(Poll) Goff or Wentz. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB do you want?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• Don't care. I'm just here to troll the board

Results are only viewable after voting.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I caution everyone to be very careful about how they phrase their arguments In Goff v Wentz. Building your guy up is a very good thing ... trying to cut down the other guy to make your guy seem better - not so good.

Not trying to stifle good debate - but the guy that you're cutting down maybe the future of our franchise. I'm talking to myself as much as any of you here - I fall into this rut year after year.

Having said all that - Wentz is the clear choice.

:boxing:

Many have posted both QB's have their assets not breaking either one down, it comes down to Wentz athleticism vs Goff's ability to be a plug and play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think ceiling Goff is a Matt Ryan type QB and Wentz is a Brady. Do with that was you wish.

I think the exact opposite. Brady is possibly the least athletic QB in the NFL. His game is a quick release and knowing where to go with the ball. That is Goff all the way.

Wentz is very athletic but his deep accuracy is not great and he is more about upside than the mental part of the game right now.

I favor the mental part of the game more. Give me Goff all day. He can get stronger in the NFL weight room and his arm will be better for it. He is very accurate, throws with touch and has a super quick release. Plus he has dealt with a terrible Oline at Cal, so he has proven that he can handle pressure, while moving the pocket to extend plays. Wentz has not had to deal with such controversy.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I want all those priceless Ram high valued draft selections back so the Rams can fill the large size HOLE in offensive passing receiving weapons before bringing in a Thoroughbred Stallion....but that's not going to happen. Since we are well down this one way road in the wrong direction to answer the Question .....no brainer here......thats real easy....
"The Red Machine" Carson Wentz .

You would have to look long term here & while Goff may be ready to start day one but the Rams can not overcome its big offensive weaknesses. The loss of most all ammo to bring in any offensive weapons the next two seasons will severely hamper any plus you would get from Goff. So its going to take a much longer period of time to field a strong enough offense to help this young QB out....Its got to be the long term plan & that's Carson. Lucky for the Rams they will have a 5th yr option with Carson. Our recent 2010 last overall #1 QB Sam Bradford didn't even get to his 5th yr with the Rams as they rode him into the dirt & broke him up early. Carson does appear to be much more Ben like.

Another thing to watch here is the Browns....rumors are leaking out that they want to trade out now that the Rams have secured the first pick. It could signal that they know the Rams will select Carson leaving them Goff so now the world has changed on them. You think the Browns are using bad words directed towards Fisher?

ViennaMax

Rookie

i want the rams to get this guy so bad - its not even close.

i think we will regret it for a long time if we pass on goff.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm gonna go with Wentz , and they give him the number 11

I still have a couple actual authentic Rams jerseys with the number 11 on them , but with no name on the back, I got them back when Jim Everett was still their QB

So this could work out pretty good for me , :yess:

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
I have no preference. Either will be an immediate upgrade to the team. No vote for me; I'm just excited to see who we will take. Draft Day can't come soon enough!!!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
And with the Los Angeles Rams first pick

tumblr_nzpi3sryVY1rc7zl1o5_400.gif

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Wentz will fit like a glove into into Jeff Fisher's offense
I have had Jared Goff rated slightly higher than Carson Wentz throughout the run up to the draft. But when it comes to who should the Rams take with the No. 1 overall pick, I believe they should select Carson Wentz. To me, he would fit nicely with what Los Angeles wants to do on offense given head coach Jeff Fisher's background -- run the ball, hit big plays off of play action, and pair that philosophy with a stout defense already in place. Wentz's background at North Dakota State saw him handling line calls, adjustments and audibles in the run and pass game, and operating a lot of offense from under center, in the pistol and shot gun. His ability to read fronts and control the run game would be valuable.

As an added bonus, his athleticism and comfort running the ball will really come in handy. The possibility of his escaping out the backdoor will help tamp down pressure packages focused solely on stopping Pro Bowl RB Todd Gurley, and Wentz's sturdy 6-foot-5, 237-pound frame allows him a great chance to hold up well as a runner.

Finally, with the heavy focus and commitment to running the football, the plan would be for Wentz to be able to throw the ball against easier coverages and in more favorable situations. That would allow him to break into and acclimate to the league quicker, as well as develop without being hit so often early in his career when trying to pass.

This formula worked well for Ben Roethlisberger and Russell Wilson as rookies. I think that Carson Wentz would find it agreeable, too.
This is it in a nutshell. I like Goff a lot, but Wentz is bigger, stronger, and faster. It's not like Wentz is an inaccurate passer, although he may be a little less accurate than Goff, he has the bigger arm. On those qb sneaks, designed qb runs, or when the qb has to run, IMHO Wentz wins. Fisher, especially with the Gurley selection, is building an offense like he had in Tenn; the Wentz pick will be the finishing piece. Like I said, I like Goff a lot, but if they "hit" Wentz (which I think they will), this offense and team will be dangerous.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
With all due respect, I think think hand size thing is really overplayed in importance...Unless he has the hands of a jr high kid or as big as the hulk, I think if it was a real problem it would have cause enough problems at the collegiate level to be of concern...Also, the fact that the Rams know full well his hand size, it doesn't sound t me like they are concerned...Watching him throw in heavy rain would seem to debunk the fear of it being a real problem..This is just my opinion of course...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's why I actually prefer Goff. He played behind a bad OL in college. Dude had to learn how to work the pocket and buy time with his footwork in order to survive. He's a special player in terms of pocket instincts, movement, and poise under pressure. He has really quick feet as well which definitely helps.

He's the sort of guy who can buy time in the pocket with quick, subtle movements like Brady and Manning do/did. Guys like that are uber valuable and make their OLs look good.

Unfortunately for Wentz, one of his biggest flaws right now is how raw his pocket movement is. He doesn't keep his feet active when he's standing in the pocket and his throwing base was too wide. He's shown improvement since the end of the season but it's still going to be something that he'll have to keep working on and improving. Goff's way ahead of him in terms of pocket movement and instincts.

Wentz kind of reminds me of a young Bradford. He typically had good protection so he wasn't forced to master pocket movement in the same way Goff was. He could settle after taking his drop a lot of the time. Goff had to move or he'd get crushed.
The big difference I see between Wentz and Bradford - aside from the bigger build coming out of college is that Wentz does not possess that dear in the headlights look.

The fact that Goff had a terrible O-line can also mean that he will be too interested in not getting hit by NFL level D-linemen. The Utah game to me was not a good sign of what he'll be like with a stout and fast D-line. I just see a guy that might try to get the ball out too quick and in the NFL that can mean teams baiting him as they will know this tendency rather than respecting the possibility he will gash them with his legs.

Both are good prospects though and I am pretty damn excited to see one of them in horns.

Go Rams!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'll just say this:

For Wentz: Mike Mayock and Greg Cosell

For Goff: Bucky Brooks

*drops mic*

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The big difference I see between Wentz and Bradford - aside from the bigger build coming out of college is that Wentz does not possess that dear in the headlights look.

The fact that Goff had a terrible O-line can also mean that he will be too interested in not getting hit by NFL level D-linemen. The Utah game to me was not a good sign of what he'll be like with a stout and fast D-line. I just see a guy that might try to get the ball out too quick and in the NFL that can mean teams baiting him as they will know this tendency rather than respecting the possibility he will gash them with his legs.

Both are good prospects though and I am pretty damn excited to see one of them in horns.

Go Rams!

I see that as well. Good call.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Does It really matter?
Either one is better today even before the draft than any QB on the roster by far and will only get better.

nantucket9

UDFA
Name
nantucket9
I think the fact Fisher won with McNair, a big, strong, athletic small college QB that was on offense that featured a big back is relevant. He can see Wentz in that role.
I have not studied either player extensively, but of those that do, I respect Mayock the most. He was on Wentz way back at the senior bowl and picked him as the top QB then. He says it is Wentz, and not even close. I'll go with Mayock, and Fisher's pedigree with McNair/Tenn formula and vote for Wentz.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Does It really matter?
Either one is better today even before the draft than any QB on the roster by far and will only get better.
Doesn't matter what we think. I'll give you that. I realize many question the brain truss's ability to sniff out offensive talent but the fact of the matter is that they, with almost no doubt, know more and have studied the two WAY more than any of us with jobs not having to do with scouting NFL talent.

That said, it is a debate that will go right up until and past when the Rams hand in their card.

rdw

Pro Bowler
After being on the fence for a couple days, I'll present my new avatar to the jury. I want the closest to a sure thing we can get at QB and in my very humble opinion, that's Goff. I'm very very very intrigued by CW though... decisions decisions!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I think the fact Fisher won with McNair, a big, strong, athletic small college QB that was on offense that featured a big back is relevant. He can see Wentz in that role.
I have not studied either player extensively, but of those that do, I respect Mayock the most. He was on Wentz way back at the senior bowl and picked him as the top QB then. He says it is Wentz, and not even close. I'll go with Mayock, and Fisher's pedigree with McNair/Tenn formula and vote for Wentz.
The thing is BEFORE the Senior Bowl and T Shirt workout , GOFF was far and away the highest graded QB coming out and Wentz was'nt even close. Then Wentz impressed at Senior Bowl and the combine which means nothing compared to playing the game. Game film is were Goff had the lead. You go down in completions when you go up in competition like the Pros. I've seen all the numbers and stats.Please know the list behind each player is very long. The complements from past head coach of the SB winning Bucs after study personal and up close says Goff is the best in 10 years. Warner also see's the polish and accuracy and footwork that some can never learn. The lists on both sides are long. I see Goff raising the play of those around him like Warner did. Goff takes hits like Warner did. Goff has put his fumbling behind him like Warner did as Warners second to final game was his greatest with 5 TD'S and 4 incompletions. I know we won't run the GSOT offense but once Fisher is gone ( and he will be) we can at least have a come from behind offense as Fisher's offense plays for very close games and needs to score in the 4th quarter to win. Watch the Arizona State game and how it was so Warner like. The kid can take a hit like Favre and Warner. Our O-Line and his ability to use his feet like Warner learned in the kill Kurt drill. It's this subtle movements that is very rare and seldom taught. We don't have a QB whisperer here. To say Goff can't run a play action offense is just silly. Wentz is already 24 and being 2 years younger with such skills already with no injuries in his past are remarkable. Yet I believe with all my heart Fisher will be taking Wentz. Both had water put on their footballs during pro days and Goff did better with the wet balls as Wentz's first wet ball went straight into the turf like a dead duck.Both pro days were televised on NFL Network. I also agree pro days are set up to make you look good but the surprise of a wet football by the Browns QB coach was an unexpected thing. Goff had it done to him days before Wentz , who knew it was coming by then still had troubles. I know some here had to see it too. The footwork on Wentz at 24 really has issues. My biggest issue watching both as pro pressure even messes it up more. Fisher is not who I want making this call. Period. We can really mess this up.