Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
McVay had one of his worst games as a HC no doubt and at this point, I wonder if Kyle's in his head now.

Morris from a schematic fit is just wrong for our players.

You weren't here in 2016 when we drafted Goff. I nearly got run off the board telling everyone who would listen that this was gonna be a disaster...NOT because of Goff who I liked as a passer much better than Wentz, but because Fisher was so incompetent hiring OC that they were gonna ruin the kid and Fisher had NEVER developed a pocket passer like Goff. Steve McNair was a "weapon" more than a pocket passer and Kerry Collins was a vet when he got him. Vince Young was basically a giant bust.

I beat the horse dead and then beat the carcass that there was ZERO chance at success for our offense no matter if we had Brady back there. But folks were super excited about the #1 overall draft pick as if that were gonna be enough.

Well, it weren't. Not close. I woulda been more upbeat, but it seemed there was little chance Fisher would get fired. I was shocked when he was.

The issue was the really shitty offensive scheme and I went DEEP into the details about why it was structurally IMPOSSIBLE for it to be successful and it was right and for exactly the right reasons. Hated it to be that way, but I guess it's part of being on the autism spectrum. I see patterns. I can't multitask for shit and I'm overly strident too much, but I see patterns. I won't go into details because my pat response sorta became a running joke, but suffice it to say, I see what I see and then tell y'all.

So when I say that there are STRUCTURAL problems, that should be a red flag to anyone paying attention. When I finally get to that point, I've yet to be wrong.

So scapegoating Morris isn't lame... it's in response to seeing that his scheme is doing what he promised NOT to do which is turn the Staley 3-4 hybrid into a really shitty and acontextual 4-3 hybrid that's maybe the WORST possible defense to go against power running teams. That he REFUSES to change the scheme or the play calls when there is ZERO chance at success means he's never gonna succeed here.

Do Ramsey and AD as leaders let him know? I sure as hell hope so, but without some change, we're only gonna reliably win if we go up and then the Morris 4-3 hybrid only looks kinda mediocre instead of just really bad.

I hope more people see what I was talking about. Sorry, I just had to get that thought out.

By the way, there is a real chance we finish 3rd in the Div and miss the playoffs as there are no games left on the schedule I feel confident we win. None. Not even the Jags.

It’s heartbreaking to see this… but hope springs eternal… there’s always next year.

The structural deficiencies for THIS season are INSURMOUNTABLE at this point. Not even NFL fixing changes our trajectory.

I hate seeing this and wish I saw something else. That I’m just not wrong about these things breaks my heart even further. I was convinced we were winning the Super Bowl. Now I’m not convinced we win more than one game the rest of the way.

I’m so crushed…

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Yet the D had stops in the 4th to make it a game.

The offense failed. Period.

Speeps

Starter
The issues are team related, not solely one side of the ball. Football is complimentary and this team is killing itself in all three phases.

The Rams special teams unit is the worst I’ve probably ever seen. We had Michel and Koski drop the kickoff before recovering it, and then a lost fumble on a return. They are always penalized and seem confused based on usually being out of position. The Rams poor special teams play is somewhat expected. Our roster is top heavy so we have very little depth which means special teams suffer.

We must also remember how young this team and our special teams unit is filled with undrafted players or ones selected in late rounds.

The offense cannot sustain drives because we are always looking for the big play. The little plays lead to the big ones but this offense seems to think it’s the opposite. We dont run the ball well, are unbalanced offensively, and turn the ball over way too much.

Because the offense is currently out of whack, the defense is trotted out on the field often. When our defense is on the field, we give up long drives, are typically out of position, are horrible on third downs, and seem to be proud of the “make them snap it again,” formula. As a result of the defense’s ineffectiveness, the offense is always on the wrong side of the time of possession battle.

I don’t know what causes what, but it doesn’t matter, because we are not good in any phases of the game right now.

On top of that we are incredibly soft and don’t seem to play with much urgency or focus.

Also, blaming everything on the coaches is unfair. The players aren’t playing well at all.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Morris hasn’t shown anything this season to show he’s the right guy.

As a fan it’s embarrassing to listen to Buck and Aikmen bring up the Rams star studded D-line against the Packers hodge-podge O-line. Only To have 1 sack but Greg “Freaking“ Gaines…WTF @Loyal said aloud!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Morris hasn’t shown anything this season to show he’s the right guy.

As a fan it’s embarrassing to listen to Buck and Aikmen bring up the Rams star studded D-line against the Packers hodge-podge O-line. Only To have 1 sack but Greg “Freaking“ Gaines…WTF @Loyal said aloud!
The Rams O and Special Teams basically handed the Pack 19 points.

What secondary players, besides Ramsey & Fuller, can you count on?

If the Rams D actually loses a game, I’ll start to really focus on Morris.

But this game and the last 2 are way more on McVay & offense.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams O and Special Teams basically handed the Pack 19 points.

What secondary players, besides Ramsey & Fuller, can you count on?

If the Rams D actually loses a game, I’ll start to really focus on Morris.

But this game and the last 2 are way more on McVay & offense.
I agree and I go back to my previous point. Morris does not scheme well for the players he has available (IMO)

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I agree and I go back to my previous point. Morris does not scheme well for the players he has available (IMO)
What scheme are David Long, Jr, Terrell Burgess, Deayon and Taylor Rapp good for that fit together?

Oh.. and Reeder and Jones?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What scheme are David Long, Jr, Terrell Burgess, Deayon and Taylor Rapp good for that fit together?

Oh.. and Reeder and Jones?
So you wanna argue … you win dude. Wasting my time with you is useless!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It probably is.

Sorry, but I’m just over the Morris hyper-blame when McVay has Wayyyy more to answer for.

Learn the healing power of "and" ... such as, "Morris AND McVay both have a lot to answer for."

It's not either/or.

Tano

Legend
But.. AGAIN…sure, Morris is the problem.
Your stats are overly simplified.

We only stopped Green Bay twice in the first 3 quarters and they had 3 long drives (one we stopped at our 45). How do you know we would have stopped them if we had punted the ball away on those 2 offensive turnovers (I am not counting the muffed punt because the defense had actually stopped Green Bay on the drive before that so you do have a point on that one).

I think Green Bay went into conservative mode in the 4th qtr is why we stopped them that quarter.

GB time of possession was a huge advantage. We need a few 3 and outs during the game so our offense can get into synch.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
We only stopped Green Bay twice in the first 3 quarters and they had 3 long drives

To put an exclamation point on that, 3 long drives with 3/5 of their normal starting OL out ... and a 3rd stringer at LT.

We got one sack against that.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
He isn't solely to blame. And has been put in awful field positions. But he has proven time and time again that any short to intermediate pass is an automatic completion. Even when we know it is coming, we are completely helpless to stop it. And on that basis, I would fire him and insert an interim DC, as drastic as that is. You simply cannot win that way. We seemingly can never get off the field before 8+ minutes have passed, even when we do force punts.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
GB had the ball twice as long as we had the ball. They ran 17 more plays. The 49ers had the ball twice as long and ran 10 more plays. The defense's strategy allows that to happen.

Yeah, the offense has a lot to do with that too. Too many mistakes. Turnovers, dropped passes, bad passes, etc. Its a team game and the whole team is the problem. Morris is only part of it. Along with everyone else.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
GB had the ball twice as long as we had the ball. They ran 17 more plays. The 49ers had the ball twice as long and ran 10 more plays. The defense's strategy allows that to happen.

Yeah, the offense has a lot to do with that too. Too many mistakes. Turnovers, dropped passes, bad passes, etc. Its a team game and the whole team is the problem. Morris is only part of it. Along with everyone else.

Never thought I would have said this,but Kenny Young was a starter & a wild card.He would make a bad play & then followed by a good play.
I’ve been a Troy Reeder fan,he is not a every down LBer & Ernest Jones is not ready for the big role.
Raheem Morris isn’t going anywhere,but The Rams seem to be missing something? It could be as easy as saying SLD69 could be that glue that isn’t able to keep this group together.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Your stats are overly simplified.

We only stopped Green Bay twice in the first 3 quarters and they had 3 long drives (one we stopped at our 45). How do you know we would have stopped them if we had punted the ball away on those 2 offensive turnovers (I am not counting the muffed punt because the defense had actually stopped Green Bay on the drive before that so you do have a point on that one).

I think Green Bay went into conservative mode in the 4th qtr is why we stopped them that quarter.

GB time of possession was a huge advantage. We need a few 3 and outs during the game so our offense can get into synch.
This game is a great example of the offense being the problem with time of possession, unlike the Niners game.

I don’t know that the D would’ve stopped them… I just know it’s a lot tougher to go 225 yards than 25.