit. Total team failure.

The one play that I just could not get over was Ramsey getting totally faked out by old man Rodgers.

Always go for the tackle and hope your teammates are covering the receiver.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Coach Aubrey Pleasant was a huge loss that nobody is bringing up. Our CB and especially our safeties were so well coached when he was here. Just have to look at how many of them got paid then faded after leaving him.
He was the guy I was hoping McVay would tap for DC, and we would have had more continuity in the secondary had Pleasant got the nod.

Tano

Legend
He was the guy I was hoping McVay would tap for DC, and we would have had more continuity in the secondary had Pleasant got the nod.
Huge mistake on McVays part.

Detroit's defense is actually playing pretty good for having absolutely nobody on their defense other than Brockers.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
And I am saying the defense was just as big a culprit. Total team failure.

The one play that I just could not get over was Ramsey getting totally faked out by old man Rodgers.

Always go for the tackle and hope your teammates are covering the receiver.

And that's where I'll kindly depart.

The D gave up 17 non-short field or pick-6 points in that game.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Huge mistake on McVays part.

Detroit's defense is actually playing pretty good for having absolutely nobody on their defense other than Brockers.

Pleasant will probably be a DC someday, and I'd bet a very good one. But it most likely won't be for us.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Pleasant will probably be a DC someday, and I'd bet a very good one. But it most likely won't be for us.
But he's not a DC this year.
We all think highly of him... but, if he was that good, don't you guys think he would've gotten a DC gig?
Staley picked a guy who coached the same position for the Broncos over him.