(Poll) Goff or Wentz. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB do you want?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• Don't care. I'm just here to troll the board

Results are only viewable after voting.

A55VA6

Legend
I've been going back and forth... I don't really know who I want at this point.

From what I've been hearing, pretty sure Rams are going to take Jared Goff. The Browns want Goff, so Rams had to jump to #1 to get him.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, it's crazy how when the trade first happened it was all Wentz, now its Goff. I'm happy with either one really, but it's hard to say how much is them trying to keep it a surprise and how much is the truth.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
You know - if they would just friggen announce the target - then the entire fan base could get behind the guy. Instead, we are in for ill-informed debate for the next two weeks and roughly half of us are gonna come away a bit disappointed (although we shouldn't).

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah i don't get that either. If we're comparing Wentz to a HOF'er i'd have to throw out a name like Favre.

Yeah, he's EXTREMELY competitive and he holds receivers accountable. We've seen that umpteen times on the field with Brady. Guy runs a wrong route and even before he's back in the huddle, Brady's giving him an earholing. As he SHOULD. Brady's there to win games. Can't stand so much about that guy and that organization, but the focus on winning? Yeah, I can appreciate that.

If anything, I see Goff being more like Brees or Favre. The gunslinger, throw it all over the place type.

Thing is, the Rams, as long as Fisher is here, will never have that type of offense. Goff isn't the kind of QB that thrives in this type of offense.

We've already seen a QB from a small school have a HoF career start on this vector: Ben Rothlisberger. He started as a hand off/pass deep/run it a smidge type of guy. The offense morphed into a more complex animal as he grew. Wentz is the EXACT type of guy to do that with and the Rams have the offense at that exact place to start with him and the defense to go as well.

I mean, they can go with Goff, start Keenum for most/all of this year and I'll cheer my head off like I always will, but this just seems like so much is lining up for the Rams to build a dynasty.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So....Would you call that.....Goff Syrup........
200.gif

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I'm fine with both but I prefer Goff. He's a much more polished passer. Having an elite halfback will do wonders for a potential franchise QB under center.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I was upset at first with how much we gave up . Then I realized how much more upset I'd be if we picked the wrong guy. I'm hearing way too many folks so positive about Wentz , when I like the younger more accurate guy. Both are stand out smart and I don't even think the Ram's are sure yet who to pick. Thats just why Snead made sure he made his planned comment of "The hay is in the barn".

I truly believe Goff can add the 15 lbs of weight he needs for durability. Not sure we have the QB whisperer we need to pull this off. I think the accuracy skill is just not to be overlooked. Whoever ends up with the Browns will be at a severe career dissadvantage. I am really scared we gave up the near future that I know we had to bite the bullet and finally do with less QB talent due out next year. I will not be happy if Wentz is the pick knowing we passed on the accurate arm that we will need to come from behind in the fourth quarter running the Fisher type offense that just does'nt put up enough points to win consistently.

Yes its Goff for me and the RAMS future and I'm almost positive the RAMS think just the opposite . :cry::death::headexplosion::argue::(:( :poop:

Good afternoon. NDSU Alum and Bison fan (hopefully soon to be a Rams/Wentz fan). Just a comment to those who are critical of FCS and the players. Carson practiced against another NDSU/NFL'er in Marcus Williams who plays for the Jets and is no slouch. I think those of you who are not sold on Carson will be very surprised at his ability. No doubt Goff is a good QB as well but for those who are critical of Carson because he played in the FCS I'll say this. There isn't any player FBS or FCS that is going to be a sure thing. To say Goff will be better because he played at Cal Vs. Carson and NDSU is wrong. Enjoy the ride either way and best of luck either way. Hope to see Carson in a Rams Uniform this Fall.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Good afternoon. NDSU Alum and Bison fan (hopefully soon to be a Rams/Wentz fan). Just a comment to those who are critical of FCS and the players. Carson practiced against another NDSU/NFL'er in Marcus Williams who plays for the Jets and is no slouch. I think those of you who are not sold on Carson will be very surprised at his ability. No doubt Goff is a good QB as well but for those who are critical of Carson because he played in the FCS I'll say this. There isn't any player FBS or FCS that is going to be a sure thing. To say Goff will be better because he played at Cal Vs. Carson and NDSU is wrong. Enjoy the ride either way and best of luck either way. Hope to see Carson in a Rams Uniform this Fall.
Welcome bisonbacker.
Hope to see you around here more iften.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I was upset at first with how much we gave up . Then I realized how much more upset I'd be if we picked the wrong guy. I'm hearing way too many folks so positive about Wentz , when I like the younger more accurate guy. Both are stand out smart and I don't even think the Ram's are sure yet who to pick. Thats just why Snead made sure he made his planned comment of "The hay is in the barn".

I truly believe Goff can add the 15 lbs of weight he needs for durability. Not sure we have the QB whisperer we need to pull this off. I think the accuracy skill is just not to be overlooked. Whoever ends up with the Browns will be at a severe career dissadvantage. I am really scared we gave up the near future that I know we had to bite the bullet and finally do with less QB talent due out next year. I will not be happy if Wentz is the pick knowing we passed on the accurate arm that we will need to come from behind in the fourth quarter running the Fisher type offense that just does'nt put up enough points to win consistently.

Yes its Goff for me and the RAMS future and I'm almost positive the RAMS think just the opposite . :cry::death::headexplosion::argue::(:( :poop:
My biggest concern with the idea that Goff can put on another 15 is that he apparently was unable to put on weight for years and just discovered how to do it. He put on weight for the combine and now is expected to put on some more. That's a lot of added weight in a short time period for someone who has never been thick. It may be nothing but I'd rather have that guy who is naturally big than a guy who had to make himself big. How does that affect the rest of everything he does?

I am leaning more toward Wentz because I think he can help us more immediately in ways beyond what Goff is capable of. Gonna be exciting to see what happens either way.

It's funny that before, everyone was saying the Browns wanted Wentz. Then it became Goff. Now the same with the Rams after they moved ahead of them.

Now I really hope the top two QBs go 1 and 2 and that Lynch goes #4 to the cowgurlz. I want SF to be SOL on the QB market.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Welcome.

I'm not worried about Wentz's competition. He passes the eye test.
And if Fisher can make it work with a QB from Alcorn State, then he can make it work with a QB from North Dakota State.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Welcome aboard Bison. Hopefully we'll see you around in the threads about SB MVP Carson Wentz. Cheers

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
My biggest concern with the idea that Goff can put on another 15 is that he apparently was unable to put on weight for years and just discovered how to do it. He put on weight for the combine and now is expected to put on some more. That's a lot of added weight in a short time period for someone who has never been thick. It may be nothing but I'd rather have that guy who is naturally big than a guy who had to make himself big. How does that affect the rest of everything he does?

I am leaning more toward Wentz because I think he can help us more immediately in ways beyond what Goff is capable of. Gonna be exciting to see what happens either way.

It's funny that before, everyone was saying the Browns wanted Wentz. Then it became Goff. Now the same with the Rams after they moved ahead of them.

Now I really hope the top two QBs go 1 and 2 and that Lynch goes #4 to the cowgurlz. I want SF to be SOL on the QB market.

The thing about Goff putting on weight was that he had a problem digesting proteins or something so he couldn't add extra muscle. Once they figured out the issue, he has been able to add weight. It's actually lucky for him he wasn't put on a weight training regimen because with his problem at the time, he would have had serious problems. Now, he can be part of a regimen that puts on muscle mass without causing nutritional distress as long as he's monitored if I read about his issue correctly.

That said, yeah, Wentz seems tailor made for the Rams and what Snisher wants to do.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
NDSU won with and many need to look up how they won Without him. NDSU is the big boy on the block for a very long time. Winners down to the ballboy. Competition level is not even comparable. Yes we have McNair and Big Ben. Cal did not ask their QB's work with the weights. They had a more of a yoga program. I fully believe as a past bodybuilder and weight trainer that especially today you can add weight very easily if that is your focus. Goff is taller than Warner and possibly as accurate in tight windows. You either have accuracy or you don't and from college to the pro's most college QB's comp. Percentage goes down.

Given the degree of competition change for both QB's and accuracy percentage drop along with Carson Wentz playing with the better O-Line and team and Cal's recievers dropped so many balls right in their hands if you have watched any game film at all. I fully believe 100% Fisher is gonna take Wentz and Goff drops to the Whiners and this Old Los Angeles Rams fan dies a bitter, sour older man. Fisher and Snead will at least be long gone. I am a very big fan of Everyone that has played for North Dakota State University and have banged the drum at draft time for every player they have had up for the draft. I Love Carson Wentz just as much. It is just a shame I have to agree with my Favorite RAMS QB ever to wear the horns on color TV and against speedy defensive backs that "Goff has to be the guy".

The footwork and unteachable accuracy Goff already has and wont change with an additional 15 lb"s and how many big hits did Warner get up from ? Roman Gabriel was mostly responsible for my first RAM Crush and his size got us to playoffs , yet we never got to the promise land. Warner and his accuracy and ability to Pre-read and continue to read defenses was his Forte' . I'm sure Fisher will pick the next G-Rob potential over the guy who already was steady at the position in Matthews. I think Goff is a much bigger example of seperation at the position. Bucs SB champion coach says he's the best QB coming out of college in 10 years. All that matters is what Jeff Fisher thinks . I don't think he should even still be our coach after what he has shown. The fact Fisher wants Wentz scares the HELL out of me. To say he fits Fisher's style better is another scary statement used all too often. :death::death::death::death::death: