Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
We will rally around Reeder's amazing coverage abilities and play good football!
I wonder if the coverage ability of the Rams ILBs was the reason that Morris had Hoecht drop into coverage far more than any other EDGE in the NFL. Maybe he just said screw it.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Devin White could be available. Perhaps worth a flier for a low price, but I’m not sure he fits our profile, given his recent history.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I wonder if the coverage ability of the Rams ILBs was the reason that Morris had Hoecht drop into coverage far more than any other EDGE in the NFL. Maybe he just said screw it.
Hahaha

I do think in this defensive sxs, that is one of the calls though, to have the DE drop into coverage, the problem was we weren't getting home the way the plays were designed so the DE was in coverage far longer than they should have been.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Devin White could be available. Perhaps worth a flier for a low price, but I’m not sure he fits our profile, given his recent history.
White kicked a lot of ass early on. Until he got paid. :laugh3:

Although I have to admit that could just be a perception of mine. Not exactly sure of that, nor have I watched much of his games.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Given Rams developmental history at ILB and Jourdan's latest article pointing to that, they want to work and develop their own guys with them being high on Speights in that equation.

We ain't getting no reinforcements.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Why would that make any sense after they just traded a vet ILB in favor of younger players?

White has a bigger 1 yr contract than Jones did and he to got beat out by a younger player. If anything it is a very similar situation as the Rams had with Jones. Philly probably is trying to dump his contract since they are really up against it capwise next year, and would love to save his cap number and carry it over to next year.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Given Rams developmental history at ILB and Jourdan's latest article pointing to that, they want to work and develop their own guys with them being high on Speights in that equation.

We ain't getting no reinforcements.
Nope, instead we are rolling woth our sorry ass LB corps and seeing we get what we paid for. Bargin bin BS. Hopefully Speights can be really good but that is a really really big ask.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
I'll keep saying it. Dumbest fucking trade/move we made this off-season. McSnead should slap the shit out of themselves for this one. They are typically good but this is the head scratcher of the year.
Good, but not great, player with a potentially serious degenerative knee problem asks for too much money.

There are two sides to every story.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Good, but not great, player with a potentially serious degenerative knee problem asks for too much money.

There are two sides to every story.
He was under contract. There was zero reason to pay him plus he even states he was prepared to play without a new contract. Sorry, horrible hot garbage move by a usually astute front office. Pretty sad that some people are still somewhat trying to defend this move. It was a really bad move. Doesn't mean the front office is bad in general. Also, apparently his knee is holding up so far, just ask Titans fans who are laughing at us. Not saying they are the same player but reminds me of the London Fletcher fiasco of not valuing LBs.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Pretty sad that some people are still somewhat trying to defend this move.
It’s not defending the move. It’s saying that things have to be looked at from both perspectives.

I’d have kept Jones, too. But you have to try to look at why the powers-that-be thought otherwise.

And, as always, there’s the behind-the-scenes stuff to which nobody else is party.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It’s not defending the move. It’s saying that things have to be looked at from both perspectives.
Still in a nutshell, we screwed the pooch on this one. No reasoning the Rams come up with justifies it when the player was willing to play his contract out. We went from having a legit starting LB under a reasonable contract number to scrubs that are lucky to be on the team. If we kept him, we'd at least have a one competent starter at LB. We officially have zero unless Speights steps it up if he ever gets an opportunity to play.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No reasoning the Rams come up with justifies it when the player was willing to play his contract out.
Not saying you're wrong. I just have not seen this coming from Jones. I saw where he said they didn't offer him a contract but didn't see where he said he'd play the current one out.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Not saying you're wrong. I just have not seen this coming from Jones. I saw where he said they didn't offer him a contract but didn't see where he said he'd play the current one out.
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...ssee-titans-los-angeles-rams-nfl/74924213007/

"I’m just going to be completely honest: I was shocked. We got off the flight from Houston and then I got told that I would be traded," Jones said Wednesday. "No bad blood. There wasn’t even any contract talks. We never even talked numbers. It was just, ‘All right, y’all aren’t extending me, I’ll play this year out.’ I was under the impression I was going to finish this year in L.A. and then I’d move on. But you know, it happened earlier."

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sp...ssee-titans-los-angeles-rams-nfl/74924213007/

"I’m just going to be completely honest: I was shocked. We got off the flight from Houston and then I got told that I would be traded," Jones said Wednesday. "No bad blood. There wasn’t even any contract talks. We never even talked numbers. It was just, ‘All right, y’all aren’t extending me, I’ll play this year out.’ I was under the impression I was going to finish this year in L.A. and then I’d move on. But you know, it happened earlier."
Saddest shit I read about this fiasco.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
It seriously makes zero sense for them to trade him rather then let him play out the year. The Rams brass intentionally doomed our defense, that is baffling.