(Poll) Goff or Wentz. Who do YOU want?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which QB do you want?

• Jared Goff

• Carson Wentz

• Don't care. I'm just here to troll the board

Results are only viewable after voting.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2014: DROY – Aaron Donald
2015: OROY – Todd Gurley

2016: OROY – Carson Wentz, OPOY – Todd Gurley, DPOY – Aaron Donald = Playoffs

In Snisher I Trust!

Psycho_X

Legend
I seriously can't decide. I'm legit 50/50 on both of them and it is kinda driving me mad. I hear one argument for one guy and I'm like "yeah he sounds like he is the guy" and then I hear the argument for the next guy and I'm all like "holy crap yes pick that guy!". Bleh.

I think I fall into the 60/40 category for Wentz more often than Goff so I voted for him but man I just don't know. I think I lean to Wentz more simply because of the offense he ran. I'm so sick of these spread offense or non-NFL like college offenses QBs that have huge numbers in college and get to the NFL and might have the skills but no brains or instincts to handle the rush while trying to remember where the hell his receivers are going. Not saying Goff is at all like that and after watching some film I do like his instincts and release in the face of pressure. So that's why I'm not overwhelmingly in the Wentz corner.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Wentz. I've seen him play quite a bit and I like the way he handles himself. He's very poised and doesn't get rattled much. IMO, his style of play suits the Rams offense more than Goff. Goff comes from a spread offense and most of his offense is centered around a shotgun/spread style offense.

nighttrain

Legend

GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF
if Fisher misses on this pick, his future will be playing golf
train

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I seriously can't decide. I'm legit 50/50 on both of them and it is kinda driving me mad. I hear one argument for one guy and I'm like "yeah he sounds like he is the guy" and then I hear the argument for the next guy and I'm all like "holy crap yes pick that guy!". Bleh.

Yeah, I'm still like...
giphy.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thankfully there are no analytics for competitiveness, but this is another intangible that has me leaning towards Wentz.

see sig below

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My eyeball test tells me to go with Wentz.

Goff looks fragile.
Thin doesnt necessarily mean fragile (Matt Ryan) Goff took a beating behind a horrible O line his entire time at cal and never missed time to injury.

Wentz did miss time due to injury.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Wentz reminds you of Brady?!?!?!
Not Brady the prospect, Brady the cerebral QB that is the general on the field. I believe Wentz has that potential yes. Wentz has more athleticism than Brady. I want to compare to Luck minus the accolades. I think the "minus the accolades" part is why I think of Brady. The risk is there, his ceiling is that of Manning and Brady, but being from a small school, his floor is lower than Goff's as well.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not Brady the prospect, Brady the cerebral QB that is the general on the field. I believe Wentz has that potential yes. Wentz has more athleticism than Brady. I want to compare to Luck minus the accolades. I think the "minus the accolades" part is why I think of Brady. The risk is there, his ceiling is that of Manning and Brady, but being from a small school, his floor is lower than Goff's as well.
I dont get this at all. You dont feel comfortable comparing him to Andrew Luck because he lacks accolades but youll compare him to the 11 time pro bowler, 4 time superbowl champ, 3 times superbowl mvp, 2 time league mvp, Tom Brady? Whom he plays NOTHING like?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thin doesnt necessarily mean fragile (Matt Ryan) Goff took a beating behind a horrible O line his entire time at cal and never missed time to injury.

Wentz did miss time due to injury.

Goff may not have missed any time... but he did have a separated shoulder while at Cal. Saw that on the Gruden - Goff QB Camp.

I've had my fill of fragility at the QB position.

Wentz broke his wrist and came back 8 weeks later to play in the championship game.

Just my eyeball test. I feel like Wentz will be more physically able to handle the NFL.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Goff throws the prettier ball,
That's funny because I was just thinking about how wobbly a throw Goff makes. Wentz is actually known for his pretty passes with the tight spirals.

So this is how we spend the next two weeks, huh?
Seems so - eh? It is a big deal though.

Just my eyeball test. I feel like Wentz will be more physically able to handle the NFL.
That's one of my thoughts as well on this. Goff might be ready to hit the field passing - though I doubt that as well. Wentz will make more things happen as a rookie and physically looks like he can grow into a Rothlesburger type minus the whole rapist thing.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's funny because I was just thinking about how wobbly a throw Goff makes. Wentz is actually known for his pretty passes with the tight spirals.

Seems so - eh? It is a big deal though.

That's one of my thoughts as well on this. Goff might be ready to hit the field passing - though I doubt that as well. Wentz will make more things happen as a rookie and physically looks like he can grow into a Rothlesburger type minus the whole rapist thing.
I dont think goff being skinny automatically means he isnt nfl ready physically I mean just look at these hulking figures
tom-brady-shirtless-2.jpg
qmPJC3u.jpg

accuracy footwork anticipation touch will always be more important qb attributes to me than being a physical specimen

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF GOFF

You should take something for that...... hehehe

tumblr_mdn74f3Vko1rujpneo1_500.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Still hate this team. Still soured on football....

But if you guys go Goff, you'd better have a change in offensive philosophy or a QB with Goff's skill set is going to be utterly wasted. Just wasted.

You have to design your system to maximize Goff's talents. That means opening things up a bit more. He's an anticipation thrower with great placement. Gets the ball out super quick. Throws guys open. Has great touch. I think you'd have to speed up the style of O. You'd definitely need some better WR talent. And to get him a real passing threat.

Wentz seems to fit Fisher ball. A Big Ben type. An early Big Ben type when the Steelers were still about running and D. He didn't evolve into the prolific passer until later when they changed the system.

Athos I hope we see you around more often. We've had moments whee we didn't agree but I always found you to be an interesting read.

As I have said before it's OK to hate Kroenke and love the Rams. A lot of us long time fans felt much the same way about Georgia.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As I have said before it's OK to hate Kroenke and love the Rams. A lot of us long time fans felt much the same way about Georgia.
Fine to hate him - just leave it off this board. We are seriously done with the bashing of the owner of our team. We get it but take it somewhere else. We don't allow it toward ANYONE currently in the organization.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Goff comes from a spread offense and most of his offense is centered around a shotgun/spread style offense.

Sonny Dykes came out of the Hal Mumme (Tim Couch) Mike Leach Air Raid system....throwing it all over the lot.

I want no part of an Air Raid Spread QB that will have however many years of remedial offensive football to learn.

I don't care how many yards Goff threw for in college, he'll bring some of the same issues that the Sam B. critics hated.

Wentz can come in and take snaps under center.
Sold